In modern society, much attention is paid to comfort and convenience. Tired of the fast pace of life in a day, I want to relax to the maximum. This is only possible if the mattress of the bed or sofa is comfortable and "right." And if spring structures today are a rather controversial topic, springless orthopedic mattresses are unconditionally recognized as useful preventive blocks.
Features and Benefits
Springless mattresses are unique. Today they are developed using new technologies that help ensure proper and even support of the body during rest or sleep.
Springless mattresses are not healing, no matter how the sellers prove the opposite.
Such mats are the prevention of certain diseases: coupled with a set of special physical exercises, they can help the user by relieving muscle tension, relaxing the body and not allowing him to take unnatural poses in any position (on the back, stomach, side).
They relieve pain in the lower parts of the spine, are indicated for impaired posture, relieve numbness of the limbs.
Such mattresses have a number of features. They:
- silent, because they do not have steel spring elements, do not emit an annoying sound when the body presses on the mat;
- have a different block structure, which allows you to choose a model based on medical indicators or a universal plan option for a healthy person;
- made using high-quality elastic additives, therefore not subject to deformation;
- differ in different block heights, due to which they are acquired for different purposes (topper, mat for yoga or meditation);
- take into account different maximum permissible level of load on the block, which cannot be exceeded;
- have two degrees of rigidity of the block with orthopedic effect, while not depriving the surface of the berth of convenience and comfort;
- need careful operation, otherwise they can shorten the service life or simply break down.
Springless orthopedic mattresses have many advantages. They:
- made of high quality natural and synthetic raw materials with excellent characteristics of strength, elasticity and elasticity;
- hypoallergenic due to the composition of the filler, therefore, suitable even for allergy sufferers;
- possess not only orthopedic, but also an additional effect that can be chosen according to the client’s request;
- developed for different age groups: for children (from infancy to adolescence) and adults;
- distinguished by a rich size range, designed for one, two places with spaciousness;
- suitable for different types of furniture (with and without side stops);
- differ in breathable structure, due to which they exclude the formation of a medium for fungus, mold;
- do not have large internal cavities, like spring analogues, therefore they do not accumulate dust in such a volume;
- can have a removable cover, which simplifies the care of the mattress itself and helps to extend the life of the mat;
- Depending on the structure of the block and the cost of components, they differ in price.
- Springless orthopedic mattress is not suitable for people with excessive weight. Besides the fact that the body will dig into the mattress under the weight, the mat will quickly fail or break. In addition to the fragility of some blocks under weight, such products do not always withstand children's activity.
- Orthopedic units have optional restrictions. People who have problems with the lower parts of the spine, osteochondrosis and arthritis, they are not suitable, as they can aggravate the problem by adding pain.
Springless orthopedic mattresses are distinguished by a monolithic and composite structure.
The first models look like a solid layer of material without any additives that vary the surface hardness. The second leaves a thick base, but is complemented along the upper and lower edges with a softer and more elastic packing (from one to several layers). Moreover, the additional material may be different in composition and includes insulation layers.
The degree of rigidity of orthopedic mattresses is often moderately stiff, although often the buyer chooses the solid type of block. In reality, such a mattress is not "wooden," as many mistakenly believe.
It is better than others to help the user relieve fatigue, pain and relieve muscle tension associated with prolonged sitting without changing position or heavy physical exertion.
Modern springless mattresses are unique in a variety of additional features. The design of some of the varieties is calculated automatically, determining a different degree of load on each section of the mattress (7 zones).
Conventionally, all models can be divided into several categories:
- universal - classic orthopedic (monolithic), not having an additional effect, designed for the main circle of customers;
- bilateral with different rigidity of the sides - models that allow you to vary the surface density in accordance with the desire of the user and medical indicators;
- bilateral with heat transfer (comfortable options for those who freeze in the cold season and suffer from heat in summer);
- bilateral with asymmetry (models for two with the correct support of the body of each half of the block).
The padding of springless mattresses is unique. In their production, companies use the best types of filler:
- natural latex - dense elastic porous packing with holes of different depths and diameters on each zone of the block;
- artificial latex - furniture PPU type HR with latex impregnation;
- coconut coir - a product from coconut tow soaked in latex to maintain shape;
- felt - compressed fiber for thermoregulation;
- sheep or camel hair - insulation, additional layer;
- struttofiber - an elastic, bulk fibrous component made of polyester fibers;
- memory foam - a unique filler based on foam with anatomical properties;
- hollofiber - fiber for varying the degree of surface rigidity;
- spandbond - facing non-woven filler from 100% polypropylene;
- Viscolatex - a porous latex packing with an advanced formula that relieves back pressure on the most sensitive points of the body;
- abacu is a product from palm leaves, rather tough, but elastic and durable material.
Which are better?
Today, manufacturers claim the same orthopedic effect of both types of mattresses. However, in fact, the orthopedic effect of products on springs is somewhat different from springless models. In addition, analogues without springs are much harder than spring blocks.
The main thing to know: the matter is in the springs. They are:
- dependent - connecting with each other;
- independent - connected by means of covers in which they are packed.
The former (Bonnel) do not have an orthopedic effect, since when pressure is applied to the mattress, not only working springs are involved (wave effect, dip in a hole). The latter work separately, so the spine is always in the correct position.
Another nuance: in order for the spring block to be orthopedic, the springs must be very small (2.5 cm in diameter): the more they are per 1 sq. m the better.
However, they are not independent: without an additional layer of orthopedic material (usually latex and coir), a springless type is indispensable. The metal block mesh itself cannot be orthopedic: it needs additional packing with a solid structure.
Orthopedic mattresses without springs are full, resilient, safe: they cannot be injured even with heavy use. Their orthopedic effect and proper back support are more pronounced and durable.
The dimensions of springless orthopedic mattresses are different and are subject to certain parameters of the bed, sofa (sometimes a folding chair) for which they are purchased. Conventionally, they are divided into single (including children), one and a half beds and doubles.
The most popular sizes of mats are designs with parameters 90x190, 140x200, 160x200, 180x200, 200x200, 210x200 cm, as well as mattresses 180 and 200 cm wide of non-standard lengths.
For convenience of choice, the manufacturer indicates the length, width and height of the block, which, due to the structure of the springless block, can be thin (8 - 10 cm coconut) or standard (15 - 18 cm latex combined).
One of the most successful companies producing springless mattresses with orthopedic effect, marked by positive customer reviews, can be called:
- Askona - high quality latex and coir mattresses with a permissible load of 110 kg per place and with different effects;
- Ormatek - tested mats for different age groups of monolithic and combined types of coir, latex, memorix, anatomical foam;
- Dreamline - medium-hard models made of perforated natural latex with a load of up to 110 kg;
- Promtex Orient - a series of monolithic and combined mattresses for children and adults with stuffing up to 6 layers (made of coir, PUF latex, stratoplast);
- Dormeo - a series of breathable mats for different users, with the addition of silver threads and bamboo fibers;
- Consul - orthopedic models made of latex, coconut fiber and batting with a maximum load of up to 120 kg, a cover made of calico with thermal bond and synthetic winterizer.
Springless orthopedic mattresses are recognized as an excellent purchase for health. Most buyers are confident in this, having tested the effect of mattresses for more than six months. They note that sleeping on such mats is convenient and comfortable, the body rests during the night and completely relaxes.
As for children's blocks, caring parents identify coconut and latex models of Italian and domestic brands, recommending them for purchase.
Parents consider these products to be the most reliable and proven blocks that help the child's spine to form bends correctly, and reduce the stress of the day associated with carrying a heavy briefcase and sitting in an uncomfortable chair at the school desk for a long time.
The following video is about how to correctly choose a mattress without harming your health.