Cushions for sitting - a necessary thing. Most people, one way or another, work daily in a sitting position for a fairly long period of time. In order for health to not deteriorate and come up with pillows on the chair, which are designed to solve this problem.
Below is a list of professions and categories of people who just need pillows on a chair. These include:
- office workers;
- operated patients;
- sedentary persons with disabilities.
In addition to this category of users, it is recommended to use pillows for children, students, pregnant and lactating women. It turns out that almost all people need a pillow.
What properties should this product have? The following points must belong to the mandatory qualities of this product:
- Attribute should be made only from quality materials.
- The pillow should have an anti-slip casing.
- The surface of such a household item should exclude the process of human sweating, and for this it is necessary that this material has good breathability and circulation of air flow.
- The operation process should not be difficult. The presence of removable covers should be mandatory, and cleaning should not be too troublesome.
- Mobility. The pillow should be transported and transported to any place without any problems.
- Products must have a quality certificate.
Pillows on a chair can be divided into several important areas: by design, purpose and functionality. By design, such products are:
- under the buttocks;
- on the back of a chair.
- Decorative. With the help of textile components, you can transform any interior of a room beyond recognition. After all, the price of such an innovation is negligible compared to the purchase of new furniture. The location of such attributes also plays a role in the interior of the rooms. For example, a pillow can be used in the kitchen. In addition to useful purposes, the product will play a role and decorative decoration. It is enough to equip the kitchen chairs with beautiful soft elements, marking them with various ribbons, zippers or ties. As a result, the kitchen will be transformed with bright colors, and you will receive a charge of positive energy and good mood.
Such products are often made in the form of a thin litter for a bench, plastic or wooden chairs or on the back of a chair. Under the textile in these pads there is usually safe foam rubber.
- Orthopedic. Sedentary work is the path to the emergence of various diseases, including ailments associated with the musculoskeletal system. The first bell is the appearance of pain in the neck or back, as well as hardening of the muscles. If this circumstance constantly haunts you and does not allow you to work productively, you must regularly, every half hour, do a warm-up and run to the store for an orthopedic pillow.
- Anatomical seats are required not only for comfort, but also for the prevention of various kinds of diseases for both adults and children. Orthopedists strongly recommend the use of anatomical seats for babies when practicing on a computer or performing various kinds of homework. It is enough to fix such a pillow on a highchair or school chair, and your child will be constantly under reliable protection from any kind of sores.
These products can be divided into the following varieties:
- Sensorimotor . Allow the spine to be in the correct position. Thus, the spinal muscles will constantly train.
- Wedge-shaped. Push a person to take the correct body position. In this case, there is no curvature of the vertebrae, and the muscles relax. The use of this category of the product helps to prevent prostate diseases, blood stasis and deviations from the normal functioning of the urinary tract. In addition to this, the models are quite comfortable - some pillow modifications can be adjusted for rigidity.
- Supporting. The main property of this type of pillow is the correction of the lower back. They are made in three varieties:
- For seating only.
- For the back of the chair.
All of these varieties are able to make adjustments to reduce pain associated with problems in the lower back.
- Automotive . A distinctive feature of this model of orthopedic pillow is the presence of mounts. The thickness of the back can be adjusted. Thanks to this, it fills all the free space between the user and the seat, which is quite convenient for long-term driving.
For orthopedic pillows, the intended use can be characterized by the prevention and treatment of the following diseases:
- curvature of the spine;
- tailbone injury;
- diseases in the hip area;
- joint diseases;
- circulatory disorders.
This product is undoubtedly beneficial. For each category of citizens it is different. Consider this with the example of pregnant women and children:
- For pregnant women . The construct of anatomical pillows has a beneficial effect on the coccyx. Due to its design, the pillow allows you to reduce the load on the muscles of the spine and neck and sit comfortably anywhere. It also improves well-being, and pain becomes less.
- For a child. In this case, the best option is the choice of more voluminous models than for adults. This point is due to the convenience of the sitting position of the baby at the table. When using such a product, the child undergoes a favorable formation of the vertebral section and prevention of diseases associated with the musculoskeletal system.
It is worth noting that wedge-shaped orthopedic seat cushions, in addition to the properties listed above, reduce pain in hemorrhoids, and are also the best option for the back - they strengthen some types of muscles.
In addition, this pillow model is simply recommended for people to maintain posture. Available in children's versions.
Almost any decoration is suitable for decorative models: bows, embroidery, applique and others. But do not forget the simple rule: it is necessary to exclude small elements from the everyday life of the child’s room: beads, rhinestones, buttons, because small children can inadvertently tear off the decor element and harm their health.
Any household item should be combined with the design of the room. For example, if the room is decorated in the Provence style, then the pillows that adorn the chairs should have light shades. Cotton fabrics can be used for this. Also lace or ruffles complemented by simple embroidery are welcome. It will look beautiful and impressive.
We note one more popular direction, which is used by skilled housewives to equip their home. This is a patchwork style. The patchwork style is characterized by sewing elements. Pillows in this case are usually decorated with colorful patches. It looks stylish and original.
The shapes of the pillows are varied. For example, the following modifications are considered the most popular options:
Round or ring-shaped
The most requested category by customers. It involves the use of the model by people weighing up to 120 kilograms. In the pillow of this type in the middle there is a hole that makes it easier for the musculoskeletal joints.
The positive aspects of this product include the following aspects:
- The product is recommended for use during the prevention of hemorrhoids.
- Treatment of prostatitis.
- Introduction to the norm of reproductive function.
- Restoration of the genitourinary system.
- Adaptation in the postpartum period.
- The correct position of the lower back. Achieved thanks to the anatomical design features.
- During operation, the crotch is on a hard surface, which is very important.
- Hip muscle tension decreases.
- Universality. This product is ideal for both armchairs and chairs.
- With daily use, retains its shape for 3 years.
Square or rectangular
This type of pillows is simply indispensable for drivers, since the design of the product does not allow it to move, and the human body will be in the correct position.
Properties of such products:
- Alternative to choice. Manufacturers produce a huge variety of options for this product, so it is possible to choose the product according to the size of the chair or seat:
- Easy to operate.
- The presence of an additional attribute is a cover.
- Anatomical feature. This product exactly follows the contours of the body, so that the load distribution occurs evenly. This increases efficiency and reduces fatigue.
- The neck, vertebrae and intervertebral discs will not experience discomfort.
- Such a pillow is recommended in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
With this kind of soft paraphernalia, you can safely go to nature or to the country. It does not take up much space during transportation, and it is a pleasure to use it.
Pros when using this product modification:
- A variety of models.
- Easy to operate.
- Such a pillow is suitable for sleeping. In this modification there is a hole for the neck, which helps to comfortably sit even on the road.
- Transformable Model. The design of this product will allow its use for the neck, back, pelvis and even the back of the head.
Under the back
Interestingly, this pillow is recommended for use with orthopedic products for seating. Thus, in combination, this approach will help to facilitate a long stay in a sitting position.
Of the positive aspects, it is worth noting the following points:
- Spinal pain decreases.
- The presence of an internal roller, which is installed on the back of the seat. Due to this, the load distribution of the body occurs evenly.
- Anatomical shape.
- Normalization of the functional genitals.
- It is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic purpose for the musculoskeletal system.
The filler of this product allows you to remember the contours of the human body.
Distinctive features of this model are:
- Ability to correct posture.
- Possibility of use during prolonged sitting. This reduces pain.
- Prevention and therapy for osteochondrosis.
- The body load is evenly distributed.
- Stress is removed from the lumbar and pelvis.
- Improving blood flow and, as a result, improving well-being.
- The product is recommended for use in the postoperative period, as well as after childbirth.
- The possibility of preventing limb numbness during prolonged sitting.
- High. Used as a decor. She can decorate furniture in the country or on your own balcony.
- Often, manufacturers use the names of fruits or vegetables to remember their products. For example, you can order on the Internet pillows in the form of lime or tomato with the appropriate color.
Bright decorative pillows perfectly affect not only the mood, but also on the whole atmosphere as a whole. Using such bright colors as green, turquoise or red in a neutral design, you can focus any person's attention on this element of decor. White, brown and pastel shades are neutral in nature and easily harmonize with a room decorated in bright colors.
To change the mood and dynamics of the interior of the room, it is enough to change the covers on decorative pillows, and you will get a new unforgettable experience of the comfort and relaxation zone.
The choice of fabric should be based on the goal. Strength and practicality are the most important criteria. Decorative pillows are mainly made from textile materials, often using velveteen, wool, tapestry, a combination of silk and velvet. The filler in them is mainly foam rubber. However, for longer operation, synthetic or natural materials are used: latex, buckwheat husk, coconut flakes and others.
So that the product does not lose its original appearance, we recommend purchasing special covers for it. They should be easy to wash and clean. In some product versions, the kit already includes covers for one or two pillows.
Let us consider in more detail some varieties of filler:
- Foam rubber. The most common filler option. Of the positive aspects, the following qualities should be noted:
- Durability. The term of operation is 5 years.
- Affordable price.
- When used with some additives, you can get a pillow with a memory effect.
- Latex. This material is made of synthetic rubber and has a rubber structure consisting of pores. Material quality:
- Does not accumulate dust.
- It retains heat in the winter, and in the summer has good breathability.
- Simple operation without additional care.
- Durability (service life over 10 years).
- Polystyrene. Its properties can be described in several ways:
- Resistance to external influences.
- Light weight.
- The uniform distribution of material in the pillow allows a person to appreciate all the delights of using a product with such a filler.
- Buckwheat husk. It has the following properties:
- Environmentally friendly material.
- The correct distribution of human body weight.
- The term of operation is 3 years.
- Gel. One of the few types of filler that has been used relatively recently. Its distinctive feature is the provision of micromassage, however, not everyone can get used to such a pillow.
- Air. The simplest type of filler. The thickness of the cushion can be adjusted using a pump. The service life depends on the quality of the product material itself.
Orthopedic pillows have a huge plus - the absence of contraindications. But the options are just the sea, and absolutely everyone wants to choose the best option. Below we have given a number of rules, following which you will make the right choice and be satisfied with your purchase.
So, here are some points:
- Decide on the purpose of purchase. Depending on this, it is worth purchasing one or another pillow model.
- Security. It is important for the child to use environmentally friendly materials. Avoid allergenic and harmful substances in the product.
- Comfort. Please note that this rule focuses on convenience. Therefore, before buying this or that product, test it on rigidity. Make sure that you are comfortable sitting on it and everything suits you.
- Locking devices. If you need a pillow for a car, then look for a model with belts or with a special coating that does not slip.
- Pillow filler material. Usually this material is ordinary foam rubber.
The properties of foam rubber are known to everyone:
- It does not breed bacteria.
- Environmental Safety.
Its direct purpose is the distribution of a uniform load over the entire surface except for the crotch zone. If another material is used as a filler, then pay attention to its qualities such as wear resistance and shape stability - when pressed, it should take on the previous shape. In addition to everything, over time, the material should not be strewed.
Among other features of foam rubber, we note:
- Durability. Such a product should be used constantly, therefore, the material from which the outer part of the pillow is made should be quite durable and withstand heavy loads.
- Moisture resistance. If water suddenly enters the structure, the filler may simply collapse and lose its properties.
- Aesthetics of the product. The product should be soft and beautiful. For decorative pillows, it is important that the fabric from which it is made is thin, and it is comfortable to sit on it.
- The size. Universal pillow is suitable for all family members.
For an overview of the orthopedic seat cushion, see the next video.