Motoblock is a universal unit that copes with a number of difficult tasks. Like any special equipment, it requires careful attitude and operation. It is easy to preserve the walk-behind tractor correctly for the winter. The main thing is to approach the process of preparing equipment for the cold season with all responsibility.
Why is it necessary to preserve?
In no case can a walk-behind tractor simply be left in a cold garage until the heat comes. Preserve, store carefully and correctly. In the worst case, after the snow melts, you simply can not start the unit. Simple recommendations for storing a walk-behind tractor in the winter will help prevent mistakes in this matter.
- First of all, pay attention to the engine with the gearbox. Change the oil - the previous one can also be used, but only if the condition is “fit” and filtered.
- We conscientiously clean the air filters and fill in the engine oil.
- We unscrew the candles, add oil to the cylinder (about 20 ml) and “manually” scroll the crankshaft (literally a couple of revolutions).
- All parts of the walk-behind tractor are thoroughly cleaned from accumulation of dust and dirt (do not forget about the most inaccessible places). Next, we cover the body and parts of special equipment with a thick layer of oil, which will protect against corrosion. We sharpen sharp edges.
- If the walk-behind tractor is equipped with an electric starter, then we remove the battery during winter storage. And also do not forget about its regular charging throughout the "frosty period".
- We cover the unit, or rather, its painted parts, with a polish. This will help protect the product from rotting. It should be noted that the polish is applied only to a clean unit, otherwise there will be no help from it. With the onset of spring, the coating layer should be washed off.
- Do not forget to open the fuel supply valve for a couple of times a month and pull the starter handle 2-3 times.
What to do with gasoline in the winter?
Frosts require taking fuel tank preparation seriously. Opinions of experts in this case differ. Complete fuel drain means corrosion. However, with a full tank of the walk-behind tractor, which is in storage, the risk of fire increases sharply, which can lead to irreparable consequences.
Operation of equipment in the cold
Motoblocks are widely used in the cold season. A snow cultivator with a 4-stroke gasoline (or diesel) engine will cope with snow removal.
The universal unit is able to perform the following functions in winter:
- acts as an additional source of electricity (power adapter);
- indispensable for harvesting (garbage collection, logging);
- removes snow from the territory;
- means of transportation for fishing in the winter, and the trailer will serve as a place to store fishing rods, tents and a sleeping bag.
Many people wonder whether it is necessary to warm the oil in order to take the unit for winter fishing. The process of heating the engine is necessary when you turn on the walk-behind tractor in the cold. So, we consider the features of turning on the unit in the winter.
- Modern walk-behind tractors imply cooling (air). This simplifies their operation at subzero temperatures. However, the disadvantage is the rapid cooling of the engine in winter.
- For motoblock there are special covers for insulation. This will help maintain the “right” temperature.
- In winter, the engine must be preheated (hard pouring hot water).
- The oil in the gearbox tends to thicken at low temperature. Therefore, it is best to use its synthetic species or rather liquid structure.
How to make a snowmobile?
Buying a vehicle through snowdrifts is a costly affair. There is an exit! A simple and affordable solution will be the conversion of the unit into a snowmobile. Such a unit "cope" with a quick ride in the snow and mud (spring).
When designing a homemade all-terrain vehicle, we pay attention to the wheeled chassis. When creating an all-wheel drive "beast", it is necessary to attach sprockets to the axles and connect them with a chain. For caterpillars, a conveyor belt is suitable.
Ideally, it is better to purchase ready-made chassis (modular). "Winter wheels" should be wide and have a large diameter.
The frame, which can be put on an all-terrain vehicle, is made from a corner of steel. The weight of the trailer must not outweigh the chassis of the tractor.
Most walk-behind tractors are suitable for working with all types of snow cleaning equipment. One option for using a tiller involves attaching a rotary snow blower. This device perfectly cleans snow with spiral scissors. Snowdrifts "fly away" to a distance of 7 meters. The capture device works in the range from 60 to 120 cm.
How to prepare special equipment for the upcoming season?
After the unit has successfully “survived” the winter period, we begin to prepare it for the new season and loads. This procedure is divided into several stages.
- We replace fuel. We merge the remains of gasoline and add a new one. In winter, gasoline could “sour”.
- Checking the candle. Her position must be stable, without air.
- We open the fuel cock.
- Keep the air gap lever closed until the engine warms up.
- We set the ignition to “on” mode.
- Pull the starter handle. As soon as we feel “resistance”, we make a sharp movement “towards ourselves”.
- We are not afraid of smoke. It is released during the combustion of oil.
If you notice significant malfunctions in the operation of the walk-behind tractor after the “winter conservation”, contact a specialist.
On the conservation rules of the walk-behind tractor for the winter, see further.