Do not take the decoration of the guest room lightly. The design of this area of the room should be carried out competently, especially if the main part of the house is dressed in an elegant and luxurious interior. The appearance of this location affects the overall appearance of the house. Further in the article we will talk about the design of a guest room in a private house. Consider the rules for creating a comfortable and stylish atmosphere.
The guest room is a separate and isolated area designed for comfortable accommodation of guests. In this location there should be everything necessary for a complete pastime. You can draw an analogy with a hotel room. It doesn’t really matter where the separate room is for guests. On the basis of private houses, they are most often equipped on the basement or attic.
Most often in this room there is a lack of lighting. It is rarely used, and therefore owners of the house leave well-lit areas for themselves. When decorating this location, it is necessary to compensate for this drawback, especially if the room is located on the basement. Installing large windows and artificial light sources will cope with this problem.
When decorating a miniature room, you need to know what should be in it:
- Sleeping place is a bed or sofa. If the room is tiny, a folding chair will do.
- Work zone. A desk for working with documents, modern technology and more. It can also be used for eating.
- A place to store things. A wardrobe and several shelves are required.
- Also, do not forget to place a mirror and a clothes hanger in the room.
If the task is to design a small room, designers strongly recommend making a choice in favor of modular cabinet furniture. This is a practical and convenient option for limited space. With proper placement in the room there is a place for everything.
Furniture without a frame is also perfect. The bag chair takes up little space, weighs a little and can be freely carried from place to place. A modern alternative to standard seating.
A wall with spacious and open shelves is a practical and stylish solution for compact rooms. This piece of furniture can be used to store dishes, personal items, books and much more.
Do not overdo it with the amount of furniture. Install only the most necessary: bed (sofa), table and chair, wardrobe. If there is a place, you can put a bedside table, an armchair.
For decorating miniature rooms, it is better to choose stylistics based on conciseness and restraint. The most popular of them are minimalism, hi-tech, Japanese style. These areas are characterized by a calm, gentle and neutral color scheme.
Each style has a characteristic color palette, but we must not forget about the important aspect - the size of the room. It's no secret that for the design of small rooms you need to opt for a light finish. This color must be considered when choosing furniture, curtains and other elements.
A large room allows you to choose any style. A spacious guest room can be decorated in luxurious classic styles: classicism, baroque, rococo, modern and others. For the above-mentioned styles, elite furniture of the highest quality is chosen. Classical directions are an excellent base for placing a huge number of stylish and luxurious decorative objects: lamps, paintings, figurines and other things.
In a free location you can install a lot of furniture for comfortable accommodation of guests. Furniture items are best installed in the corners of the room and along the walls. The space allows, in addition to the sleeping and working areas, to equip a mini-kitchen and much more. You can also equip the sanitary zone by separating it from the room with the help of partitions made of glass, drywall or other material.
In the large guest room, a large lamp located in the center will luxuriously look. A luxurious crystal chandelier with pendants looks especially luxurious. This is a standard device for the classic direction. To illuminate darker corners, small LED lights are additionally used.
The working area is a kind of cabinet in the room. To equip this location you will need a desk or computer desk, chair and artificial light source, especially if this area is far from the window.
In order not to litter the space, the sleeping area is not separated from the working part by walls. All this harmoniously exists in one room. If desired, you can use a small partition that will create visual zoning.
- Stylish and practical design of the guest room. The photo shows how the sleeping place, work area and miniature relaxation area in the corner are successfully combined. The image clearly demonstrates a well thought out design using a soft color palette: beige, brown, white, gray.
- The second example of such decoration. As a zoning, a partition was used. It also serves as open shelves. The palette is restrained and pleasant.
- Minimalist airy and bright guest room. Stylish and sleek design.
- Spacious and sophisticated finishes in a classic style. All items in the interior are in harmony with each other.
- The design of the guest room should be combined with the design of the rest of the house and the entrance leading to this room.
- The best color palette is pastel and moderate colors. They do not irritate the eyes and contribute to peace. In such a room, any guest will be pleased to be.
- You should not forget about bright colors. Without colorful accents, the design will be boring and faded.
- Take care of enough storage compartments and hangers.
- No guest items should be stored in guest-based furniture.
- The dresser can replace the cabinet, but in this case, equip the room with additional hooks for clothes.
- The idea of placing fresh flowers in the room must be abandoned. This is an extra chore.
- Consider the guest’s leisure while he is indoors. Place a bookshelf with interesting literature in the room, prepare a selection of films and music, put several new magazines on the table.
- Remember to equip the right number of outlets.
In the next video you will find 5 tips for creating comfort in the guest bedroom.