The garden just can not do without good garden shears. With this tool, many garden care procedures become simple and do not take much time. Using high-quality scissors is very easy: everyone can handle this.
Many people are fond of the garden. If the house area has such a zone, then it can not be left without proper care. It is necessary to abandon the garden for a short time, as it instantly overgrows with greenery and weed, and it can take a lot of time and time to put it in order. Of course, today a huge amount is sold in specialized stores, with which the maintenance of the garden and the garden is simplified. However, there is no replacement for a hand tool for many jobs.
You can work with scissors not only in the garden, but also in the garden. This device makes it possible to give fruit and decorative plantings an interesting shape. Properly selected scissors can even mow the lawn. This tool is not complicated. It consists of sharp cutting knives connected to each other by hinges, as well as two handles and a spring bracket. Modern manufacturers manufacture and deliver reliable and wear-resistant tools to the shelves of specialized stores, in the production of which high-quality steel is used. But, despite this fact, garden scissors are hardly suitable for cutting thick enough branches, because during such procedures plant stems can be seriously damaged.
Garden shears are a wonderful and useful tool that can easily cope with many tasks. Otherwise, these scissors are called a universal tool. Use this device for the following work:
- pruning shoots and not very dense branches;
- for the care of bushes, tree crowns;
- for grape harvesting;
- for cutting sufficiently high hedges and shrubs (usually large secateurs are used);
- for cutting bushes and grass, including lawn (mostly use small models of secateurs);
- with anvil scissors, you can safely cut dense branches and knots.
There are several varieties of garden shears. They differ in their structure, size and tasks that are designed to solve.
Many gardeners and gardeners consider cutting the overgrown greens with mechanical scissors too tedious and time-consuming. A great alternative to these tools are modern electrical appliances. It is worth noting that the cord that connects such equipment to a power outlet may not be, because many of these models work from lithium-ion batteries. The average runtime of such options under the condition of a full charge is usually 45 minutes. This time should be enough to process a small cottage plot with garden plantings. Many battery-powered models of garden shears are equipped with an addition in the form of special legs for cutting grass and shrubs. They are made of high-strength hardened steel. Using these tools, it will be possible to make a curly cut of the edge of the lawn without unnecessary efforts. After that, it will be possible to change the knives, and then proceed to the formation of the edges of the bushes to give them the necessary shape.
Power tools powered by lithium-ion batteries are light in weight, ranging from 0.5 to 1 kg. To replace the blades in the modern model, you need very little time - no more than a minute. These garden tools are very popular. They are produced by many well-known brands, such as Bosch or Gruntek. Electrical appliances have many advantages. They are convenient to use, do not force the summer resident to spend a lot of time and energy on caring for plantings and shrubs. There are also productive options with a telescopic handle. They are not only very convenient, but also safer. However, there are also disadvantages:
- limited working time: it is necessary to charge such equipment from time to time, and it often takes more than 5 hours to charge;
- it is not recommended to use such tools in places remote from electrical outlets.
Hand tools are no less popular. Most of them have a low cost and simple structure. These models are not susceptible to breakdowns, but some work needs to be done to work with them. There are several varieties of mechanical tools for the garden.
- Secateurs. This device is designed to trim not very thick branches. Secateurs can form the edge of trees. This tool is especially convenient to use if it has rubberized handles. When using this device, corns will not form on your hands. It is important to ensure that a small clearance remains between the cutting elements when folded. If it is not there, then the branches will not be cut, but wrinkled. Secateurs are most convenient to use, in which the handle consists of two parts connected by a gear transmission.
- Delimbers. This is a special device for cutting the shoots of high branches. Such a tool is fixed on a rather long pole. It works thanks to twine. The mechanism on the lever and the hinge cuts thick branches without unnecessary effort. Currently, power drive delimbers with increased cutting ability are in demand.
- Single-sided and double-sided brush cutter. This tool is a convenient scissors designed for cutting bushes. Most often, with their help, cut gooseberries, currants and raspberries.
- On sale you can also find special scissors for mowing the lawn. Lawn models are used to trim the edges of the grassy area. They are great for caring for places where the mower simply cannot be reached.
Rating of the best models
Today the assortment of garden shears pleases with its wealth and variety. At the choice of consumers are presented scissors of various modifications and cost. Many large (and not so) manufacturers produce them. Some models are popular and in demand.
The Finnish manufacturer of high-quality and reliable garden equipment Fiskars opens the rating. The assortment of this large company has two types of garden shears:
- planar type, designed for cutting young trees and shrubs;
- contact type used for trimming hardwood and for removing dried branches.
Tools from Fiskars are renowned for unsurpassed quality and performance. In addition, many of them have affordable prices. Thanks to such distinctive features, Finnish garden shears are in enviable demand among summer residents.
Another well-known manufacturer of pruning shears and other garden tools is Gardena. The fixtures of this brand have the following positive qualities:
- light weight;
- only high-quality materials are used in their production;
- wide range: there are tools for hard or dry wood, for flower planting, for fresh wood.
Model Gardena shears are characterized by beautiful and comfortable handles, long life and ergonomics. In the assortment, you can also find special small devices for cutting roses, as well as individual spare parts for the scissors themselves.
Fine scissors for grass and bushes are produced by the world famous Bosch brand. The assortment of the company includes:
- lawn mowing tools;
- cordless scissors with telescopic handle;
- scissors with brush cutter;
- hedge tools;
- special scissors for orchids and other plants.
Bosch different types of garden shears are of the highest quality and long service life. The brand’s arsenal also has additional knives for these tools.
A large number of reliable and wear-resistant tools are offered by Centroinstrument. In its arsenal there are various kinds of garden tools, hand tools, winter tools and measuring tools. The delimbers, scissors and secateurs "Centroinstrument" are of excellent quality. Separately, it is worth highlighting the high-quality rod telescopic delimbers “Centroinstrument”. They have a rotatable 180 ° cutting unit with a mechanism equipped with a cable. In such functional and productive models there are innovative mechanisms that are not prone to breakage.
The Raco brand offers consumers a choice of garden cutting tools of unrivaled quality. The assortment includes scissors for cutting grass, secateurs, and delimbers, and many other devices useful for the garden. All tools of this manufacturer are famous for their convenience and functionality. You can pick up products for cutting bushes, and for caring for flower plantings.
Cordless wind cutters and brush cutters from this manufacturer are famous for their low weight and ease of use. That is why with them the care of the garden is greatly simplified. Telescopic rods allow you to use Patriot tools with greater safety. In a set with many models are nozzles for other works.
The Finnish brand Lux-Tools offers a choice of buyers good garden shears of various modifications. Universal tools are very popular. They are lightweight. You can work with them using only one hand. Quality tools from Lux-Tools attract not only ergonomics, but also at an affordable price.
The well-known company Stihl keeps up with the times. All products of this manufacturer are thought out to the smallest detail and very practical. Stihl garden shears and pruners (Universal and Felco models) are made from quality materials. It is possible to choose a tool for left-handed people and for right-handed people, so that garden work takes place with great convenience.
Many other brands also produce high-quality models of garden shears and other tools of this kind, for example:
- Skil (one of the best recognized model 0755RA);
- Black and Decker;
How to choose?
When choosing garden scissors, some nuances should be taken into account.
- The tool should be comfortable. Consider the length, material of the handle and the blade itself, especially if you want to work with elements that are high.
- If the blade has a teflon or zinc layer, then they will not be able to sharpen.
- It is advisable to buy lightweight tools to make them easier to work with.
- The fixture should have a good build. All components must be performed in good faith and well secured.
The subtleties of care
Use clippers, delimbers and wind cutters, respectively. If the tool is not designed to work with thick branches, then they can not be cut. From time to time, the scissors will need to sharpen the blades. You can sharpen them at home. Of course, if Teflon or zinc will be present on the cutting parts, then this will not be possible. It is also important to clean the instrument after each procedure in the garden or vegetable garden. Do not let scissors stick around the grass and slivers. Be careful with both the handle and the blades.
See how to choose the right scissors in the next video.