The most popular material for decorating a bathroom is ceramic tile. Its popularity is due to technical characteristics: it can withstand heavy loads, quietly tolerates all kinds of temperature extremes and high humidity.
Thanks to strict quality control, manufacturers delight their customers with finished products that have an attractive appearance, convenient sizes that fit any interior design, and improved performance in use.
Spanish ceramic tile - floor or wall - is the key to the original idea of the designer. Manufacturers develop each collection in accordance with the building fashion for ceramic tiles for bathrooms. Thanks to this, any consumer will be able to create the desired interior at home.
Some facts that confirm the popularity and high quality of Spanish tiles:
- ceramic tiles from Spain are exported to almost 200 countries of the world;
- more than half of the manufactured products are exported from the country;
- About 15% of the total world production of ceramic tiles is made by Spain.
The features of Spanish materials include the perfect processing of the edges of the tiles. Thanks to the ancient traditions of production and using modern technology, we get great material.
Tiles from Spain tolerate temperature extremes , are resistant to the appearance of various cracks, resistant to spilling of abrasive and aggressive substances on it. Tile from Italy also has such qualities.
For the production of ceramic Spanish tiles, manufacturers use certain clay mixtures, and also add exclusively natural ingredients. Clay tiles are subjected to high pressure, pressed. This is followed by firing at high temperature in special furnaces.
For the top layer, the manufacturer uses ceramic glaze.
Spanish ceramic tiles are the right choice in favor of high-quality finishing materials. Due to the wide variety of collections, each consumer will be able to choose his own material according to taste and possibilities.
Classic tile is mainly 20x20 cm in size. Often it is marbled.
Advantages and disadvantages
The characteristic advantages of Spanish tiles include such advantages as:
- A huge selection of colors, ornaments, drawings. This gives the consumer the opportunity to choose exactly the ceramics that he will need for his design.
- Manufacturers offer decor, where the thematic drawing will be depicted in accordance with the chosen design.
- The highest quality material.
- Saturation of colors and colors of ceramic tiles.
- Long service life, increased wear resistance.
Also, the following characteristics of ceramic products can be attributed to a number of advantages:
- tolerates prolonged contact with water;
- has a high strength threshold;
- service life - not limited;
- easy to clean with detergents or cleaners;
- tolerates temperature changes well;
- resistant to corrosion;
- it is steady against falling of objects, it is not afraid of heaviness of heavy furniture, a bathroom;
- has an aesthetic appearance;
- thanks to the coordinated work of designers, it has an excellent choice in color, design and graphics, as well as a variety of sizes.
Cheap Spanish tiles are ideal not only for decorating in your bathroom, but also for kitchens. All this is possible thanks to its excellent technical characteristics.
The disadvantages of ceramic tiles are much less than the advantages. Unfortunately, despite the simplicity and ease of installation of ceramic tiles, it must be laid on an ideal and dry base, which must be previously perfectly aligned. Before laying the floor tiles, a cement screed must be carried out and processed. Another disadvantage is poor thermal insulation. Unfortunately, walking barefoot on ceramic tiles without underfloor heating is quite unpleasant.
The most common drawback is the presence of a possible marriage (chips, cracks, etc.).
Types and characteristics
The use of ceramic tiles in the bathroom implies the resistance of the material to high humidity, because in the first place, the bathroom will always have prolonged contact with water. Due to frequent temperature changes, according to safety regulations, each manufacturer is obliged to comply with the special requirements that apply to the production of tiles. Among these requirements, there are special roughness indicators.
Spanish ceramics for bathrooms can have several destinations that will differ in the materials from which it is made. Finishing materials for floors and walls have gained particular popularity.
Thanks to the porous surface, Spanish ceramic tiles are very easy to lay on any surface, especially with regard to the walls of the bathroom. Floor finishing materials have lower porosity. Thanks to this, the material will last much longer than other analogues.
Exclusive finishes for ceramic Spanish tiles will be the perfect finish for your bathroom.
Technical characteristics of the tile.
- One of the most important qualities is wear resistance. Thanks to this characteristic, the tile will have abrasion resistance, which will retain its attractive appearance for a long period. This parameter, PEI, has five classification groups:
- I - easy operation is allowed (designers recommend using such tiles for wall decoration);
- II - laying of such tiles for walls or floors in the bathroom is allowed;
- III - suitable for installation inside residential premises;
- IV - has higher operational characteristics, can be used for decorating living rooms, as well as for stairs, corridors;
- V - the most durable and resistant ceramic tile.
- Water absorption is a mandatory feature for tiles, which will be laid during the lining of pools and bathrooms.
- Resistance to sharp changes in temperature. This characteristic depends on how porous the tile. Despite firing, every part has pores that appear from the evaporation of residual moisture, from the release of various gases that arise during high-temperature chemical reactions.
- Cracking. This characteristic indicates the appearance of small cracks in the coating. Unfortunately, such a defect may appear on the tile before it is laid. If the defect manifests itself after it has been laid, this indicates that the technology for laying ceramic tiles was not respected and the basic installation requirements were violated.
- Slip resistance. Due to this, it becomes clear how much the surface can prevent the sliding of the object that is on it. This characteristic is especially relevant for flooring in bathrooms, where it is often quite slippery.
- Chemical resistance. This indicator shows how stable the enamel is in contact with chemistry. High-quality tiles must withstand contact with detergents and cleaning agents that almost every housewife uses to maintain cleanliness in the room.
- Tile tone is the color, saturation of each material, which may differ from what is stated. Often, the manufacturer indicates the tone using letters or numbers on each package of goods. Caliber is the real size of the product. Only a couple of millimeters of error is allowed from the nominal. It is recommended to check the tile immediately before laying for the coincidence of the data on the package with the actual dimensions.
- Bending resistance. The technical indicator indicates how much the load tile can withstand without breaking.
- Strength limit. This indicator provides the consumer with information about what kind of load this ceramic tile can withstand. The thickness of the product is important here.
- Surface hardness - shows how resistant ceramic tiles are to cracks, damage or scratches. Has a scale of one to ten. On matte products, scratches are less noticeable than on glossy counterparts.
- Differences in temperature conditions. This characteristic shows well how enamel surface can withstand visible temperature differences and not crack.
Manufacturers and reviews
The modern market for finishing materials offers consumers the choice of the best of several Spanish manufacturers.
Absolut Keramika Cobsa
A manufacturer from Spain who prefers to produce ceramics in a small format. Ideal for designs in the style of Victorian, country or classic.
A manufacturing company that specializes in manufacturing products using exclusively natural and environmentally friendly materials.
It specializes in the production of luxury materials for bathrooms. This brand has established itself as a manufacturer of finishing materials for creating noble and aristocratic designs.
The most common are the collections of “APE Ceramica Allure”, “Carpicho de los zares”, “Biselado” and others.
A fairly popular brand in the European Union. It offers a wide selection of porcelain stoneware and ceramic tiles for decorating bathrooms.
It is considered one of the most innovative enterprises that select raw materials for production in a special way.
Once a quarter, it tries to delight its consumers with new catalogs with the most fashionable proposals for finishing materials. All products of this manufacturer are fairly easy to recognize by interesting and memorable textures and colors.
A factory producing tile for bathrooms with beautiful and easily recognizable prints.
Also manufacturers of quality products are Pacific companies from Mainzu, Baldocer, Gaudi, Caledonia.
The floor of the bathroom, which is tiled from Spain, has increased wear resistance, and is not afraid of any mechanical damage or chemical influences using abrasive cleaners.
No wonder Spanish ceramic tiles have long been considered the standard of quality products. The entire segment is successfully located in the middle price range, so this material is available to almost every consumer. Cerdomus products can be considered the most striking variant of the ideal price-quality ratio.
This ceramic tile is quite practical, has a long service life , which distinguishes it from other manufacturers. Thanks to their simple and quick installation, more and more customers prefer this particular tile.
When choosing ceramics, pay attention to what kind of ceramic it is - first, second or third. Depending on this, the cost per unit or per square meter will vary. When choosing material for an apartment or a house, always take into account the characteristics of the room where it is intended: a bathroom, a bathroom, a kitchen. For a room where there will be a sufficiently large number of visitors (for example, for a guest bathroom or corridor), give preference to a tile that is resistant to mechanical stress, and will also have a certain resistance to fading.
Spanish tiles have their own distinctive features and color.
A special design that we can find in incredible ornaments or color combinations of ceramic tiles. Beige tiles are quite popular today.
The highest level of quality production of tiles and excellent technical specifications.
See how to choose ceramic tiles in the next video.