Any equipment fails over time, this also applies to Rolsen equipment. Depending on the type of malfunction, you can carry out repairs yourself or consult a specialist.
What to do if the TV does not turn on?
Do-it-yourself repair of a Rolsen TV requires some knowledge of electronics. It happens that the TV does not turn on from the remote control, sometimes the indicator does not light. There may be several reasons.
- A 2A fuse, as well as a D805 diode, may burn out in the power supply. As practice shows, if they are replaced, the problem will be eliminated.
- In some cases, you may find that the tuning to the channels disappears. In this case, the problem arises in the BE transition, which is present on the transistor V001 C1815. Short circuit - the main cause of the malfunction, which can be eliminated by a simple replacement of the element.
- It may be that the TV does not turn on only occasionally when it is in standby mode . Only the image may disappear, but the sound will be. If you click a technique through the on-off button, the image returns. This happens because in the described mode the TMP87CM38N processor loses power. In this particular case, you need to replace 100 * 50v, R802 with 1kΩ and 2.2kΩ. After that, the five-volt power regulator will start to work stably.
- If the TV from the remote control does not turn on, then the reason lies in the indicator on the equipment. It must be checked and replaced if necessary. Sometimes there are no problems as such, just replace the batteries on the remote.
Other possible problems
The user has to deal with some other malfunctions. For example, at the bottom of the indicator flashes red. Often there is no sound on AV. The reason is the static voltage, from which the bass input is not protected. As one of the simplest solutions - an additional resistor. If ROLSEN immediately turns off after 8 seconds, then there is a leak on PROTEKT C028. Infrequently, but it may be that there is no image in full format, the size decreases vertically.
After checking the strapping, the personnel microcircuit and the power, it turned out that they were normal. The main cause of the breakdown is the TV's memory. VLIN and HIT positions will need to be adjusted manually. Enter the service menu as follows:
- first turn down the volume to a minimum;
- hold the MUTE button and simultaneously press the MENU;
- Now you need to scroll through the buttons with red and green colors, and change the required values with blue and yellow.
When the TV does not work normally, and at the bottom of the screen with heating, black bars become more visible, you will need to replace the STV 9302A with the TDA 9302H . Working with strapping will not give a positive result. Sometimes users encounter such a problem when the equipment cannot exit the standby mode to the working one. The cause of the breakdown is a short to GND 5. When chaotic lines of blue color appear on the screen during operation of the TV, and the picture is trembling, then there is no synchronization. You can fix the problem by simply setting the optional res. 560-680ohm.
Workshops often have to deal with another problem: the lack of staffing. Failure is manifested by the disappearance of the image with increasing sound. To cope with the problem, you need to solder everything well in the area of the microcontroller. The cause of the problem is a disturbance of contact during mechanical action. If the inscription “Sound is muted” appears at the bottom of the screen, then this is usually a factory defect.
You can fix the malfunction very simply, just connect the speaker connector, which is located on the board.
Error 011 appears on the screen . This usually happens in autotest mode. If you put the TV in working mode, the tuning to the channels disappears. In this case, you will need to change the LA7910 chip. Rolsen C2170IT models may periodically experience a problem with shutdown during operation or transition to standby mode. Turning on the equipment in this case is not always possible; the TV cannot exit standby. If you shake the board, then the technique starts to work. No matter how surprising it may sound, simple tapping with wooden sticks helps, but this method solves the problem for a short time.
A line transformer has nothing to do with it, but you can fix the problem if you solder the terminals of the TDKS. Microcracks can be found with an ohmmeter. If you have to change the standby transformer in the TV, it is better to do a parallel replacement of the network diodes D803-D806.
If the TV disappears again, it will be necessary to change the capacitor 100mkf * 400v, which gives a powerful impulse that destroys these elements. Some users say that from time to time the reception of programs disappears, then it reappears. The blame for the open throttle, it is designated R104. If the transistor V802 breaks down, the power supply will stop starting.
The disappearance of OSD graphics is always associated with the absence of frame pulses, since in this case the transistor V010 is broken.
General repair recommendations
To ensure that there are no problems with the equipment, experts advise to treat responsibly the operating instructions from the manufacturer . Sudden changes, mechanical impact, high humidity - all this negatively affects the life of ROLSEN TVs. If there is a regular problem with the departure of the diode bridge, then it is worth replacing the network capacitor. With a weak signal at the reception of ether, you need to pay attention to the voltage of the AGC.
Another common breakdown is the clatter coming from the power supply . The reason for the appearance of extraneous sound is a broken chip on the TDA6107 video amplifier. Often, problems with equipment arise after a thunderstorm, since a sharp surge in voltage disables the batteries. If you check the TV, then most often you can see that the transistors are faulty.
In the next video, you can watch the repair process of the Rolsen C1425 TV.