A nursery is a place where the baby will spend a large amount of his time. It is for this reason that it is so important that this room is homely comfortable and quite convenient for various purposes. These characteristics, in turn, will directly depend on correctly selected pieces of furniture.
A bunk bed with a sofa for babies is one of the most original ideas. This is the best solution for families with 1 toddler or large families.
Advantages and disadvantages
For oversized dwellings where families with children live, the best type of organization of several places for sleeping can be considered the purchase of a special bed with 2 tiers. The first floor of the structure will be represented by a comfortable sofa, and the 2nd floor - the most comfortable bed for the baby.
Such kind of furniture will allow achieving several goals at once:
- save meters in a small dwelling;
- will allow you to get creative design that can become a stylish decor for any room, bring comfort to it.
The main advantages of a bunk bed with a sofa are:
- the presence of different design options and the ability to choose furniture from various materials;
- a wide range of models and a variety of colors;
- wide price range;
- arrangement of certain zones in space;
- universal application in different rooms.
A two-story product with a sofa has a number of certain disadvantages. These include a certain percentage of danger for those who will sleep on the 2nd tier. The models released for babies have special protective devices against accidental loss.
This is a completely safe staircase to the 2nd floor, special sides. If they are not, this kind of furniture can be considered unsafe.
Parents need to understand that the right approach to the selection of this type of furniture for the nursery will nullify the risk of injury to the baby during his sleep.
A room for children can be divided into a number of zones, then it will become as equipped as possible. Here should be suitable places for relaxation, games and sleep. If the room is not the largest, you will not be able to place a real bed here, a sofa for reading and a playing place.
In this case, a double decker bed with a neat sofa will help. In this design, the role of the 1st tier will be played by a comfortable sofa, which can turn into a bed if necessary. Among the variety of modern models there is always an option for both 1 toddler and two children.
The sofa can exist in 3 positions:
- folded product;
- design with a back having a slight inclination;
- in the form of an already laid out bed.
In the daytime, this sofa becomes a seat, in the evening you can accommodate guests, and at night the sofa turns into a sleeping place. A folded sofa will help save room space, a sofa with a back will allow you to immediately equip 2 places for sleeping.
Models with a folding type sofa are much more in demand than sofas that cannot be transformed into a bed.
By the type of folding mechanism provided, such pieces of furniture are divided into several categories.
- The classic type of mechanism is very easy to operate. To turn a sofa into a place for comfortable dreams, you just need to drop the back and push the seat forward. But the line of relief between the folding back and this seat will be right in the center, and for this reason, without another mattress, you will not be able to sleep on this product.
- Eurobook - can be laid out quite easily: you just need to push the seat forward, and the back itself will lower into the free space.
- Roll-out product: the sofa mechanically moves forward. The main advantage of this design is the optimal parameters of the sofa when it is complex and an ideal place for dreams when it is unfolded. The place to sleep is low enough, which is a great option for a small child.
Consider several models of such structures.
- A sofa that does not fold out. Above is a bed, below is an ordinary sofa. This model can easily perform the functions of 2 zones at once, the simultaneous existence of which will not destroy the interior of the room. But if the parameters of the sofa are significantly large, it can always be used as a comfortable bed, 1 person can sleep on it.
- A bed where the sofa can be laid out like an eurobook. The bed located on top has a normal look, a sofa is placed below, which can be used as a zone for receiving guests. In the evening, the sofa can be laid out in a great place to sleep.
Sizes and shapes
When choosing a bed in 2 floors, you need to think about what parameters it should have in order to become the most comfortable place for children's sleep. Too large a product in a small-sized room will look bulky, immediately “beat out” of the interior space. The product can be called convenient if the consumer does not touch the top tier of the product during operation.
It is imperative that the baby does not have a feeling of relaxation in a closed box during dreams. The space from the 1st to 2nd tier should be spacious enough. Ideally, in the selected product should be provided for the regulation of the height of the 2nd tier. This will help to avoid the manifestation of fear in the baby.
The bed on the top floor of the kit will become a complete area for comfortable dreams. Modern furniture manufacturing companies provide the consumer with a variety of bed size options, for this reason you can easily choose a two-story product for a baby at any age, any physique and height:
- 90x190 or 80x190 cm - these are the usual parameters for a baby bed;
- 90x200 cm - the model is suitable for older children;
- 150x70 and 160x70 cm - models for the smallest.
Two-tier products can be of various shapes, furniture designers offer very interesting solutions: straight and angular options, having lines with asymmetry, geometrically correct and smooth lines, etc.
On sale you can find sofas in the form of a beautiful semicircle or even in the form of funny animals.
Materials of manufacture
Another important point when buying a bed in 2 tiers for the baby can be considered the material from which this furniture is made.
The main criteria here are complete safety and environmental friendliness.
- The best option in this regard is 100% wood (birch, beech or oak). The least expensive option is pine, which has a very pleasant coniferous aroma. These types of wood are wear-resistant, they have no harmful components, and they will last for many decades. However, wood is too bulky, weighs a lot and is quite expensive.
- You can choose a design from a much more pleasant chipboard at a price, but this material will not last very long. In addition, without special impregnation, particleboard is exposed to high humidity.
- But from the products from metal it is best to refuse because of the high level of danger with which they differ.
When choosing a specific 2-tier bed model, ask the consultant for a certificate of hygiene and compliance. In this document, the manufacturer will list all the characteristics of its product and indicate the most important - the presence of formaldehyde in the composition. As a coating, prefer any bright paint a special varnish that does not cause allergies. Such compositions are the safest and have a high resistance to wear.
When choosing an attic bed with a sofa below for the baby's room, special attention should be paid to the question of how it will rise to the 2nd floor.
Manufacturers offer 3 types of designs:
- metal staircase - outwardly looks more attractive, but at the same time quite slippery;
- a wooden staircase is the safest and most beautiful option;
- construction of low nightstands - great for those kids who are afraid to climb stairs.
Criterias of choice
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the main parameters that are very important when choosing a two-story berth for a child.
- Strength. It is best to purchase massive models that will not stagger and will be as stable as possible. If the model is too elegant, it will obviously be unsafe for the baby.
- Security. The second floor of the product must have a special restriction board with a height of at least 30 cm. This design should not have dangerous corners, protruding parts so that the children could not get injured in a dream or during a game. The staircase to the 2nd tier is equipped with durable handrails. Crossbeams of steps on the stairs should be frequent so that the kids do not stumble when climbing. It is better to choose a bed option, where the stairs are mounted on different sides of the product. This will help to choose furniture according to the configuration and size of the room. You can also pick up a model with drawers installed under the stairs. They can be put forward, it is convenient to store the things of the child in them.
- Practicality. The most convenient and practical option is the one in which the product quickly unfolds in 2 ordinary beds.
- Design. The bed should be perfect for the interior of the nursery. It is worth abandoning too bright colors in the decoration, too elaborate elements and non-standard solutions. Such models are often impractical and quite unsafe.
- Models of bunk beds have all kinds of overall parameters , for this reason it is first better to take measurements of the room and accurately determine the installation location of the entire structure. You can also check with the seller - how much space the product will take in the state when it is unfolded.
- If the cost is not the main criterion for selecting a bed, then the quality of materials from which the furniture body is made and the upholstery of its soft part is made in the first place.
An overview of the bunk bed with a sofa you will see in the next video.