Drywall is a building material that can be called unique. With it, the surface can be made as even as possible. Plasterboard sheets are suitable for creating unusual architectural and design structures, which are of considerable complexity. Gyproc gypsum board is very popular among modern consumers, because it is characterized by numerous positive qualities.
Gyproc is one of the most well-known drywall manufacturers in the world. The company specializes in creating a wide range of products: from building materials to components for machines. Gyproc products are actively used throughout the Russian Federation. The glass that this manufacturer creates is used even on trains. In the production of gypsum gypsum gypsum board, the latest technologies are used, which are constantly being improved, which allows us to obtain material that meets the most stringent requirements.
The company offered customers a convenient Gyproc mobile application. With it, you can get recommendations for the use of a particular product, study the characteristics of the goods, find out what the difference is between them.
Drywall Gyproc appeared on sale in the nineties of the last century. This material was delivered to Russia from Finland for twenty years. In 2013, Saint-Gobain (a corporation that includes Gyproc) launched production in Russia.
Among other manufacturers, the company immediately stood out by creating plasterboard sheets 2500x1200x15mm. It can be said that this is super durable material.
Gyproc also offers plasterboard thickness:
- 6.5 mm - such GCR can be used to obtain curved shapes;
- 9.5 mm - these materials are purchased for ceilings;
- 12.5 mm - these drywall sheets are suitable for walls.
Drywall can be acoustic, soundproof. The manufacturer also offers liquid resistant materials. GKL Gyproc is absolutely safe products, they can be used even in kindergartens and medical institutions. Such drywall products are made from 1% binders, 6% cardboard and 93% gypsum. All materials are carefully checked both by the manufacturer and independent experts.
Gyproc offers plasterboard sheets in the following sizes:
- 120 cm - thickness;
- 300, 270, 260, 250 cm - length.
These characteristics are relevant for the following types of gypsum gypsum boards Gyproc: green (characterized by increased resistance to moisture), gray (standard). Typically, frames prefer to be mounted in increments of 60 cm, which, when plated, ensures the most accurate hit in the profile. The manufacturer also offers GKL, which are marked with a pitch of 40 cm. The edges are created in the form of rulers, which is very convenient for beginners.
There are several varieties of gypsum drywall Gyproc:
- Standard GCR. Such materials are suitable for dry rooms and for rooms with a normal level of humidity. They are used in the installation of suspended ceilings, wall decoration, installation of interior partitions.
- Moisture-resistant drywall. It can be used in rooms with high and normal humidity, in rooms that are dry. Moisture-resistant GKL are purchased for installing suspended ceilings, wall cladding, and installation of interior partitions.
- Reinforced drywall sheet. Such GCR are characterized by increased strength, resistance to significant loads. This material can be an alternative to aerated concrete. It is used for the installation of suspended ceilings, wall decoration, installation of interior partitions.
- Moisture resistant reinforced material.
- Fireproof drywall sheet.
- Windproof GKL. Such materials are used for cladding external walls.
- Design drywall. This unique material is well suited for volumetric elements, surfaces that are curved. It is very easy to bend, for this you do not have to use any special devices.
The nuances of using
Gyproc drywall can be used for a wide variety of purposes. This material is well suited to hide various communications, while providing access to them. GCR with a thickness of 5 mm or more is characterized by good thermal insulation characteristics. This is especially true when finishing surfaces that face the street. Drywall, which is fire resistant, can be used to create a niche for the fireplace. GKL, resistant to liquids, is used to finish surfaces in bathrooms and bathrooms.
Gyproc gypsum plasterboards are universal materials that are suitable for finishing work in the most problematic areas of the room. Such surfaces can be finished with ceramic tiles, they are applied paints, waterproof primers.
Gyproc GCR can be used in various problem areas.
- Using drywall 2500 × 1200 × 12, it is possible to insulate loggias and balconies. Of course, using just this material will not be enough. However, if you close the mineral wool niches that appeared after installing the frame, you can get the optimal microclimate in the room without worrying about additional heating.
- One of the most difficult areas in the apartment is the entrance hall. Plasterboard panels can be used to decorate the ceiling and walls in the corridor. If necessary, you can integrate lighting into them.
- Gyproc drywall can be used in kitchens. These drywall sheets are not deformed, so they are quite suitable for finishing surfaces that are next to hobs. Gyproc GCR is more flexible than many similar building materials from other manufacturers. With their help, you can easily create rounded elements.
Since Gyproc gypsum plasterboards are quite lightweight, they are very convenient and easy to mount, as many customers note in their reviews. To make the construction more durable, it is recommended to use special profiles, also created by this manufacturer. These profiles are made using Ultra Steel technology, using special steel. These elements are embossed, they are subjected to mechanical hardening, which makes them more durable.
You can draw corners and level surfaces using the following profiles:
- angular perforated elements protect corners from various mechanical damages;
- lighthouse profiles allow you to get the most even bases, are used when applying plaster.
To decorate surfaces, use the following profiles:
- arched (elements come in various shapes);
To create internal walls, interior partitions, such profiles are needed.
- rack elements that are created by cold rolling. The length of the rack profiles is from 300 to 400 cm, the shape is C-shaped, the thickness is up to 0.6 mm;
- guide profiles are auxiliary for rack-mount.
Installation works are carried out according to classical technology:
- first you will need to carefully prepare the base;
- mark the surface;
- set a profile;
- cut drywall sheets;
- to finish the frame.
With the installation it is quite possible to cope on their own, without turning to specialists for help. However, to get good results, you need to be patient and take into account all the important recommendations.
How to make a ceiling of drywall with your own hands, see below.