Without a doubt, it is nice when domestic products are not inferior to imported counterparts, but are much cheaper. Since 1964, the Shakhty factory began in the city of Shakhty, Rostov Region. Since 1978, the factory began production of ceramic tiles. The company is part of the famous UniTile holding, which supplies tiles and porcelain tiles throughout the country. Today, Shakhtinsky Tile is recognized as the most popular brand in Russia and the CIS countries.
The company does not buy, but extracts raw materials at the quarry of the Vladimirovsky deposit in the Rostov region. Clay from those places is generous in the content of minerals and alumina, which creates additional strength to the product. Since the start of production, manufacturing technology has constantly changed. To date, the plant has the most modern equipment. The quality control system reduces the percentage of rejects to a minimum mark.
Shakhty Tile offers a variety of color and design solutions , and you also have the opportunity to choose the size and thickness of floor and wall coverings. Many buyers find the price low for products of such good quality. The manufacturer explains this by the desire to establish long-term partnerships, and not to chase momentary profits. The brand has passed the test of time. Many years of experience and a course aimed at further growth of the company, significantly wins against the background of young unknown companies.
And in the next video you can see how the “Shakhty Tile” is made.
If the products have established themselves as the best in Russia, then there are a number of advantages among similar Russian products.
What does the manufacturer guarantee us:
- the pattern does not fade over time;
- moisture resistance;
- resistance to deformation;
- the tile is resistant to chemicals;
- large selection of color compositions;
- many decorative details;
- involved high-tech material;
- competitive price;
- the factory produces both wall and floor tiles;
- any glue may be used;
- the material does not absorb moisture;
- the plate is not subject to temperature changes.
The Shakhty factory offers various types of products: wall, floor, decorative, and facing. Tiles differ in many ways. Depending on the destination, there is a difference in thickness. Tiled floor tiles are usually thicker and stronger than ceramic wall tiles.
Sizes of tiles can be divided into 3 groups:
- small - these are squares of mosaics with a size of not more than 5x5 cm;
- classic - the size of the side of the product is from 10 to 50 cm;
- large - the size of the side of the tile is from 50 to 120 cm.
The surface can be glossy, matte and embossed.
Glossy tiles are ideal for small rooms. Due to the reflective surface, a visual increase in space occurs. Matte looks very modern and comfortable.
There are several types of material that differ in the degree of abrasion:
- 0 - ceramics with this designation, usually glossy and matte, suitable for facing work on walls;
- 1 - such a label is suitable for tiles in a room with a small cross. For example, in a bathroom;
- 2 - indoor tile. Not used in the kitchen, balcony, stairs;
- 3 - products with this mark are used in rooms, offices, hotels, except for places with active traffic. Permissible laying on a wooden floor and gypsum fiber sheet (GVL);
- 4 - it can be used in rooms with medium and high traffic, offices, restaurants, hotels. Also stacked on a wooden floor and GVL;
- 5 - used in rooms with a large crowd of people: bars, shops, shopping centers, train stations.
The Shakhtinsky Tile range offers over 25 options to choose from. For the convenience of the consumer, the catalog of products is divided into collections for the bathroom and kitchen. Also in the catalog you can find a mosaic, which is used not only for cladding, but also in decorative inserts.
On the official website of the company it is convenient to choose a tile, starting from the main desired color. You will be offered collections where this color prevails.
“Shakhty Tile” is represented by collections that differ in style, color, size and texture. The collection allows you to design a bathroom or any other room in a specific style. In order not to be mistaken in your choice, there is the opportunity to look through catalogs or see options for finished work on the site. The official website offers to use the 3D modeling program, where you can try on the desired collection for a specific room.
A collection is a background and decorative elements, united by one design.
From the whole variety of styles, one can distinguish classics, ethno and Mediterranean style:
- The classic variation combines light and dark tiles. At the border of flowers, a decorative element is often present. The classics in the Shakhty Tile catalog are presented in series:
- “Iris” is a gentle combination of lilac and white with the addition of decorative inserts depicting iris flowers.
- “Sevan” - conveys the beauty of the lake of the same name, or rather, imitates the Armenian pink tufa.
- Ethnic style is especially popular today. Elements of African culture or ornaments of eastern countries will become a stylish decoration of the room. This style can be seen in the Selling series - lions and cave paintings will create a certain mood in the room.
- The Mediterranean style combines natural colors, it is something fresh and comfortable. Often such tiles are accompanied by panels and mosaics. The Andalusia series represents the Spanish majolica.
Geometric shapes as a pattern look very interesting and modern. Designers advise using this style sparingly, since the abundance of the same geometric details can quickly tire. High-tech, retro, oriental styles are very popular.
Choosing a tile, designers advise not to chase fashionable color schemes. Any color has an effect on a person, so it is important that you are as comfortable as possible in the room. It is not necessary to tie the style of the bathroom to the overall style of the entire apartment. Still, this is a separate room for relaxation.
Shakhtinskaya Tile works with designers at Tosilab. Designers for the collection of tiles borrowed many ideas from nature and the world. For instance:
- "Amalia" - the tile imitates silk textiles with floral patterns.
- Adriano - the tile is similar to the texture of the stone.
- Amalfi is an imitation of the sunny sandy coast.
Most often, the bathroom and toilet are small rooms. The use of large tiles will visually reduce the room. A good solution in this case is the use of glossy tiles in bright colors. A tile with a large pattern is also not suitable for a small room.
For the floor, it is better to choose a thick ceramic rough tile, it will prevent slipping. Bright shades can be used in the form of accents, so as not to overload the interior.
If you decide to use several colors in the design, it will be correct to use the similar colors of the same series: yellow and orange, green and turquoise. This will expand the room a little, make it more interesting. A series of "Moire" just combines two related colors and looks luxurious.
Let's look at what tile variations are trending right now.
Many of these species are already in the Shakhty Tile catalog, some will appear in future collections:
- This year's wood ornament is popular. Sometimes it’s very difficult to understand that the tile in front of you is so similar in texture. The tree is relevant both on the floor and on the walls. It looks equally good both in continuous execution and in fragments. The combination of two shades of wood will make the bathroom incredibly stylish.
- Marble does not go out of fashion. Now there is an opportunity to lay out a ceramic marble wall. Plus, not only in cost, but also in a variety of colors. Designers recommend not using decorative inserts in solid marble.
- The rough surface under the stone looks great in contrast to the snow-white plumbing. Tiles are almost always matte and embossed. So, it does not slip and will look great not only on the walls, but also on the floor.
- A tile that imitates the skin of wild animals looks very rich. There is much more practicality from such tiles than from natural upholstery, but it costs several times less. Plus, it does not require much care.
- Flowers in tile design remain very much in demand. It can be both small floral ornaments, and panels with large flowers.
Do not get carried away with a floral theme around the entire perimeter of the room. One wall decorated in a conspicuous place looks much more interesting.
- Not the first year, tiles with a 3D effect have attracted the attention of buyers. This effect looks more than modern. True, such a tile requires more careful care because of the relief complex pattern.
- Metal-coated tiles look more than unusual. Metal tide gives volume and is able to slightly expand the narrow space.
Caring for ceramic tiles is quite simple. Cleaning with a damp microfiber cloth is often enough. If there is any visible dirt, use a special tile cleaner.
For lack of such, any detergent without abrasive particles is suitable to avoid minor scratches. For the same reason, refrain from using a metal cleaning brush. Means containing acid can worsen the condition of tile joints.
Popular tips for surface care will not be superfluous:
- To return the shine to the tile, a rag dipped in denatured alcohol will help. Make sure that the room is well ventilated after the procedure;
- if you dissolve soda or chalk in water, wipe the tile with this composition, and then, after drying, wipe it all with a dry rag, then this will also restore shine;
- fat from the tile will remove the solution with vinegar: a couple of tablespoons of vinegar per liter of water;
- complex spots and nascent mold will help remove soda with vinegar;
- Combine disinfection with cleaning will help bleach. Mix it with water, spray with a spray bottle for several minutes, then rinse with water;
- remove hydrogen from the tile will help hydrogen peroxide or bleach.
To clean the floor tiles, it is recommended that you first vacuum the floor to get rid of large particles of debris. For wet cleaning, add a quarter cup of vinegar to a bucket of hot water. This will help to quickly remove pollution.
It is recommended to clean the floor with a rough brush dipped in vinegar water. After that, you can wash the floor with water and a rag with ordinary floor detergent. Ideally, this should be a special detergent for ceramics. Finally, rinse off the remaining detergent with a mop and plain warm water.
Having studied the reviews of consumers and tilers, we can safely say that there are much more pluses than minuses. No explicit claims were found for the quality. However, many are advised to check products in the store. This will eliminate the unpleasant surprise associated with the difference in shades. This sometimes happens if you got different lots of goods.
Many in the reviews note a stylish design, a rich assortment of products and an affordable price. Shakhtinsky Tile is on a par with European quality products.