Every year, the use of modern household appliances becomes more convenient. The latest technology is the inverter motor in the washing machine. This device has many advantages and features compared to its predecessor. Many owners of washing machines have already managed to evaluate the quality of inverter motors.
What is an inverter motor?
In order for the washing machine to function normally, it must be equipped with a motor, which can change the direction and speed of the shaft rotational movements, which depends on the operation being performed. Not every unit can perform the above task. If the unit has an inverter motor, this means that it is manufactured using the latest technology.
These types of motors are considered a new development by specialists in the manufacture of household appliances. Previously, they were used in microwave ovens, as well as in climate equipment. The main feature of the mechanism is considered to be its ability to equalize the current, namely the variable charge to DC conversion.
This characteristic of the inverter motor contributes to the fact that the user with maximum accuracy can adjust not only the speed, but also the frequency of rotational movements of the drum.
Principle of operation
The inverter type of motor in the washing machine is based on the use of electromagnetic induction. However, the difference is that instead of a graphite brush, the inverter controls the winding current. The rotor that rotates is not characterized by excessive inertia, it is able to simply gain the required number of revolutions. Since there are no rubbing parts in this type of motor, unwanted heating and waste of energy are significantly reduced.
Inverter motors do not operate at high speeds. These mechanisms in washing machines are presented in the form of a disk with a shaft, which is located on the central axis.
Advantages and disadvantages
In order to understand whether a consumer needs a washing machine with an inverter engine, it is worth evaluating all its advantages.
- Lack of carbon brushes in the design that conduct current, as well as a drive belt made of rubber. Thanks to this feature, some breakdowns are excluded. Therefore, we can conclude that the motor on the inverter is a guarantee of reliable and durable operation.
- Stable gland operation ensures that the unit does not make noise during operation. During washing and rinsing, machine users do not hear extraneous sounds.
- Silent rotor rotation. In addition to this feature, the rotor operates at high speed and at the same time is quite clear. The drum does not tend to drop speed, so the spin is carried out with high quality. Thanks to the inverter motor, owners of washing machines receive almost dry linen after washing.
- The absence of a large number of additional parts , which eliminates the need for additional maintenance. Therefore, when buying a unit on an inverter-type motor, the owner can significantly save the family budget.
- Economical consumption of electricity and water.
- The accuracy of setting washing modes.
Inverter motors have a few drawbacks, but they still exist:
- high spin speed can cause damage to things;
- high cost of technology.
Comparison with other types of motors
Today, manufacturers of household appliances produce washing machines with 3 types of motors.
- Collector. The device has a copper drum that is divided into sections, as well as brushes that rub against the surface. The latter are designed to redirect current to moving parts. Engines of this type are able to quickly gain momentum, and are also easy to adjust. The disadvantages of motors include noise and the need to constantly change worn particles.
- Asynchronous . Motors are characterized by the presence of primary and secondary windings. Direct drive is better than the previous one, as it produces less noise. However, he requires the use of a complex circuit and additional devices.
- Invertor. They are considered more advanced and easier to use. This motor differs from the usual collector motor in high efficiency, reliability, good quality of washing and spinning.
Subtleties of repair
Manufacturers of inverter washing machines claim that this technique is not intended for repair in everyday life. The best option in this case is system testing, of course, if the unit has such capabilities.
After self-diagnosis, you can detect the breakdown code and proceed to eliminate it. Before starting the test, you should remove the hatch and take out all the laundry.
If you want to remove the inverter, you should follow the diagram:
- disconnect the unit from power;
- unscrew the bolts and remove the panel from the back;
- detect the screws under the rotor, which are designed to attach the wiring, and unscrew them;
- before you disconnect the wires, you should take a picture or sketch their correct location;
- remove the central bolt that holds the rotor, holding the elements to prevent their rotation;
- remove the assembly of the rotor, then the starter;
- disconnect each wire connector.
After all of the above procedures, you can check the engine. Next, it is worth evaluating the integrity of the rotor winding. To create a new motor winding, you need to call a specialist. To replace the engine in place of the old device, a new one is determined.
To increase the life of the inverter motor, the following preventive measures will be required:
- properly connect the washing machine to the network;
- carefully use the equipment;
- use powders with the “Automatic” icon;
- do not fall asleep a large amount of detergent;
take a break between washings in a few hours.
The first inverter washing machines for the home can rightfully be called LG appliances . Very popular among consumers is the Direct Drive model, which, in addition to an improved motor, has a high-quality drum design, as well as a convenient door and advanced adjustment options. In addition to the engine, manufacturers of LG equipment changed the drum, making its surface not smooth, but covered with bubbles with different diameters. For these models, the laundry grip has a new shape and high height. Innovation not only improves the quality of the washing process, but also delicately affects the fabric.
The 6 Motion washing machine is capable of providing for different drum movements. She has 6 options for rotational movements:
- reversible, which are provided for high-quality splitting of detergents;
- swaying, used when soaking laundry;
- torsions that perfectly wash things;
- saturating, which evenly distribute detergents on the laundry that was loaded;
- smoothing, stretching laundry.
Samsung brand launches a series of Crystal Standard machines, which not only have an inverter motor installed, but also have bubble wash technology. At the same time, the unit qualitatively launders things even at a temperature of 15 degrees. The machine has the ability to work not only in a delicate mode, but also removes the most frequent pollution, while saving the money of its owner. Samsung technology is not only functional, but also fits perfectly into the interior thanks to its futuristic design.
Such well-known brands as Electrolux, Candy, Bosch, Whirlpool also sell washing machines with this type of motor. The brand AEG inverter units are sold with a 10-year warranty. The Belarusian Atlant equipment is very popular .
In addition to durability, these machines are characterized by a smooth start and low wear of the motor.
Inverter washing machine refers to units that are equipped with modern engines. Choosing this type of household appliances for personal use, it is worth taking into account such points.
- Energy efficiency . In this case, the best option is the product on which the letter “A” with pluses is indicated. It is worth noting that the more advantages indicated in the marking, the more economical the machine will function.
- Spin speed . Typically, consumers purchase units with a spin of 1600 rpm. However, it is worth remembering that some products can be damaged even with a spin of 1000 rpm.
- Weight. This indicator should be family-oriented. For example, for 3-4 people, the drum of the washing machine should hold 6 kg of laundry.
- The noise . The noise level that a technician emits during washing and spinning should not be more than 75 dB.
- Functionality. It is better to buy a washing machine that has control over foaming, steam washing, child protection, night drying, delayed start.
Modern inverter washing machines are simple and convenient to operate. Before buying, it is worth weighing all the pros and cons of such a technique, since despite a lot of advantages, units with inverter motors are expensive. At the same time, the cost of such machines is justified by high efficiency.
For an overview of the Hotpoint-Ariston WMSF 602 UA inverter motor washing machine, see the next video.