Cinquefoil “Goldfinger” is a shrub plant with high ecstatic qualities. The flower is often used in landscape design, as well as in the form of hedges. The plant is great for decorating a garden, park, square and other similar locations. We will devote the article to this representative of the flora, consider the features of the species and agricultural technology.
The main distinguishing feature of the flower are large and lush buds of saturated yellow color. This feature attracts both experienced gardeners and beginners who want to decorate their site. It is worth noting the following characteristics of the plant.
- The maximum height of the bushes reaches 1.5 meters. They grow very slowly.
- Colorful yellow flowers abundantly cover the Goldfinger during flowering.
- Crohn is magnificent and wide. Neat green leaves have special decorative qualities.
- The root system is poorly developed. This must be taken into account when planting and do not deepen the bushes too much.
- The plant blooms from May to early autumn.
Advantages and disadvantages of the species
Florists note the following positive aspects of the variety.
- The first thing that should be indicated is high decorative qualities. Lush foliage and large flowers will noticeably stand out both in the territory of a large garden, and in a neat flower bed.
- Bright colors attract butterflies, which become an additional decoration.
- The plant is highly resistant to frost and temperature changes.
- Due to its unpretentiousness in care, the variety is suitable for cultivation by novice gardeners.
- Strong immunity protects the plant from diseases and attacks from bacteria and harmful insects.
- There are several ways to propagate a variety.
- The cultivation process does not require much effort.
Having marked the pluses of the above type, you should definitely indicate the minuses.
- The cinquefoil grows slowly. Florists will have to be patient when growing. As practice shows, up to a height of 30 centimeters, the shrub can grow for several years, which is half its life cycle.
- When cultivating a flower in hot regions, it is often necessary to moisten the soil. The plant does not like drought, it can be fatal to it.
- For full development and abundant flowering, fertilizers must be applied.
- Make sure that water does not stagnate in the soil. This can cause rotting of the stem and root system. Be sure to make a layer of mulch, which will help to cope with the problem.
The use of varieties in landscaping
Charming appearance, bright colors, thick greens, large flowers - all this played an important role in the popularity of the plant. It is actively used in the design of adjoining areas, the creation of "living" compositions and hedges, as well as for landscaping.
Shrubs often plant close to each other, creating a line. Many gardeners believe that in this form the beauty of plants is revealed to the maximum. However, single plants also have high attractiveness and charm.
Specialists often plant Goldfinger bloodroot along with other shrubs. Yellow buds are in perfect harmony with bright flowers of various kinds, creating a juicy variety of colors.
The fact that the plant does not require special care also affected the widespread use of varieties in the design of land . The main thing is to choose the right landing site for growing and observe simple agricultural technology.
Experts note that the flower can be planted in almost any area, however, the correct choice of location will play an important role in the attractiveness of the plant. It is recommended to refuse to plant shrubs in darkened locations. Lack of sunlight can slow down the already slow growth process. Over time, Goldfinger will get used to these conditions and will feel great, but the bushes will remain small.
To maximize the growth of the bush, you need to choose a carefully lit area.
Remember that the plant does not tolerate dry weather . In this case, you need to carry out regular watering and monitor the condition of the leaves and buds of the flower. Due to the fact that plants tolerate cold without problems, they are cultivated in open ground, without the use of greenhouses and shelters.
Landing site preparation
Regardless of which site you select, pre-training should be done. The first step is to clean the land of weeds, grass and other excess vegetation.
The flower will feel better in loose soil, for this the soil should be carefully dug.
Also, the earth is periodically loosened during the growth of the flower. This provides oxygen to the root system, which positively affects the condition of the plant. Feeding is advisable. Nutrients will help the flower adapt quickly to a new place (when planting seedlings) and give strength to plant buds.
During operation, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules.
- Planting this variety is best in the first spring month.
- The depth of the landing pit should be between 50 and 60 centimeters.
- At the bottom, a drainage layer should be formed. Use pieces of broken bricks or rubble.
- During operation, be extremely careful, sprinkle the root system of the plant with earth carefully, so as not to damage it.
- If necessary, humus or mineral formulations can be used as top dressing.
- When watering, use clean and warm water. Young plants need to be watered more often than adults, especially at first.
- With increased soil acidity, it should be stabilized.
Watering and fertilizing
Due to fluid stagnation, the plant may die, so watering should be moderate and periodic. In the hot season, the flower especially needs water. For one bush, 10 liters of liquid are used. Irrigation is carried out 3-5 times during the season.
Do not use raw water - it is best suited purified or settled.
As top dressings, it is recommended to choose organic compounds or mineral additives. Experienced gardeners recommend the first time to fertilize during planting, the second time the soil is fed after a month. You can also help the plant during flowering, saturating the soil with useful trace elements.
One of the components of plant care is pruning. It helps maintain the attractive appearance of the flower, and is also needed for the full development of the plant and its comfort. The procedure is performed as it grows.
Experts advise pruning the bush in winter, when the period of severe frosts completely recedes. If it is necessary to adjust the appearance of the shrub, work is performed in early autumn or in April.
Gardeners shorten excess shoots, ennobling the appearance of the flower and making it more attractive and neat. Shoots can be cut to a maximum of 10 centimeters.
As mentioned above, the Goldfinger cinquefoil is considered an unpretentious plant, it tolerates the cold season and does not need complicated care. In this case, it is necessary to adhere to minimal agricultural technology when growing varieties.
Since the flower has a natural resistance to temperature fluctuations, it is not necessary to cover plants for the winter. You can also leave the plant at the landing site without digging and transferring shrubs to a greenhouse or insulated place. With the onset of winter, shrubs leave in the open without any changes. In this state, they are waiting for the arrival of spring.
The plant can be propagated at home. Gardeners choose one of several available methods:
- The process of dividing the bush is suitable for regions with a warm climate. Work is carried out in the fall or in the spring. The plant is divided into 2 parts, and after rooting is carried out.
- Propagation by cuttings has many subtleties. It is necessary to carefully separate the lignified shoot and plant it in the ground. It should have at least 3 sheets.
- When using seeds, seed is distributed across containers. After the young seedlings are transplanted into the open ground. This usually happens in April.
- Another way is to propagate the plant by layering. On fresh shoots, cuts are made, the branches are pressed to the ground and sprinkled with soil. After about a week and a half, roots form.
According to many experienced gardeners, the Goldfinger bloodroot is practically not sick. Also, the plant is not afraid of most pests due to its strong immunity. However, it is recommended that you periodically inspect the plant for signs of disease.
Certain weather conditions can cause a plant ailment. The condition of the flower may deteriorate due to humid and cold climate. This provokes the appearance and development of the fungus. Goldfinger can be protected with fungicides. From harmful insects, insecticides are actively used.
Use in traditional medicine
The plant has found its application in alternative medicine. The leaves of this variety are rich in ascorbic acid. By the concentration of this element, the cinquefoil can even be compared with the fruits of black currant. Local residents living in Siberia have long brewed tea from dried or fresh leaves of the bush.
Anyone can make such a drink. It is brewed in the same way as regular tea. This drink has a positive effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Also, in addition to a pleasant aftertaste and delicate aroma, it contributes to working capacity and gives a feeling of vivacity.
How to plant this shrub, care for and use it, is described in detail in the next video.