Motorblocks “Scout” (Garden Scout) are units of Ukrainian production, which are assembled at domestic facilities, but using spare parts from abroad. Motorblocks “Scout” are also popular among residents of other countries, and not only in Ukraine, and therefore are also delivered abroad (to different CIS countries). The equipment is in demand among buyers with different incomes due to the attractive price and high technical characteristics.
Using Scout you can:
- harvest feed;
- cultivate the soil;
- perform utility work;
- clean up territories;
- transport crops or goods;
- to carry out various works on territories up to 5 hectares.
To improve the efficiency of use of devices, as well as increasing their efficiency, manufacturers supply various attachments for them.
Scout motoblocks have such distinctive features:
- 2 year warranty;
- reliable materials;
- excellent paint quality;
- a thorough check of hydraulics during assembly;
- the ability to withstand high loads and work for a long time;
- the combustion chamber of the fuel is increased, which increases the power of the unit;
- the ability to start the motor with a starter or manually;
- some models have a water-cooled engine;
- It is possible to install any attachments;
- smooth operation of the motor in heat and cold;
- motors and gearboxes are installed separately on the walk-behind tractor;
- it is possible to use the equipment for driving on ordinary roads with the appropriate documents.
The Scout line is represented by units operating both on gasoline and diesel.
Among them, the following are especially worth highlighting:
- "Scout 101DE";
- "Scout 101D";
- "Scout 81D";
- "Scout 81DE";
- Scout 135G
- "Scout 12DE";
- Scout 135DE.
This technique is in demand due to its power and endurance. All engines on such units are four-stroke. Some models are equipped with water cooling, and some with air. In the latter version, it is possible to provide a lighter weight of the motor and increase the maneuverability of the walk-behind tractor on small plots of land.
The manufacturer makes trailed installations for Scout walk-behind tractors, which are not inferior in quality to their foreign counterparts. Among the attachments you can find various tools for cultivating the soil, preparing it for sowing and harvesting, transporting goods and more.
The machine can be equipped with a collapsible milling cutter, which can be assembled immediately before performing work at the facility, and removed after the event. The entire assembly and disassembly process is described in the instruction manual. When working with such a device, it is necessary to observe safety precautions, wear protective devices, and also not use a malfunctioning cutter. There is a more advanced version of the rotary cutter, which has high productivity. It is called an active rotisserie, but its cost is quite high, and therefore not everyone buys it.
It is also a type of attachment, which is a place for transporting cargo, while the operator can also be located there. Currently, there are two categories of adapters: one of them is an ordinary chair that does not have a body, and the second adapter has a seat mounted on the body, so it can be used to transport bulk cargo, and not just to accommodate a person. Some manufacturers make trailer adapters that have hydraulics, with the help of which it is possible to lift the body to free it from bulk materials, for example, grain or sand.
It is recommended to choose adapters from leading manufacturers, including “Bulat”, “Kit”, “Motor Sich”, “Yarilo” and others. This will make it possible to purchase original and high-quality devices that will last a long time.
With this hinged installation, you can mow on lawns, fields or areas near the house.
Relate to auxiliary equipment and are designed to work with dense soils or virgin soil. Usually used when working in conjunction with a plow.
This is a two-hull device with which you can plow the land quickly and efficiently.
Universal device that is designed for weeding beds. The design has discs and cultivators, and is mounted on a conventional hitch to a walk-behind tractor.
It can be used for processing various types of soil.
Universal device with which you can clear the snow. Sizes of shovels are different. There are also mechanical devices that can collect snow with the help of blades and throw it to the side.
Instructions for use
The manufacturer gives the basic rules for using his equipment.
Among them are:
- Before starting the engine, make sure that the walk-behind tractor is in good condition and there is fuel in the tank;
- work is recommended in protective clothing;
- periodically it is necessary to carry out maintenance of the device and check the operation of the main components;
- when working with a mill, you should avoid getting branches, roots and other debris on it that could damage the equipment;
- periodically use grease for moving parts;
- if it is necessary to process large areas, then after 4-5 hours of operation, let the device cool down and rest.
Fuel and grease
Semi-synthetic oils of the TAD 17I or MC20 grade in a volume of 2 liters are poured into a box of a heavy Scout. SAE10W fluid is poured into the engine. It is necessary to change the oil in these units every 50-100 hours of operation.
Startups and running
It is necessary to start the walk-behind tractor after its complete assembly. The running-in duration is up to 25 hours, and after it can be used, the machine can be used at full power and with maximum load.
Basic faults and solutions
- The diesel unit will not start. It is necessary to preheat the fuel if it is winter, or clean the nozzles. It may also be necessary to adjust the fuel.
- Craving traction. Piston wear. Rings required.
- Extraneous noise in the motor. Piston wear or poor fuel. Change worn parts or replace fuel.
- Oil leakage. Damaged O-rings. It is necessary to change them.
The advantages of Scout walk-behind tractors include functionality, reliability and affordability. Due to such qualities, this device is quite common in domestic conditions. A wide range of different models of motoblocks allows them to be used to perform certain jobs, depending on their power. Using attachments, you can automate any process when processing plots or cleaning up territories.
The disadvantages of this technique are not so many. One of the main ones is the presence of a large number of fakes at present, which are produced by third-party manufacturers. Such a technique is inferior in characteristics to the original. The presence of fakes is due to the fact that Scout walk-behind tractors are in great demand among the population.
In order to avoid problems with the operation of the walk-behind tractor in the future, it is recommended to carefully study its characteristics before buying, inspect equipment, and require quality certificates from sellers. It is also important to regularly perform maintenance of the unit during its operation, to fill in high-quality fuel and lubricant. When performing such simple events, it will be possible to use the Scout walk-behind tractor for a long time.
Experts also give advice: if the equipment will be used constantly in harsh regions where severe frosts are observed, it is recommended to give preference to units with a gasoline engine, which will allow them to operate even at subzero temperatures and without any problems starting the engine without preliminary heating. Based on the above points, we can conclude that the Scout walk-behind tractor is the best technology for use in modern conditions and in large areas.
In the next video, you will find an overview of the Garden Scout 15 DE.