For the growth and development of the child, a full sleep plays an important role. In order for the toddler to be in comfortable conditions while sleeping, you need to responsibly approach the acquisition of items for sleep. For fabrics that are used in the tailoring of baby bedding, serious requirements are put forward. But the presence of matter is so enormous that it sometimes confuses even experienced parents.
Criteria for choosing clothes
At first, even before acquiring baby bedding, it makes sense to think carefully about what quality characteristics it should have.
The main characteristics that baby clothes should have are the following.
- Safety is perhaps the main criterion. Tissues that are in the immediate vicinity of the baby should not contain any poisonous and toxic compounds that can cause various allergic reactions and other diseases.
- Lingerie should absorb moisture well. In a dream, the child sweats or some other unpleasant occurrence characteristic of his age may occur with him. Therefore, it is necessary that the fabric absorbs all the liquid, and the baby was comfortable.
- The fabric should pass air well and have good heat dissipation. This is necessary so that the skin of the child breathes. And it would be nice if in the hot period the material significantly cooled, and in the cool, on the contrary, it gave its warmth and warmed the baby.
- It is undesirable that the fabric for children's kits be with the addition of synthetics. Well, if it will have color fastness. Usually, sleeping clothes for babies have juicy shades, so you need to be sure that the colors will not appear on the skin of the crumbs on the first night of use.
- It would be nice if the linen is durable and wear-resistant.
Since the child’s bed linen is more often washed than the parents’ linen, the material is very durable, which would withstand frequent washing and not lose its quality. In this case, we need matter that does not crumple, because the folds will cause inconvenience to the crumbs, and imprinted on its thin skin will cause various negative processes. It’s pretty good when the elements that make up the bedding set are easy to clean, dry and iron.
The aesthetics of bed linen also plays an important role, since children love to study the patterns on the linen, so the drawings should attract attention, but be not very elaborate.
After analyzing all the above factors, we can conclude that fabrics that contain cotton and linen are more good materials for children's underwear sets. After all, they include all the necessary qualities in order to make the baby’s sleep serene.
These fabrics include satin - a matter that has a beautiful appearance and silk composition, which makes it look like an atlas. Due to the fact that the fibers of this fabric are interlaced in a special way, it is very resistant to wear.
It is known that satin can withstand up to 300 washes, while calico, for example, up to 180.
Satin is attractive not only for its external qualities, but also because it absorbs moisture well, and also does not crease. A rather high price is considered a negative feature, but it quickly pays off.
Another type of fabric for baby bedding is mako-sateen , for the production of which high-quality cotton is used, which does not contain any foreign matter . The fabric is highly durable and has a glossy front and matte wrong sides.
When choosing bedding, you must also take into account the size of the components of the kit. For a child, a 1.5-bedroom suite is perfect. It includes a sheet, a duvet cover and two pillowcases.
Bed Linen Tips
Now, having decided on the matter, you need not to lose out with the colors, sizes and number of components. Useful tips can be used for this.
- Choosing the colors of the kit for a newly born or one-year-old child, it is good to stop your attention on discreet shades and colors. Here you do not need a large drawing, but small images of fairy-tale animals or toys are well suited. Very flashy drawings will not let the little one sleep soundly. For older children, you can purchase a linen set with the characters of children's cartoons.
- When buying bedding for children, you need to constantly think about its reliability. The edges of all items included in the kit should be well-crafted, and the kit itself should not have extra seams. Here, special attention should be paid to the duvet cover, or rather, how it is sewn. In that case, if he has a window into which the blanket is tucked in, then the baby can inadvertently get into it and get confused.
- Usually children under one year old sleep without a pillow, so there are not many pillowcases here. The same thing with duvet covers, because they do not get dirty so often, but the sheet needs more. The best solution may be to purchase a pair of whole sets and a few more separate sheets.
- It is necessary to accurately select the size of bedding in the crib, it is necessary that it be suitable in relation to the mattress, blanket and pillow. Otherwise, the bed will begin to get lumpy and crumple into folds, which causes unwanted reactions on the skin of children. The sheet should not hang almost to the floor, because for the baby it is dangerous because he gets entangled in it and can fall and hit. The edges need to be tucked under the mattress, and the best option here is to purchase an elastic sheet.
- Lace bedding with convex parts is undesirable for children so that there are no traces on the skin of the child.
It should be borne in mind that children's sets, in addition to pillowcases, sheets and duvet covers, also contain soft sides, which protect the baby from hitting the bed body. It is necessary to choose such sides so that they are made of environmentally friendly material.
An alternative to purchased children's sets can be do-it-yourself linen. First you need to pick up matter. Suitable fabrics of restrained colors, so that this would help the baby to calm down and soon fall asleep. At that time, when the child becomes older, he will be able to participate in the selection of fabric for his bed. He will surely enjoy the images of the characters of his favorite cartoons.
Typically, most material is sold in rolls 2 meters wide by 20 centimeters. And therefore, it will not be difficult to determine tissue consumption. It is enough to take any item of bedding and apply a width to the width of the fabric. When cutting, any matter is folded in half, so in order to sew a set, there will be plenty of such a roll. But you need to remember that although a DIY kit will be unique, it requires a lot of time and effort.
When arranging a berth, you need to remember that you need to organize it so that the child is provided with the necessary sleep. The bed should be soft, the blanket light, and the linen attractive colors and absolutely safe for the child. Then nothing will hinder the baby to see only sweet dreams.
You will learn how to sew bedding for a child with your own hands, psomotrev the following video.