Bathroom faucets are diverse. Among the wide range of such products, white varieties are very popular among buyers. But to make the right choice of a mixer, the seller’s advice alone is not enough. Learn the features, the principle of the mechanisms, the pros and cons, the relevance of color.
The white color of the mixers is obtained in several ways. Technology allows you to create a matte and glossy surface texture.
- Polishing is a difficult way, thanks to it you can get a glossy surface. It is distinguished by reliability and stability due to the high density of the metal used. The metal is polished with special pastes, without applying any additional layers to it. The method is only suitable for steel mixers.
- Chrome plating involves applying a chrome base to brass, bronze and stainless steel, and then a layer of decorative coating. The use of electrochemical technology allows you to get a nice appearance, however, under significant loads, the white layer may break off from the base of the mixer.
- Nickel plating resembles previous technology. But the surface as a result does not have the same pronounced gloss. For the price of such products are slightly cheaper than chrome analogues.
- Staining is considered a rather controversial method for producing white. If it is used for metal parts, it will not last long. However, if the model has plastic parts, it is easiest to color them to give the mixer a white color. In this case, galvanic processing is not acceptable.
Among the rich assortment, polishing technology is recognized as the best method. Such products are more expensive than analogues, but they will last longer without compromising integrity.
Advantages and disadvantages
White mixers have several advantages.
- They look unusual and beautiful. Due to the texture, you can add the desired mood to the design of the bathroom.
- These products are presented on the market in a large assortment. You can pick up a design with a mechanism more convenient for you in the necessary form.
- They differ in reasonable cost. You can choose the option based on your budget.
- White mixers look better than steel chrome counterparts. They are not visible stains, drops, their color is more pleasant for users.
- These products are highly praised by professional craftsmen and ordinary customers.
- Such devices look great with chrome trim. This gives them a special elegance, allows you to successfully fit into any design of the bathroom.
- Depending on the model of the product, they can be used for sinks of any size and shape. Due to the white color, they successfully combine with sinks of different colors.
- Mixers can have special nozzles in contrasting tones. So you can make them a complement to any color background of the bathroom.
- In most cases, they are resistant to mechanical damage. During operation, no scratches or chips are formed on the surfaces.
- Due to the white color, time for cleaning from dirt is saved. Unlike steel counterparts, they do not need to be washed every day to get rid of lime stains.
With a host of advantages, white mixers have several disadvantages.
- White color stamps. Lime is not visible on it, but rusty water and dirt will be noticeable.
- White color may turn yellow over time.
All varieties of white bathroom faucets can be divided into two types:
- box-mounted cranes;
- single lever.
Each type of device has its own characteristics. Two-valve mixers are a traditional version of the device. Outwardly, it is a classic type of device with two control valves located on both sides of the spout. One of the taps provides hot water, the second is responsible for cold. Such designs are simple and reliable.
The axleboxes have two modifications; they are valve and with a ceramic valve. The advantage of such systems is the ability to replace parts that are out of order. However, they are characterized by some inefficiency. Often, the residual water continues to flow for several seconds after you close the tap.
Single-grip varieties are supplanting classic options today. Having 1 lever, they perfectly control the flow rate and temperature of the supplied water. May have a removable cartridge with easy replacement.
In other models, instead of a cartridge, there is a hollow ball with figured holes in which water flows of different temperatures are mixed. Typically, such a mixer may be centered, above or below the spout. Less often, it is located on the side.
Other varieties include models with thermostatic adjustment. These are devices with a thermostat, which is responsible for the intensity of the water pressure. The desired temperature is set and maintained automatically. The principle of operation of such mixers is based on a heat-sensitive element. Such devices are convenient, but if the house is constantly interrupted by hot water, they block the flow of cold water.
An interesting solution is devices with electronics. Such management today is only part of everyday life. However, the non-contact action allows the photosensor to be triggered when a hand is presented in a particular sector. When they are removed, the water supply stops. Such devices are also with touch control.
The mixer may have a display with temperature settings. Work is carried out by touching the display or the case of the device itself.
Subtleties of choice
To choose a really good faucet in white, it is important to familiarize yourself with the recommendations of specialists.
- Do not buy products made of silumin (an alloy of aluminum with silicon). It has no ductility, it is quite fragile and susceptible to oxygen corrosion, does not withstand high pressure and will quickly leak.
- Pay attention to the stainless steel version: such a mixer will work properly for at least 10 years. For confidence in its quality, ask the seller for a manufacturer’s certificate. If not, the product will not last more than 3 years.
- You can buy an option from brass or bronze. However, in order not to be deceived by an unscrupulous seller, look inside the faucet. If you notice a reddish or yellowish color, then this is a copper product.
- Mixers made of plastic are not very expensive. But to recommend them for sale is difficult. They are not able to compete with metal counterparts, have a shorter service life and cannot be repaired.
When buying a bathroom faucet, pay attention to the convenience of the spout. If it is excessively short and motionless, this can complicate the operation. The device must be selected taking into account the parameters of the bowl of the sink.
At the end of the crane there is a divider (aerator). Ask the seller about it. Due to this filter, the outgoing water flow acquires softness and oxygen saturation. It saves water, makes the flow sufficient even with a small pressure. As it becomes clogged, it must be replaced.
Choose convenient appliances without sharp decorative elements. Do not forget about safety rules. In addition, consider the nuance: not all cascading models can hold paint for a long time. This is characteristic of chrome products without white color: over time, water will leave streaks of rust.
Carefully inspect the mixer model. It may vary in the number of holes to be installed. Remember: the classics can have 1, 2 and 3. In this case, under the spout and two taps they make different holes. The type of installation also differs, which, in addition to the traditional one, can be wall-mounted. Ask the store for the option you want, and then choose from the available models.
Give preference to products of trusted companies with good recommendations from professional craftsmen. For example, you can look at the products of the company Paini Sky. Do not trust the choice of little-known companies without an appropriate guarantee and the necessary equipment for connecting to the water supply. As a rule, such products do not work for more than 1-2 years.
In order not to make a mistake, carefully look at the name: 1-2 letters may differ for a fake. The choice of texture depends on your own preferences. However, masters believe that it is better to buy a matte mixer. It looks more expensive, steam and water mask better.
White mixers are marked by a lot of positive customer reviews. This is evidenced by the numerous responses left on the forums dedicated to decorating bathrooms. The comments indicate that they are visually nicer than chromed counterparts, successfully fit into the overall interior and work no worse than conventional products.
Review on the white bathroom faucet IMPRESE LESNA 10070W.