Every woman knows that in the course of homework related to the use of household detergents that contain chemicals, the skin of the hands and nails are severely affected. That is why today household rubber gloves are in great demand. In this article you can find absolutely all the information about this personal protective equipment: characteristics, types, requirements for rubber gloves. We will also talk about how to choose and use them correctly.
Household rubber gloves are an indispensable attribute for the cleaning process in the house. The technical products of protection, if correctly selected, can be used when performing various types of work. For washing dishes, for example, put on light and thinner products. And when you need to clean the bathroom, it is best to use long gloves of increased strength.
Quality rubber gloves are characterized by:
- wear resistance;
- high coefficient of resistance to aggressive environment.
Also, gloves do not constrain movements, they are comfortable, convenient, fit hands well and maintain their sensitivity. Of course, the product has a lot of advantages, but there are also disadvantages.
The most important is that the skin in rubber gloves does not breathe, sweating increases. In addition, allergy is possible.
The assortment of household rubber products, which is presented today in the consumer market, is quite diverse. All of them differ in many ways and properties, but the main feature is the material of manufacture. Based on this parameter, rubber gloves are like that.
- Made from natural rubber. This type of product is made of latex, rubber. Latex products are seamless, which provides maximum protection for the skin of the hands and increases the strength and reliability of the product itself. They are characterized by excellent extensibility and wear resistance. As for the disadvantages of this type of product, it is worth noting the low resistance to highly concentrated chemicals. Latex mittens are best used when cleaning the house, washing dishes. They are also indispensable when performing paintwork.
- Made of artificial rubber. Vinyl and nitrile are used in its quality. Such products are wear-resistant, durable, have excellent resistance to mechanical stress and chemicals. Since gloves made of artificial materials perfectly resist aggressive chemicals, they can be used when washing floors, cleaning a toilet bowl, tile or plumbing fixtures.
Such products also have disadvantages. If their integrity has been violated, they will necessarily tear . They sit on the hand well, but sensitivity is lost .
Many manufacturers, who primarily care about the client, his health, use cotton spraying for the inner surface of the product in the process of manufacturing rubber gloves for household needs. Gloves with such a cotton coating reduce the risk of allergic reactions and various types of skin irritations.
Thanks to modern technologies in the production process of this personal protective equipment, it became possible to protect the consumer as much as possible, improving the physical and technical parameters of the rubber product.
The manufacturing process for household rubber gloves is regulated by law. Their production, technical parameters and properties are standardized by such a document as GOST 20010 - 93 “Technical rubber gloves. Technical conditions. " This regulatory document clearly spells out all the requirements that a product must comply with, namely:
- length must be at least 30 cm;
- the product must be two-layer;
- color may be different;
- the surface of the gloves is whole, without any flaws, defects, pimples;
- each finished product must be marked with the trademark, name, date of manufacture, compliance with the standard, shelf life, rules of operation and storage.
Also provided by GOST:
- coefficient of conditional strength - not less than 16 MPa;
- elongation at break - not less than 800%;
- acid-base coefficient - not more than 1 pH.
Absolutely all household rubber gloves must undergo a number of laboratory tests, at the end of which the properties and technical parameters are determined.
Also, after conducting research, specialists must conclude that the product is completely safe, does not contain harmful substances in its composition.
Rules for selection and use
It’s not enough just to buy rubber gloves, you need to choose them correctly so that the protection is maximum. So, when choosing them, the following points must be taken into account.
- The type of rubber used to make gloves is natural or artificial.
- What chemicals will the product come into contact with. For concentrated chemical compositions, it is better to choose a product from artificial rubber, and for detergents with a neutral chemical composition, products from natural rubber are suitable. We can conclude that the ideal decision would be to purchase different gloves.
- Size . It is necessary to take into account the parameters of the palm and the length of the cuff. They must be indicated on the product. Size S is suitable for a small hand with a small palm, M - for a medium-sized hand, sizes L and XL are designed for a male hand.
- Cuff length. The higher the gloves, the safer your hands will be.
- Cost .
It is also necessary to take into account technical parameters, among which the most important are chemical resistance and the ability to resist tensile strength. It is also advisable to make sure that you are not allergic to rubber. Good household gloves have a long operational period. But this parameter directly depends on the proper storage and use of the product.
The following rules must be followed:
- hands should be clean and dry before putting on gloves;
- do not reuse disposable gloves;
- Clean the product after each use.
To prevent gloves from tearing with long nails, it is recommended to insert cotton balls into your fingers. If a small hole appears on the surface, pull this place and tie a thread. Rubber gloves can be washed in soapy water or washed without removing hands, running water. Water temperature should not exceed 40ºС. Then wipe with a towel and dry naturally.
When the gloves are completely dried, it is advisable to sprinkle them with starch or talcum powder, then they will not stick together. Store in a dry place - high humidity can reduce performance.
Tips for choosing gloves see below.