A universal device called the “Chance-E” self-rescuer is an individual use tool that is designed to protect the human respiratory system from the effects of toxic combustion products or fumes of gaseous or aerosol chemicals. This tool is used in various emergencies and allows you to save the life and health of people. Marking with the letter “E” means that the version of this model is European.
The Chance-E self-rescuer is a universal filtering small-sized device. The device is called "Chance", since the manufacturer that produces it is of the same name. The UMFS self-rescuer looks like a bright yellow hood made of fire-resistant material with a half mask . The device has a transparent screen made of polymer film, and is also equipped with breathing valves for air inlet and outlet. The head part has the ability to adjust the size, and filter elements are installed on the sides of the hood.
The technical parameters of the self-rescuer suggest the use of a single design size for both an adult and a child, starting from 7 years.
It should be borne in mind that in the working position for children over 12 years old, the half mask with its lower part should abut in the hole located between the lower lip and the chin area, and in children from 7 years old and up to 12 years of age the half mask covers the face together with the chin area . The convenience of the “Chance-E” self-rescuer lies in the fact that prior use does not require a preliminary fit to the face. The design hood is wide and allows you to put on a protective equipment for people with a high hairstyle, voluminous beard and with glasses.
The self-rescuer of the UMFS “Chance-E” is reliable and convenient, its bright, conspicuous coloring, is a guarantee that, in conditions of severe smoke, a person will be noticeable and able to receive the help of rescuers who do not have to spend precious time searching for the victim. The protective device is released from a special polyvinyl chloride material, which has a certain thermal resistance. With confidence, the manufacturer declares that during the rescue activities this material will not tear and will not collapse. The filtration system uses special materials that can hold various chemical components that enter the air in a gaseous form - it can be sulfur, ammonia, methane and so on.
In the front part of the “Chance-E” self-rescuer there is a system for attaching the half mask to the face - it has elasticity and the property of self-regulation. This type of mounting allows you to simply and quickly put on a protective device, completely eliminating errors in use. The weight of the structure does not exceed 200 g, and such a small mass does not create a load on the human vertebral column. In addition, the device does not interfere with tilting and turning the head.
The protective device has the ability to hold at least 28-30 different chemical poisonous components, including carbon monoxide, with its filter elements.
This property of UFMS "Chance-E" is used in case of fires, as well as man-made disasters, which are associated with the release of large concentrations of toxic substances into the atmosphere. The duration of the protective effect lasts at least 30-35 minutes. The presence of air movement valves ensures that no condensation collects inside the device. The protective agent can be used repeatedly , for this you only need to change the filter elements.
The device together with the packaging weighs no more than 630 g, it comes to readiness immediately after it is put on the head, the shelf life of the product is 5 years.
Personal protective equipment “Chance-E” self-rescuer is used in various situations where there is a risk of poisoning with harmful chemicals in the air.
- The implementation of evacuation measures . In a smoky room, the device is put on the head and pick up a lit lamp. It must be used in any situation where visibility is reduced to 10 m. During evacuation through fire sources, in addition to the Chance-E self-rescuer, it is necessary to throw a fireproof cape over itself, and this must be done through the head.
- Search and rescue people . Prior to the arrival of a professional fire brigade team, urgent measures must be taken to save people from the lesion. A protective device worn on the lifeguard will help to remove the injured and protect them from the effects of toxic substances. A protective device can also be worn on the affected person if you have an optional kit.
- Elimination of the causes and consequences of an emergency . Before the arrival of the fire service, you can try to take feasible actions aimed at suppressing the source of fire or chemical pollution. A protective tool will be necessary in the case when people have to work to eliminate a fire or other situation that led to an emergency.
- Assistance to the fire service. In order to provide assistance to people who came to extinguish a fire, it is necessary to use protective equipment and escort them to the fire source in the shortest possible way, in order to reduce the time for searching for victims. Sometimes it is required to provide firefighters with access to enclosed spaces, and the Chance-E self-rescuer will again come in handy for this task.
The universal means of protection "Chance-E" is a modern invention, during the creation of which many tests were carried out regarding the technology and materials used to make the structure.
Before using an individual protective equipment, it is necessary to check its expiration date, as well as determine the time of protective action. Instructions for the use of protective equipment establish a certain procedure for the use of UMFS “Chance-E”.
- Open the package and remove the bag with the protective device from it. The package must be torn along special perforation lines.
- Both hands should be put in the elastic part of the hood collar and stretched to weight so that the structure can be put on the head.
- The protective equipment is put on with the movement from top to bottom and only after that the hands can be removed from the inside. In the process of putting on, it is important to pay attention to the fact that the half mask covers the nose and mouth, and the hair is completely removed under the hood.
- Using an elastic band to adjust, you need to adjust the tight fit of the half mask to the face. Please note that the entire structure must be tightly fixed to the head and not let air in. Inhalation should only be through a valve with a filter.
The bright yellow color of the protective device allows you to notice a person, even with strong smoke. Self-rescuer "Chance-E" does not need any special maintenance or repair after use.
Overview of the self-rescuer "Chance-E" see below.