Repair of Panasonic TVs always starts with a thorough diagnosis of their malfunctions - it helps to accurately and correctly determine the nature and location of the problem. Not all components of modern technology are subject to independent repair, however, it is quite possible to recognize the source of trouble without contacting the workshop. When the plasma TV does not turn on, there is sound, but there is no image, the indicator blinks on the case, there are other breakdowns - it's time to examine in more detail what exactly is going wrong.
Common causes of malfunctions
Panasonic is a respected brand that is highly appreciated by both ham radio enthusiasts and ordinary users. The modern plasmas produced by him in their class are not inferior to the products of other market leaders. Moreover, in some parameters, they remain one of the best and even after the removal of models from production do not lose their relevance. It’s just that plasma TV always breaks down unexpectedly, and it’s difficult to figure out the reason for its failure on its own. Most often, the following problems become the “culprits”.
- Short circuit . Power surges are still a major source of problems. It may be due to malfunctions in the power supply system or exceeding the level of permissible load. For example, if you plug several devices into a 1 outlet through a “tee”, it may simply not stand it.
- External factors. A pipe breakthrough, a flood from neighbors - moisture in the case is still included in the list of sources of danger for modern TVs. In addition, with improper installation and careless handling, the plasma may fall, resulting in obvious or hidden mechanical damage.
- Bad power adapter. The unit through which the device is connected to the network may fail due to a short circuit, wire breakage, poor contact, or a malfunction in the outlet.
- Blown fuse. Usually it protects the equipment from power surges. If this element worked, you won’t be able to turn on the TV before replacing it.
- Damaged power cord. It can be pinched with furniture or cut off in another way.
- Defective screen backlight. In this case, the signal will pass, but the image will not appear.
- Software bugs. Flashed firmware is one of the common reasons for plasma TV owners to contact service centers. It is worth considering that this factor cannot be called quite typical - breakdowns are different, but it is not recommended to fix them independently in any case. Reinstallable software must match the brand and model of equipment, year of release.
This is just a small part of what Panasonic TV owners contact a repair shop. Fortunately, the quality of the equipment of this brand rarely causes complaints, it can not be attributed to often breaking.
Diagnostics of problems and their elimination
If the TV is broken, does not respond to the remote control and command buttons, you need to study all the possible sources of problems. Diagnostics usually consists in checking the nodes that can affect the operation of TV equipment.
TV does not turn on
When the indicators do not light up on the TV when turning on the network, you must definitely determine the source of the problems. The procedure will be as follows.
- Check the availability of electricity in the room, in the whole house or apartment. If it is not there, check whether the “automatic machines” in the shield have worked.
- Check the health of the electrical outlet by connecting another electrical appliance to it. If the reason is this, replace the failed element.
- Check power adapter. If there is an indicator on it, it should light after connecting the device to the network. If there is no indication, you can check the presence of mains voltage using a multimeter.
- Visually inspect the cord. Damage and breakage may indicate the cause of the problem.
- If the TV does not turn on, do not panic . Perhaps the device is simply not connected to the network.
Sometimes the reason that the TV does not turn on is the remote control. If there is power, the indicator on the device itself will light. At the same time, he does not respond to remote control signals. The first time you turn on the problems may be due to improper battery installation. It is necessary to check the location of the batteries relative to the contacts, if necessary, correct it. Sometimes the batteries need to be replaced - while waiting for the sale of the TV or during operation, they lose their charge.
The remote control may not work for objective reasons. For example, if the point at which its signal is directed is in the place where the bright source of natural or artificial light is directed.
In addition, the remote control has a limited range - not more than 7 m.
LED flashes red
On Panasonic TVs, the flashing light is part of the equipment’s self-diagnosis system. When a malfunction is detected, the technician independently starts the search for errors. This happens when you receive a command to turn on. If the system finds that the TV is broken, it will report it. It is only necessary to decipher the signals of the indicators correctly - they are usually listed in the attached instructions, you only need to count the number of repetitions.
In addition, when you go into sleep mode when connected to a PC in monitor mode after turning on, the TV will also give short signals, establishing a connection. This is normal, not a malfunction. You only need to remove the equipment from Stand by mode.
There is sound, but no image
If the picture on the screen is partially missing, with sound being preserved, this may be due to a matrix malfunction (it cannot be repaired) or backlight. If it is LED, it is enough to replace the failed elements. Changing the matrix is not much cheaper than buying a new TV. The feasibility and possibility of repair is better appreciated by a specialist service center.
Does not see USB
The USB drive format may not be compatible with the port settings. In addition, not all televisions support working with specific file systems. Typically, the problem is solved by reformatting, allowing you to adapt the USB flash drive to work with the TV. It is worth considering the possible damage to the external media itself. If the USB drive cannot be opened on a PC, it’s not about the TV at all.
Among the common failures can also be called the following.
- Blown fuses. To find them, just open the back of the TV. It is worth considering that an independent violation of the established seals leads to the termination of the warranty on the part of the manufacturer. Before the expiration of the time period set by the company, it is better to contact the service center with breakdowns.
- Swollen capacitor . When you turn on the network with such a breakdown, the TV inside will emit a crack or squeak. “Failure” malfunction by replacing the part.
- The screen turns off spontaneously . When turned on, it lights up, but goes out almost immediately. The cause of the problems is the backlight in the form of lamps, after its replacement everything will return to normal.
- Extraneous sounds in the speakers. The sound is interrupted. The source of the problem may be an audio codec or audio amplifier.
- Half of the screen is highlighted, the second part remains dark. If the fault is horizontal, the cause is the backlight. With the vertical position of the strip, we can talk about problems with the matrix.
- The TV does not see the HDMI connector . It is necessary to check the serviceability of the socket itself and the connecting cable. The wire bandwidth may not match the data rate.
- YouTube does not open. There can be many reasons for a problem. For example, a specific TV model is considered obsolete and no longer meets the service requirements for software. Also, violations can be associated with a system error or technical failure on one of the parties.
- The TV goes into emergency mode, does not respond to commands . The cause of the malfunction is a breakdown of the stabilizer transistor. After replacing it, you can again use the plasma in the usual format.
- Settings are not saved, operator commands are ignored. Usually this happens if a hardware malfunction occurs. It needs to be reinstalled, it is better to do it by the hands of specialists of a service center.
This list of possible malfunctions is not limited. In case of more complex or rare failures, it will be better to contact the service center for help.
Some breakdowns of Panasonic plasma TVs can be repaired by yourself . Of course, not every home master will decide to repair the backlight or replace the matrix. But even a layman will cope with replacing batteries or cleaning contacts.
When the broadcast TV signal disappears
In most cases, this failure can be dealt with without assistance. It is enough to make sure that the provider is not working, and that there is no preventive mode and on the TV channels . If only some of the broadcast television products disappear, this may be due to the complete cessation of broadcasting. If there is no signal at all, it is worth checking whether the input cable is in place. If it is plugged in, it’s worth turning it off for 30 seconds and then turning on the TV again.
If the power supply breaks down
This part is most often produced as a separate element, but in some models of technology it is built into the body of the TV device. Repair of the power supply should be carried out independently only if you have basic knowledge and skills, otherwise the risk is great to aggravate the breakdown, increase its scale. The procedure in most cases will be as follows.
- Disconnect the equipment from the network.
- Discharge the high voltage capacitor, observing the electrical safety rules.
- Remove the power supply board for visual and practical diagnostics.
- Perform inspection. If cracks, chips, faults, faulty areas are found, establish their localization.
- Use a multimeter to carry out instrumental diagnostics.
- If a defective resistor is detected, the voltage across it will be 0 or indicated as infinite. A broken capacitor will be swollen - it is easy to identify visually. All failed parts are evaporated, replaced by similar ones.
If the lamps break
On LCD TVs with LED lamp illumination, the burnout of the elements responsible for the brightness of the screen is quite common. Usually, if 1 lamp goes out, the others continue to shine. But the inverter will force them to turn off to compensate for the poor image quality. The color spectrum will shift towards red tones, the picture on the screen will become fuzzy, dull.
Self-replacement of non-working LED lamps requires a certain accuracy. The LCD module will have to be removed from the TV, having previously disconnected all the cables and the back panel with the controller.
Further, the LCD module is disassembled into components, the matrix must be removed with gloves.
After dismantling all unnecessary parts, access to the panel with optical fibers and filters will be open. Blown items are usually easy to recognize by color change, tan inside. They need to be removed, replaced by serviceable ones.
For repair of Panasonic TC-21FG20TSV TVs, see below.