The development of modern technology is happening rapidly, especially in conditions of computer, television progress. A high-quality smartphone can replace a person with almost any gadget. Nevertheless, radios remain in demand, manufacturers annually release new models. This simple device remains the right people in different conditions. For example, to give the best budget option is not found. A diverse design - futuristic or retro - allows you to choose a model for every taste. A modern radio is a multifunctional device. In addition to the radio wave transmitter, it can have many useful things: a flashlight, an alarm clock, a timer, and a player.
FM radios are available in several variations, they are classified by the method of signal reproduction.
- The ethereal model. The signal is transmitted almost everywhere, it is caught by means of an antenna, which all receivers are equipped with. The most popular variety.
- Wired variation. It requires binding to a radio stream, which is in all types of modern housing. This is a stationary view of the device, which works almost uninterruptedly, since the reception area is everywhere even thanks to the wires. This is the most popular variety for cottages, country houses.
- Online Radio. The signal is transmitted through special lines or telephone wires. Signal quality is always good.
Also, radios are divided by the method of adjustment.
- Analogue - budget models, comfortable for those who listen mainly to one or two stations. The tuning scale is mechanical type, the station is selected by rotating the wheel, the slider. Among the minuses - not too fine tuning of the range, there is no memory.
- Digital - with LCD displays on which the necessary information is visible. Most often equipped with additional options: alarms, timers. This is a compact variation, suitable for home, garden, travel. Able to play MP3 format, there is a USB connector, SD / MMC, Aux. They allow you to comfortably search for the necessary radio stations, waves by auto-search, perfectly receive the signal.
A young category of users prefers digital devices, they are attracted by sound quality, ease of use, compactness.
There are even pocket models that are indispensable on the go. An analog receiver is often acquired by people of an age who do not have high demands on the device.
The best models of radios in the modern market are equipped with a digital tuner and a remote control. They are waterproof with an extended range.
Perfeo PF-SV922. The module has an additional set of functions, an LED type screen. It is possible to scan the range on the machine during operation. The memory function allows you to save the settings of several dozen stations that are called up by pressing the appropriate button. The player mode allows you to read MP3 format from a flash card. It can perform the function of a card reader with all the relying functions, if connected to a PC. It can be used as an acoustics system.
- Max MR 400. Portable type receiver, mechanical control, very reliable device, the risk of breakage is low. Nice design, the sound is pretty clean, strong, no distortion. The range is wide, you can choose the station "to taste". There is a player that supports MP3 format, USB-port, Bluetooth, slots for connecting to a smartphone or PC. Equipping a solar-type battery minimizes the need for charging if there is no standard network.
- Perfeo Huntsman FM +. Model portable type, compact, with good sound, subwoofer. The extended range allows you to catch a variety of stations. Equipped with a digital format tuner, the setting is accurate, the signal reception at a high level. Auto search for stations, fixing 50 settings make using comfortable. You can manually enter the parameters of the desired radio wave. The MP3 player allows you to listen to books and music, return to the bookmark after turning it off. The 1000 mAh battery allows you to listen to music for several hours without recharging.
- Bosch GML 50. Not too budget, but very high-quality model with a spectacular design. Equipped with 4 speakers, subwoofer. Reads MP3 format from different media thanks to different connectors. Any audio systems (smartphones, PCs, tablets) are connected, turning the receiver into an acoustics system. Durable aluminum frame with shockproof system. It is powered by a mains or battery; it can itself act as a charger.
- Panasonic RF-800UEE-K. Sensitivity high level, 4 ranges, wooden case in vintage style. Broadband type speaker with metal mesh, volume - up to 2.5 watts. The reception is high-quality, the antenna can move to a height of 12–80 cm. MP3 content is reproduced thanks to the player, there are connectors for flash cards, built-in memory, and a headphone jack.
- Degen DE-1103. It has established itself as a highly sensitive device that flawlessly catches even with a weak signal. The circuit is equipped with a DSP chip, which copes well with FM reception. The liquid crystal screen is highlighted, on it you can see the frequency display, signal reception, volume. Accepts even an amateur range. Antennas of flexible type and telescopic, there is a clamp for different positions.
The batteries charge while using the unit from the mains. Therefore, there is practically no need for control.
- Tecsun PL-660. The digital type device covers a huge range of stations, including amateur, air. Sorts stations in auto mode, duplicates are deleted automatically. The desired frequency is selected with one button. Convenient search device, three possibilities of signal power regulation allow you to independently select the sensitivity of the device based on the distance to the signal source.
- Sony ICF-P26. Pocket-type receiver, you can transfer anywhere, the sound quality is at the highest level, the broadcast mode does not matter here. There is a built-in speaker, headphone jack. The LED type sensor helps to control the charge, it is easy to configure, change batteries. The tuner is as sensitive as possible, an extended type range, high level selectivity, clear broadcasting. The weight is minimal, very convenient to use, well suited for travelers and active people.
A telescopic antenna can improve tuner sensitivity, making reception quality higher.
How to choose?
The choice of receiver depends on many factors, much decides the purpose and place of use. To the village or to the cottage simple enough models without complex functions. Pocket (small) option is good for travelers. It is worth paying attention to the technical specifications.
- Sensitivity. With high sensitivity, the receiver works as efficiently as possible, capturing the largest number of stations.
- Selectivity. In relation to the adjacent channel, the perception of waves occurs without wheezing, squeaking, or other unpleasant sounds. A higher score means better selectivity. You should not consider models less than 60 dB.
- Output power. It allows you to evaluate the sound volume: the lower the indicator, the quieter the sound.
- Additional feature set. It is worth evaluating what you really need out of this. If you do not use most of the functions, you should pay attention to simple models. If you need an alarm clock, an exit for a flash card - consider more "packed" options.
- Brand and price. If about the price you can confidently say that the high cost is not always justified, then the brand should be checked.
See the following video about the features of FM radios.