A comfortable bed is an indispensable attribute for sleeping and relaxing at home, a longed-for purchase for many, a favorite of sales. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that people want to have safe and aesthetically attractive furniture, therefore the process of choosing a bed takes much longer than any other product of the furniture industry. A minor mistake - and a comfortable sleep will remain in dreams.
Attention to yourself requires all the details of the bed, including the headboard. Its shape and material affect the quality of rest in the same way as the size of a berth, mattress and bedding. Among the huge variety of options, beds with a high headboard will help to give maximum pleasure during sleep, and the most modest interior will turn into a more refined and elegant.
In any room, the resting place is central, attracts attention. That is why when choosing a bed, many people have a lot of requirements and wishes. The sleeping bed creates a mood, atmosphere in the room, decorates the room and makes it cozy.
Beds with headboards are favorites of sales. Such models are not only beautiful, comfortable, in addition, they are practical, due to their design and functional content. A bed with a high back can be successfully placed both against the wall of the room, and at a certain distance from it. If, according to the designer's idea, the bed should be in the center of the room, this option will take its place without any problems.
In addition, a bed with a soft headboard solves several problems at once:
- Dramatically changes the interior of the room.
- Significantly improves the quality of sleep and rest.
- Gives an extra place to store personal items, bedding and other attributes (due to the presence of a linen compartment or a niche).
- Saves money (a high-quality berth will serve for many years).
- Universality. A bed with a soft back is suitable for both adults and young households. Such models are especially good for children who are difficult to keep in one place.
Beds with a high headboard perfectly transform any interior, give a sea of comfort to all family members. In recent years, it is from the head of the designers that they give maximum attention. If you carefully consider what models of fashion magazines offer for sleeping, then in most cases, options with a high headboard will appear.
The backrest can be upholstered in genuine leather, dermatin, fabric, decorated with buttons, applique or embroidery. This design gives the room a more elegant and rich look. Fans of luxury will undoubtedly appreciate a bed with light-leather upholstery - a noble material that looks very expensive, especially if presented in a quilted version.
It is worth noting that such a design is easy to care for: just wipe it with a damp cloth.
Quite often, furniture manufacturers use rustic motifs involving fabric upholstery, ideally natural. Colored beads, buttons and embroidery perfectly complement the picture. In addition to the fabric, the headboard is stuffed with a soft filler, as a result it becomes like a cloud, a soft pillow, which is especially popular with children and romantic natures.
Another option that successfully emphasizes the style of minimalism is a high rigid back. Such a solution will give the interior a lack of rigor and elegance. So that the high back does not introduce dissonance into the interior of the room, it is better to choose a model of the bed, the materials of which are combined with the rest of the furniture.
Great reception when the head of the sleeping nest is designed exactly like the floor covering.
A stunning visual effect creates a high headboard with a mirror panel. A visually large mirror will expand the room, make it brighter and more joyful.
Designers note that the head of the bed can be decorated with any material, the main thing when choosing this piece of furniture is to focus on the style that is leading in the room:
- Leather upholstery meets the Art Nouveau style, which is characterized by restraint, conciseness and clarity of lines. The back with rounding does not fit in this case.
- Classic bedrooms prefer stiff tapestries.
- Country advantageously emphasize the raw panels made of wood.
- Oriental style is expressed in the use of screens.
- The Japanese theme will be revealed by the headboards using traditional motifs - sakura branches, a hieroglyph on a white canvas.
- The Mediterranean style is complemented by murals pasted on a partition that replaces the headboard. In this case, images of the sea, beach or vegetation would be appropriate.
Features of choice
A high headboard is no reason to study tons of literature on your choice of beds. The same conditions apply to such products as for other models of berths.
The main criteria:
- Sizes. They are determined based on the area of the bedroom, the height of the person and the number of vacationers. The standard back height is at least 40 cm.
- Material. If you need maximum durability, it is worth choosing a bed from an array. The wood is inferior to MDF in terms of life, the reliability of such models is also in doubt. Particleboard furniture will last the least, but it will cost the least.
- Functionality. The most practical is the design with drawers.
- Cost. The most expensive beds are made of natural wood and leather upholstery. The cheapest of particleboard with fabric headboard.
Placement in the interior:
- Before buying a bed with a high headboard, it is important to determine its color. This design should be in tone with the interior of the room or textile products that already exist (curtains, carpets, poufs).
- If the bedroom is made in the Art Nouveau style, then the head of the bed should be made of material of saturated color, ideally of bright velvet. Designers strongly recommend choosing a headboard in a contrasting shade. For bedrooms with an interior neoclassicism, a bed with a clear-cut headboard (rectangle) is suitable. The finish in this case can be made of leather in light and brown tones.
- Baroque style reveals a bed with a headboard made of silk or velvet. Luxurious finishes created using the Capiton technique, twisted laces, gilded buttons - this is what is appropriate in this case. Rich shades such as burgundy, emerald, wine will become the highlight of the room.
- Fashionable fusion-style bedrooms will adorn beds with fabric headboards, with interesting, vibrant prints and patterns.
- White back with wrought iron elements will be indispensable in the interior of the rococo.
- A wooden headboard will decorate the Baroque style. The natural material with carvings will make the room charming and chic.
- Classicism is determined by strict forms and clear lines. The main material is solid wood.
- The ideal solution for the Provence style is the back, upholstered in pastel fabric with a floral pattern.
The subtleties of care
The high head of the bed needs to be cleaned periodically.
The rules of care are simple:
- If the back is made of fabric, at least once a week it must be vacuumed, cleaned of accumulated dust.
- Wipe metal, leather, wood or their analogs with a damp cloth.
- The mirror needs special and constant care, as fingerprints and other dirt are very visible on its surface. For cleaning, special tools or folk recipes are suitable, for example, you can wash the mirror with a solution of water with vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio.
See even more interesting ideas for headboards in the next video.