Stucco molding from gypsum at all times served as a wonderful decoration of interiors, as evidenced by numerous photos in popular glossy magazines. But you need to use various accessories wisely so that they really look very attractive in a modern living space and do not cause feelings of disappointment.
Plaster stucco molding has remarkable properties to be actively used to decorate modern interiors:
- environmental and fire safety;
- a quick way to restore damaged areas;
- low cost in comparison with other facing materials;
- noise suppression;
- thermal insulation;
- almost endless period of use.
The use of gypsum stucco is fully justified . Decorative fragments are easily processed by improvised tools, successfully mask electrical wiring, defects of walls, ceilings, form a sign of aesthetics in the living space, and prioritize accents.
The wide gypsum skirting board is endowed with all the advantages listed above. To mount it to the ceiling, you do not need to have special knowledge in the field of repair or decoration.
For an ordinary connoisseur of beautiful interiors, it will be enough to remember a few key recommendations for use.
- The wide skirting board looks especially attractive in rooms with high ceilings.
- Consider the option of implementing lighting to increase the style of a decorative accessory.
- Overcome the standards of thinking and try to decorate the central part of the ceiling with a wide plinth, creating a geometric figure - a rhombus, a square.
After completing the work, decorative elements can be painted in the desired shade.
One of the key properties of gypsum is its high ductility. Working with such material is not only convenient, but also pleasant. That is, it is great for the independent manufacture of beautiful items that will look very attractive. Each connoisseur of elevated, palace interiors can create:
- narrow baguettes;
- corners, ornaments;
- wide ceiling plinths.
Each such element, when correctly positioned, sets the style and looks very attractive.
Ceiling skirting boards are made not only of gypsum. They are made from polyurethane, wood, polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene foam, duropolymer. Also, depending on the material used, decorative fragments have characteristic properties. A good example is the radial, soft skirting boards, when thanks to the inherent qualities it is possible to easily overcome difficult areas at the top of the living space. Also, products often provide special channels for organizing backlighting, masking wiring.
Which is better to choose?
The use of decorative fragments depends on the design style, but most of all on the layout of the room. On the ceiling areas, the decoration of which does not cause serious difficulties, straight skirtings are used. They are easily fixed with glue or with a cork / screw combination. Flexible baguettes are mainly used in interiors where there are many corners and portals. Such products will be indispensable when you have to beautifully decorate a variety of surfaces.
When choosing a ceiling plinth, it is important to guess with the sizes, but if, for example, in the online store it was not possible to buy stucco accessories of the desired length, a lover of aesthetic styles in the interior will have to achieve the required parameters on their own.
However, there will not be great difficulties. Plaster stucco molding, as well as products from other materials, are quite easily cut with the help of improvised tools - hacksaws for metal or a sharp knife.
It is not easy to answer the question of which skirting board is the best for the ceiling. Each master chooses a decorative element according to personal preference. But as a rule, any lover of palace styles wants the product:
- It was strong, reliable;
- did not emit harmful substances;
- served as long as possible;
- fits perfectly into the interior concept;
- slightly different from the color of the ceiling;
- matched in tone with any element of the design of the room.
That is, a fragment of stucco, in addition to the basic qualities, should have a stylish, decorative.
This question can be solved with the help of a wide choice - to purchase high-quality accessories with drawings, bas-reliefs, patterns, ornaments.
Experienced craftsmen without any problems and in a short time install wide skirting boards to ceiling ceilings and even to false ceilings. The rest experience serious difficulties when installing the stucco elements. Therefore, it makes sense to give some valuable advice in order to avoid common mistakes during the installation process.
- Do not buy a heavy baseboard made of solid wood, PVC to suspended ceilings.
- Before starting work, putty on deformed surface areas.
- If you plan to decorate the bathroom, you should purchase material with water-repellent properties.
- Buy glue with good qualities to securely stick a wide fillet.
- Be sure to take measurements of the ceiling areas where the decor will be attached.
- Prepare corners, portals in advance, where you will have to install wide baguettes.
- Cut the skirting board with a must, but if there is no practice, then you can cut it with a hacksaw "by eye", and use the corner elements to hide the mistakes made.
- The last skirting board is cut one millimeter longer, taking into account the pressing of joints.
It should be emphasized that the method of installing a wide skirting board depends on the material from which it is made, as well as the location - use to the ceiling or for stretch ceilings.
Beautiful examples in the interior
To make sure how aesthetically pleasing a wide ceiling plinth looks, just give a few illustrative examples.
- Very beautiful decorative element with original relief and step transitions in the upper part. The accessory will adorn the living room with high ceilings and reliably hide wall defects.
- Such a fillet will perfectly decorate the kitchen, if you choose a fragment of stucco with water-repellent properties. With the help of the baseboard, you can harmoniously emphasize the aesthetics of furniture and other interior items.
- Baguette with neon lights for the bedroom. This is a great and modern decorative solution. Lighting, depending on the tonality, accumulates a romantic mood, raises the mood, sets up for a quiet sleep.
The above examples clearly demonstrate how you can use a wide ceiling plinth.
See below for how to mount the ceiling skirting.