Table lamps in the bedroom is a very necessary and useful attribute, as well as an original element of lighting. Its usefulness is to decorate your room. It is very convenient not to constantly turn on the general light, but to use a small local source. Therefore, the lighting in your bedroom should be varied.
One of the advantages of such a lamp is the ability to illuminate a small area of the room with a soft and subdued cozy light. This is especially true for lighting your monitor or TV, as the bright light from the screen in complete darkness is not recommended.
It is quite difficult to find a bedroom without an additional source of lighting in the form of a lamp, which also serves as a zoning space. Thanks to the night lamp, you can very conveniently read your favorite book or magazine directly in bed.
Another advantage of this interior element is mobility. If you wish, you can transfer the lamp to that part of the room or apartment where it is needed.
Also, table lamps perform decorative functions. Therefore, another of their advantages is the bright decoration of the room. Such lamps create a cozy and peaceful atmosphere in the apartment. The functional positive aspect of this lighting device should be called the comfortable ability to turn on and off the light.
Also, the lamp can combine other useful functions, for example, used as a clock.
Night lights consume much less electricity than the general lighting in a room.
It should also be noted that such table lamps are very mobile and can be powered by a USB network. All of the above allows us to make an undoubted conclusion that at present table lamps for your bedroom are a very useful and convenient element of lighting.
It should be said that all the lamps for the bedroom can, relatively speaking, be divided into bedside, bedside or wall and table, as well as office and decorative. Accordingly, bedside lamps are placed within the reach of a person next to a berth, for example, on a bedside table. They are required such a level of light so that you can comfortably read.
But table lamps should be more powerful and brighter. There are also lamps with flexible legs.
Another criterion by which the lamps are distributed is the degree and nature of their usefulness.
Therefore, also lamps are divided into functional and decorative.
- Functional lighting devices are designed to most brightly and efficiently illuminate your work area.
- Decorative lamps based on their name, for the most part serve as an additional element of decor and, for example, have an unusual lampshade or other flexible design solutions. And correctly chosen decorative lighting will help you hide flaws in your interior.
In general, it should be noted that the differences between various lamps are insignificant and its choice depends only on the taste and preferences of the future owner.
Among the lamps for the bedroom, floor lamps, sconces and spotlights (spots) are distinguished. It should also be said that at present, LED lamps with a dimmer are often used, in which it is possible to control the lighting intensity. And, for example, LED night-light models currently use touch screens to control.
Such lamps are more economical and consume less electricity several times.
Table lamps are still subdivided according to the type of fastening into the following: on a clamp, on a clothespin and table.
By the type of switch, they are: with a light control, with touch control and with a conventional switch (push-button or on a cord).
Shapes and sizes
The usual and most common form of night lights is a conical or cylindrical shape. Thanks to her, the light scatters up and down and does not blind you. Also, lamps can carry an aesthetic load and be a decoration of your interior. In this case, such a lamp has an original and unusual lampshade and manual assembly.
If you don’t have a pedestal next to a berth, then in this case a wall-mounted bedside model will be a good choice, which will take up less space and look very beautiful.
It should be emphasized that the choice of shape and size of the lighting fixture should be consistent with the spirit and design of your apartment.
For example, for a classic apartment interior, lamps on long legs will be a good choice. In doing so, they will illuminate a larger section of the room.
Types of switches
Currently, there are several types of switches used in fixtures. These are lamps with switches on the cord, with touch control, with a dimmer and with a conventional push button switch. Lamps with touch controls and a dimmer have a higher cost compared to other lamps.
Materials and colors
It should be noted that one of the most common color solutions for fixtures is white. The lampshade in this case is made of glass, plastic, fabric or metal. It can also be made of wicker vines.
For example, plastic models are currently very popular due to their lightness and practicality. However, for the manufacture of such lamps, you should choose a quality material so that it does not emit harmful substances when heated.
The performance of your lamp depends on the choice of material.
Also, chrome parts, for example, in legs and crystal, can be used in models. And the color of the lamp should be combined with the color of the textiles in the room. Stands for fixtures can be forged or wooden. And as the material of the lamps themselves, you can use precious woods or bronze, often with carvings or gilding.
For interior design in country style, rich and pastel colors are suitable. And for the ethno style, materials such as jute, reed or burlap, in general, natural materials, are well suited. If your lamp has a fabric base, then it is better not to use incandescent lamps in it, but to use halogen or diode ones.
- One of the style options for the bedroom is a rustic style , that is, a country style or Provence. It is typical for him to use fabric lampshades.
- But in an eco-style , filament or wicker lamps are used from natural materials, for example, from a vine or wood.
- It should be said that ordinary lamps with a cylindrical or round lampshade are well suited for the classical style . They can also use modern materials. For this style, crystal, metal and ceramics are often used, as well as other expensive and beautiful materials.
- Also, a minimalist style is widely used in interior decoration. High technology and minimalism are quite successfully combined these days. Thus, a high-tech style is born, the hallmarks of which for fixtures is the use of plastic and chrome parts.
- It can also be noted that bedroom lamps can be made in the following styles: art deco, loft, floristry or ethnic style .
It should be noted that the lighting in your room should be distributed evenly over the entire area, but in some parts it often requires more light. To do this, install the lamp:
- For the most part, lamps are usually placed on a bedside table near a berth or on the arm of a sofa. This is convenient because you, without turning on the general light and not getting out of bed, can quickly and easily reach with your hand to the lamp and turn it on immediately. This applies to bedside lamps.
- Lamps for lighting your workplace are located on a table or wall next to it. On the dressing table, it is best to place a pair of lamps on both sides of the mirror. Such placement will also allow you to visually enlarge your room.
- It should also be noted that for a large double bed, twin identical lamps are well suited, which will be placed on both sides: male and female.
- The lamp should be located in such a place that at night it does not accidentally overturn or break. A heavy lamp base will help maintain its stability. One of the options for placing your lamp can be the wall next to the bed.
How to choose?
It should be said that one of the main factors when choosing a lamp in the bedroom is the exterior of the product. The choice of a particular lamp model depends only on the taste of the person and the overall interior design of the apartment or house. However, it is undoubted that such a lamp should fit very organically into the overall layout.
Another equally important aspect is the functionality of the lamp. Agree that the lamp for good lighting of the table and the lamp for decorating the interior will look and shine differently. If you need a lamp for work, then you should choose a model with a powerful luminous flux, with the possibility of its regulation on a clamp.
In any case, you need to know what level of brightness suits you and what type of light flux you need: LED, fluorescent or from an incandescent lamp.
Adjusting the lamp height is also an important and useful factor. For one room, it is better to purchase a variety of lamps and lampshades from the general series, in the same style.
In general, when choosing a luminaire, you should understand what characteristics it should meet and for what purpose to serve, as well as build on your stylistic preferences and the location of the future location of the product.
Original ideas in the interior
It should be noted that the lamps in the bedroom often also carry a decorative function, which is why the market also offers us original lamp ideas made according to individual preferences. These are beautifully executed carvings, and unusual shapes of lampshades and legs, and much more.
Here is a striking example of such an exclusive lamp for your room. Instead of the usual legs, cunningly adapted beautiful stones are used. Therefore, the placer of such stones next to the lamp looks very organic.
Such unusual handmade lamps give the interior additional beauty and sophistication. For example, in a children's bedroom, it is quite possible to use a lamp combined with a soft toy.
In conclusion, I would like to conclude that the use of a lamp for a bedroom is very necessary and useful for various reasons, both functional and decorative.
Examples of interesting and unusual table and floor lamps can be seen in the video below.