Upholstered chairs with armrests are furniture that is currently chosen by many. Sitting on them is much more convenient than on ordinary models. When decorating such chairs, various interesting materials are often used, which makes such furniture original, unusual.
A chair with soft upholstery and armrests combines the comfort of a chair with the mobility and compactness of a regular chair. The soft seat, armrests and backrest allow you to take a comfortable, relaxing posture and feel comfortable for a long time.
Thanks to these advantages, such furniture has gained great popularity among consumers.
However, such models are not suitable in all cases. Because of the armrests, the seat is limited, which is not very convenient for people with curvaceous. If you do not have such people in your family, please note that they may be among the guests. The chair-chair is not suitable if the room is too small. Similar models take up a lot of space.
Such furniture by design has various seat and backrest upholstery. The product is soft due to the fact that various softening materials are added to the casing. More flexible surfaces are obtained through the use of springs. There are different models of such chairs, and each has certain features.
Armrests are different:
- hard, without soft upholstery;
- semi-soft, with foam pads;
- soft, with the same filler as the seat and back.
The backs are also found different: sheathed in leather, textile, hard (solid, openwork). They differ in tilt angles.
Among the most common models can be identified:
- A chair-chair with a low back and soft leather upholstery. Such models are laconic. In such furniture, chrome metal supports are often provided.
- Upholstered chairs made of wood, which can be attributed to the classical style. Upholstery - textiles with a beautiful pattern, velor, velvet. Such furniture is decorated with curly backs, curved legs.
Placement in the interior
Living room, kitchen
Chairs differ from each other by materials for the frame, decoration, dimensions. The most popular can be called such models:
- Classic woodwork with armrests. The backs and seats are decorated with drawings, upholstered in beautiful fabric, such as velvet. Additional decorative elements can be Swarovski crystals, buttons. Similar chairs can also be decorated with wood carvings.
- High bar stools with armrests. Since bar stools usually do not have armrests, such models are considered non-standard, but many still appreciate the unusualness and convenience of such products.
- Solid wood furniture. Such chairs look solidly, luxuriously. To create such products, manufacturers usually choose an array of walnut, beech, oak. An elegant plain fabric is most often used as upholstery material.
- Models from other materials. Manufacturers also offer soft chairs made of plastic, rattan, folding options.
Chairs with armrests are chosen not only for residential, but also for workrooms, because such furniture is comfortable. As a rule, for offices and offices they choose models with rough fabric or leather upholstery, furniture on a metal frame. Such products are concise, fairly simple, but for the work environment this is exactly what you need.
In addition, furniture on a metal frame is characterized by high performance and durability.
Today, manufacturers offer a variety of models of upholstered chairs with armrests, so you can easily find the option that fits perfectly into the interior of the apartment. As noted earlier, the classic style is ideal wooden furniture, decorated with luxurious fabrics and various decorative elements. This model can be purchased for the living room, bedroom.
Stylish models, decorated with eco-leather or velvet, will be ideally combined with the styles of the Renaissance, Empire. A suitable option for a loft, modernist style is furniture covered with chenille, flock or jacquard, and also characterized by soft lines of forms.
A chair with armrests can become the highlight of the room, a bright spot that attracts the eye, or "merge" with the interior, emphasize it. It all depends on the design features of the room, the specific model and the goals that you pursue.
Currently, the production of chairs with armrests is carried out in many countries:
- Russia. There are a lot of domestic products on the market, most of them are durable and of high quality.
- China. The range of models from manufacturers from this country is also very wide, there are chairs of various colors and designs. The quality is different: it all depends on the materials used. Choosing the right option, focus on the price. Quality products are rarely too cheap.
- In the Philippines , the best woven patterns are made. They are created from rattan.
- Italians provide the elegance of furniture; many products are decorated with carvings. There are also models created in the Art Nouveau style: they differ in interesting forms, unusual appearance.
- In England, create wooden chairs that can be attributed to the classical style.
- French manufacturers tend to translate into reality very interesting design ideas. Usually their chairs have low backs, comfortable wide seats.
How to choose?
If you are planning to purchase a chair, appreciate its comfort. Such furniture should be comfortable, and not only differ in aesthetic appearance. Of course, there are designer models that are created primarily to decorate the interior, but usually chairs are used constantly.
Sitting on an armchair, you can squeeze your legs under you, easily tilt your head, even take a nap. Upholstered chair with armrests, of course, is not so comfortable, usually the seat of such models is less deep and narrower. However, you should still be as comfortable as possible, because such furniture (in contrast to chairs) is in children's, dining areas, workrooms. People spend a lot of time on these chairs.
Furniture should be ergonomic, it is a matter of well-being and health. Sit on a chair, appreciate its comfort and only then decide on a purchase.
See the following video for an overview of the soft chair with armrests.