Washing, brushing your teeth, taking a bath are common human actions that are aimed at maintaining a clean body. The same natural desire is to maintain freshness after going to the toilet. A great solution would be to use wet wipes or install a bidet. But you need to consider that there may be an allergy to the components of napkins. And the installation of a new unit is not always possible due to the dimensions of the bathroom and the associated costs.
There is an option that can be used even in small rooms: a hygienic shower for the toilet. Our article is about Grohe brand products.
Externally, this device is similar to what we see every day in the bathroom. The difference is in the watering can: it is less than usual for us and serves for the directed supply of a stream of water with the help of a special button-lever. Modern manufacturers offer various variations of devices for personal intimate hygiene. They differ in cost, installation and appearance.
The Grohe hygienic shower is a set of equipment for the comfortable implementation of hygiene procedures directly above the toilet: faucet, flexible hose, small watering can with a head and holder. The holder is mounted so that it is convenient for all family members to use the device. Simple installation and connection, versatility and laconicism of execution make it possible to use this innovation in a bathroom of any design and dimensions.
Consider the main varieties of hygienic showers Grohe.
- A wall-mounted shower is mounted close to the toilet and is mounted on pipes exiting the wall. For this variety, you need a mixer without a spout and a small watering can with a shut-off valve. Water will be supplied by pressing a button on the shower funnel and opening the shut-off valve first. In this case, a tee is connected to the pipes with access to a shower, toilet bowl and water supply pipe. If the installation of the device occurs during the repair of the bathroom, it is enough to hold cold and hot water.
- The built-in option is a panel that is attached to the wall and behind it is a mixer. The built-in option captivates with neatness and aesthetics, but can only be installed with partial or full repair of the room.
- A hygienic shower with a mixer is installed where there is a sink. In this version, the faucet is also used for the sink and, with the button for switching the watering can, for the shower. The funnel itself is attached to the wall, sink or toilet. This is the most successful variant, since after the procedure, only the button is often turned off and the mixer does not overlap, the hose remains under pressure. In this case, this will not happen, and water will flow through the tap.
- The device with a thermostat allows you to adjust the desired temperature in advance, eliminating the need to adjust the supply of hot water each time, and will not allow sudden jumps. The output will always be a stream of temperature that is comfortable for you. It is safe, which is especially important for families with children, and economical, since you don’t have to drain the water in anticipation of a suitable temperature. Such models are more expensive, but the price pays for comfort and reliability.
To install the Grohe hygienic shower, you can use the ready-made kit consisting, as already mentioned above, of a watering can equipped with a pressure adjustment button and a locking mechanism, a flexible hose, a mixer and a holder. Mixers are divided into valve and lever. In the first embodiment, the water supply is controlled by a valve. When installing this type of mixer, it is required to put a check valve, which, when the pressure of the water changes, will not allow it to mix. Also, it will be necessary to determine the place for the tap, which supplies warm water to the funnel itself.
The second option is a lever, when using which an additional crane is not needed. This mixer is equipped with a lever that will regulate the pressure of the water supply and its temperature. You can connect the device to a riser with cold and hot water or to the piping. If the device is connected during the repair in the bathroom, it is advisable to use hidden installation and connect the shower to the sink, which will be according to the project. In this case, access to water switching will be limited and it is worth choosing a model with a thermostat that will monitor the temperature of the supplied jet automatically.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of the Grohe hygienic shower include:
- space saving, which is important in small rooms;
- saving money on repair and installation of a bidet, since it is not required to make a separate drain hole;
- saving time spent on hygiene;
- the quality of hygiene itself, since a directed stream of warm water cleans better than any toilet paper, eliminating uncomfortable sensations;
- simplification of care for young children, the elderly and people with disabilities;
- with it you can wash the cat’s tray, wash away dirt from street shoes over the toilet;
- facilitates cleaning the toilet;
- the device can be used for physiotherapeutic purposes (statistics indicate a decrease in the manifestations of hemorrhoids in people using a shower).
The disadvantages include droplets remaining on the surface of the diffuser , which flow to the floor and can leave streaks. This can easily be avoided by wiping the diffuser after shutting off the water. Young parents should consider that young children should not be left alone with such a toy.
Models and reviews
When choosing a hygienic shower, as well as when buying other plumbing, you need to give preference to a manufacturer who has established himself in the market. Grohe has long been known for the quality and reliability of its products. The company is considered the standard and guarantor in its field, due to the durability, environmental friendliness and safety of manufactured goods, which is confirmed by certificates and numerous examinations. Using the latest technologies and the constant development of new design solutions allow the company to remain one of the world leaders in the production of sanitary products.
Buyers note a large selection of stylish hygienic showers: BauClassic, BauCurve, BauFlow, Trigger Spray, Sena, Tempesta-F Trigger Spray, made in white and black, chrome and matt. Most of the consumers talk about the long, uninterrupted and high-quality operation of the equipment and advises against purchasing cheaper analogues that quickly fail. Owners of the Grohe shower appreciated its reliability and convenience.
Mistresses note that the models of this company are equipped with a rubber tip, making the holes on the watering can easier to clean from lime deposits. Hygienic shower, according to the general opinion of users, fits perfectly into any interior of bathrooms and bathrooms, simplifies life and improves the performance of procedures that are not customary to talk about. Men celebrate a simple and convenient installation, women enjoy a new quality of life.
Recommendations for use of the Grone toilet hygiene shower.