Headphones have long and firmly entered our lives. They are equally easy to use both indoors and outdoors. But not everyone thinks how to wear your favorite gadgets. But in a hurry, wearing headphones can create many problems: from poor sound to medical diagnoses.
Why is it important to wear headphones properly?
The invention of headphones brought special comfort and vivid emotions to our everyday life. It's nice to hear your favorite music everywhere: on the street, in a store, in transport. It is important that sounds do not bother anyone. The young population of the planet firmly “grown together” with gadgets and did not immediately notice the onset of problems. It turns out that such a small and useful item can destroy our health if used incorrectly.
Judge for yourself - the human ear is capable of perceiving sounds up to 90 decibels, and the volume of many headphones is designed for 130 decibels.
If you listen to music loudly and for a long time, the load falls on the eardrums and deprives them of sensitivity. A young man acquires hearing loss.
There is another problem associated with wearing headphones incorrectly. This is their loss of ears. Gadgets are often put on in a hurry. If they do not tightly occupy the ear canal, noise reduction may decrease, sound quality may deteriorate, and eartips may fall out.
If the gadget falls out, you can pay attention to the lining model with a hook. It allows you to tightly fit the earphone in the ear opening due to additional fastening.
It is also important to choose the right size of ear pads for vacuum headphones. Manufacturers offer different products: small, medium, large. It is better to start testing with the average option, since it is designed for the average user. If the headphones are uncomfortable, you should listen to your feelings:
- the earbud bursts into the ear canal - which means a smaller product size is needed;
- the gadget is weakly felt - a larger nozzle is needed.
Owners of a small auricle may not fit headphones with multiple speakers, as they are larger than models that contain one speaker. Correctly selected size of the product will create comfortable conditions for wearing it and will not bring harm to health.
The conditions for proper wearing include the selection of the shape of the headphones. It should coincide with the anatomical features of the ear.
This will allow you to best integrate the gadget into the auditory canal. More demanding users can order the so-called custom. For such headphones, ear pads are made in the form of an impression of the owner’s auricle. They will ideally sit in the ears, but they will not succeed in letting their friends vilify them. And one more minus: custom headphones are very expensive, but they are worn endlessly and have an original design.
Pay attention to the material from which the ear pads for headphones (silicone, foam) are made. PVC models fit more tightly into the ear canal, which improves sound quality. But silicone products will sit more comfortably, since they are more pliable and take the desired shape. In addition, silicone is an anti-slip material, which helps to fix the gadget well in the ear canal even while running.
The most inexpensive nozzles include sponge products, they also do their job perfectly, sit tight in the ears and have a reliable grip with the headphones. Properly selected material will make the presence of gadgets in your ears invisible and improve the perception of sound.
Ear pads for headphones with a headband are very different from in-ear products, but they perform the same functions. On-ear headphones are also important to wear correctly. If they close their ears tightly, this affects the productive performance of the speakers and good absorption of external noise. Small headphones that cover only the auricle are best chosen from soft foam with a memory effect. Large items covering the entire head should be tight, made of a material that holds its shape well.
Another point is related to the proper use of headphones - this is the periodic replacement of worn ear pads. The pads that have served their time, do not sit well in the ear canal, pass noise, reduce the effectiveness of the speakers and become hazardous to health, as bacteria accumulate over time.
So, for the favorable use of headphones, you need to choose a comfortable size, shape, material of the product, and also be able to wear it correctly.
Signs of improper wearing
The improper wearing and use of headphones does not pass without a trace for their owner. The health effects can be very different:
- constantly listening to loud music directed directly to the ear canals, you can lose your hearing;
- hearing loss is also associated with the formation of plugs resulting from pushing sulfur into the ear canals (this happens during sharp putting on the earbuds);
- if the headphones are not worn correctly, headaches often occur;
- a person begins to feel weak and overworked;
- discomfort from wearing an unsuccessful gadget leads to irritability;
- for those who do not periodically change the ear pads, signs of an infectious rash may appear in the ear opening.
Improper wearing of headphones also affects the technical component of the process:
- when the gadget is loose, extraneous external noise is heard;
- the musical sound loses its depth, especially the lower notes (bass).
How to wear?
It is impossible to unequivocally answer the question of how to wear headphones. These products are diverse: some are installed in the ear canal (vacuum, earbuds), others are put on top of the ears and held by a jumper on the head (overhead). Methods of donning for different types of gadgets are not the same.
Vacuum earphones differ from earbuds (droplets) in a more snug fit due to special pads. Both of them are introduced into the ear canal, and the methods of putting them on are very similar. It happens as follows:
- standard in-ear headphones are inserted at right angles, the wire of inverted models is placed behind the ear;
- the product should be introduced without haste, smoothly, without trying to shove it as deep as possible so as not to provoke ear plugs;
- when the earphone is practically inserted, the earlobe is slightly pulled down with the second hand, helping the product to firmly take its place.
- you should also take out the gadget calmly, without haste, otherwise the pad may slip and get stuck in your ear, and removing it is not easy: you may need outside help.
With the correct introduction of the headphones, the sound will be loud, full, without the penetration of extraneous noise.
It is not always convenient to wear headphones with the wire down. Classic gadgets often drop out under cable pressure. The solution is a simple solution: turn the earpiece so that the wire is at the top and from there goes down behind the auricle.
For asymmetric gadgets with different wire lengths, the cable is wound around the neck. In this position, it becomes less noticeable.
Some owners of the Earpods product (iPhone) wonder why the headphones fall out. Apple products have always been original, it manifested itself in this model. For a more accurate adjustment, the company produced headphones for each specific ear:
- left - for the left;
- right - for the right.
You should carefully look at the device case: the letter L or R should be marked on it. If you do not confuse the concepts of “left” and “right”, the headphones can be worn without complaints.
This type of product is endowed with advanced functionality. The headphones are equipped with a control panel fixed to the wire, as well as a call reception key. This kit is nothing new, but Apple went further and gave its device additional options:
- the central key is associated with receiving a call, pause and start a sound;
- To go to the track (back and forth), you need to double-click the left or right key;
- Rewind includes two presses plus holding the key: right - to move forward, left - backward.
Advanced headphone options make it easy to control your player.
How to wear on the street?
The mass walk in the headphones on the streets began not so long ago. The two thousandth years were marked by the rapid spread of mobile communications, everyone had phones, and with them the need to listen to music on the go. Running around the streets with on-ear headphones is not very convenient, but the earbuds immediately solved the problem. The first models looked like barrels. Over time, manufacturers began to model products taking into account the anatomical structure of the ear, and in addition to offer ear pads of different sizes.
Unfortunately, using gadgets outside the home carries a certain danger. It’s not easy to hear the environment with headphones; moreover, the music absorbs attention and does not allow you to concentrate on your movement.
If you want to stay with your favorite tunes constantly, you should adhere to some rules.
- Crossing the road, it’s better to remove the headphones, as the sound of music in the ears leads to a loss of vigilance and can result in an emergency.
- When cycling on roads, it is better to abandon the headset altogether.
- Severe frost can cause brittle wires that break easily when carelessly moved. To avoid the problem, it is better to hide the cable under clothes, and cover the inserts with a cap.
- If the wire interferes while walking the streets, droplets can be turned over. The cable that is on top should be placed behind the auricle and moved to the neck.
- In winter, it is more convenient to switch to wearing overhead gadgets: they are worn over a knitted hat, the sound does not decrease. And if the winter is not too frosty, you can completely abandon the hat, replacing it with headphones with fur pads.
- When there are no strangers nearby who can interfere with music, it is better to hang large on-ear headphones around your neck and make the sound louder. This use of gadgets allows the ear canals to take a break from the directional effects of sound vibrations.
- Leaving the house with headphones, do not forget about the style of clothing. Overhead is not suitable for a business suit; here you will need an inconspicuous headset, hidden under clothes. But the informal outfit of a teenager or sports equipment will look good with bright overhead gadgets.
In order for the headphones to last for a long time and not create problems, there are a number of recommendations for their operation:
- do not make sudden movements while removing the earbud from the ear, as this can lead to damage to the gadget or injury to the auricle with your own nails;
- intra-channel devices are individual items of use, therefore, they should not be given for wear to strangers;
- if the devices with which there were no problems before began to fall out of your ears, then it's time to change the ear pads, as they are worn out;
- To better control the situation on the street, you should choose open-type headphones;
- the flat cable of vacuum gadgets is more wear-resistant, and you need to pay attention to this when choosing a product;
- if the wire interferes, you can use a special clip to help fix it in a convenient place;
- for owners of long hair it is easier to thread a cable under the hair, here they will act as a retainer.
For many, headphones have become part of everyday life. Despite the threat to health, today no one will refuse such a comfortable thing. Following simple rules, you can listen to texts and music without harm to yourself.
How to put on custom headphones, you will learn further.