Every year there are new trends in interior design, which are followed by more and more people. More recently, the fashion for the dressing room in the house went, and now almost everyone has it. Undoubtedly, such innovations make our life easier, add coziness and comfort to the house. One of them is a home laundry.
In our country, there are rarely rooms specially designated for laundry, which we are used to seeing in foreign films. We usually have a laundry room divided into several parts. But in this article we will consider what is the use of a separate room, how to properly equip it and with which room to combine.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before you change something in the interior of your home, you need to carefully consider everything, find the pros and cons. A separate laundry room in a residential building is a fairly global solution, so it will be appropriate to consider its advantages and disadvantages, to get to know better with this idea.
Let's start with the obvious pluses.
- If you allocate a separate room for washing, then the house will not be a mess. Everything has its place: gels and powders, dirty and clean linen, ironing board and so on.
- Since linen is a utility room, it is possible to store cleaning equipment and accessories, sports equipment, tools, etc. in it.
- Everything will be at hand, you will not have to carry things from room to room, you will not hear noise from the washing machine.
- The size of this room can be small, which means that laundry can be done even in an apartment building.
Cons are also worth considering.
- Additional funds will be needed, because you need to properly equip the linen, in addition - additional lighting, decoration, installation of the water supply system, proper ventilation also require money.
- One of the problems is the dampness in the linen room. If the ventilation is not properly equipped, mold may appear, which will subsequently go to clothing and decoration materials. In addition, it is very important to regularly clean to prevent dampness and its manifestations.
As we saw, the disadvantages of the laundry room are much less than the advantages. And if you equip it ergonomically, then there will be no problems at all.
Where to place?
Often the project of the house simply does not provide for a separate utility room for washing, so you have to sacrifice some other rooms or combine several zones at once.
Let's look at a few examples of successfully combining laundry with another room without compromising functionality.
- Laundry can be arranged in a separate room, which has no purpose . It is best that such a room is located near the kitchen or bathroom, so it will be more convenient to carry out the necessary communication system and do the work.
- If there is no free space, then it is quite easy to combine the laundry with another room . Often combine linen with a pantry or dressing room. This is a very convenient and practical solution, because clothes and all equipment will always be at hand.
- In addition, you can equip the boiler room under the laundry , then you can avoid some problems, such as dampness.
- If the layout does not allow you to allocate a special space, you can arrange your home linen room under the stairs, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in the office and even in the nursery , the main thing is to take care of ventilation and sound insulation. In general, in every corner of the house you can organize a mini-laundry, even with an ironing board.
The organization of the laundry room takes a lot of time, because you need to choose the right furniture and materials for decorating the room. In this case, it is important to consider that this room should perform a maximum of functions.
How to choose equipment?
Now we come close to the topic of equipment for the laundry room. As mentioned above, the laundry room should perform maximum functions, but the design of this room cannot be ignored.
It is important to choose the right furniture and appliances for linen, consider what can be located in it.
- A washing machine with vertical or horizontal loading (or two machines) - as you wish.
But keep in mind that if you choose a machine with vertical loading, then you won’t be able to position something above it.
- A tumble dryer is optional. Remember that not all things can be dried in such a device because of the possibility of their damage.
- Baskets or containers for sorting dirty laundry.
- Shelves or containers for clean laundry.
- Countertop and storage boxes for detergents, detergents, soaps and other household chemicals.
- You can install the sink to wash the stains, wash small items, rinse your hands.
- Folding dryer - this way we usually dry clothes. If the laundry room is quite spacious, you can put several dryers.
In addition, at the stage of decorating the room, you can equip a warm clothes dryer (like a heated towel rail).
- It is advisable that there is an ironing board in the linen room. So it will be convenient to immediately iron the washed clothes and temporarily fold them on shelves.
If there is little space allocated for the laundry, mobile and sliding structures can be installed to store and hide items when they are not needed. And to hide the mini-laundry in the room, use textiles or sliding doors.
It is also necessary to hide communications, organize competent lighting and ventilation (it is desirable that the room has a window).
It was mentioned above that the design of the linen room can not be ignored, we will consider the ideas of the interior of the laundry in a private house.
- In a small area there is a washing and drying machine, an ironing board, a wardrobe for clothes and even a small TV.
- Along one wall there is a washing and drying machine, a countertop on which you can put something. A storage system for clothes and household chemicals is also organized.
- Here, the room intended for the boiler and communications associated with it is combined with a laundry room. The result was a cozy utility room.
- The linen room is equipped so that not only clothes, but also cleaning equipment is placed.
- An unusual option for combining a laundry room with an office. It looks very natural and calm.