It’s very difficult to quickly put a blanket into a duvet cover: you have to fiddle with a crumpled and tangled canvas for a long time to find the necessary ends. Sometimes for this you need to try hard, straightening all the folds of the bulk product. If the female half successfully copes with this, men, not wanting to burden themselves, cost one blanket without using a cover. This approach to the design of the bed eliminates the hygiene of the rest.
To understand how to quickly fill a blanket in a duvet cover, you need to know some nuances.
A bit of history
A duvet cover as an element of bedding appeared in the middle of the twentieth century. Until that time, it was replaced by a sheet, although often it was not used. The product was inaccessible: it was made from expensive fabrics, so the rich used it. Half a century later, the duvet cover began to appear in the homes of the poor.
The cost of such models and the quality of the material differed markedly from high-class counterparts.
Duvet Cover Sizes
Blankets can have standard sizes and adapted to the dimensions of the berth. Most often, the dimensions are dictated by GOST, options prepared at home may not adhere to generally accepted standards. The dimensions of the duvet covers are adjusted to the parameters of the blankets.
All varieties of accessories are divided into four lines:
- Single. 75x180 cm is the smallest size in this category. The width of the duvet cover varies up to 120 cm, the height is usually about 190 cm. Among all brothers, this accessory is less in demand: its width is not comfortable for an adult to sleep (it is more appropriate for a teenager).
- One and a half. 155x215 cm - a popular and frequently encountered "one and a half" size. 140x205 cm - Russian size according to GOST. This duvet cover is more comfortable and is a popular pastel accessory.
- Double (family). The category includes models for two and the Euro parameters (175x205, 195x215, 220x240, 240x260 cm).
- Children’s. 110x140 cm, 125x150 cm - adapted to the size of cots. “Teenage” size - 143x210 cm, 150x200 cm.
Each line includes a lot of sizes, which allows the buyer to choose a blanket cover as accurately as possible. When buying, take into account the size of a particular product, although ideally, the duvet cover should be at least a couple of centimeters more (it sits down after washing).
Some brands take this nuance into account, adding a few centimeters to the length and width of the product.
Types of duvet covers
This important little thing provides hygiene, a comfortable sleep and makes the blanket warmer. It protects the blanket from dust and dirt. In addition to standard varieties, there are two-sided variations, the upper and lower sides of which are the same, so the product can be turned over on either side if desired.
Varieties of models include options that have:
- The bottom section (Russian manufacturing standard) is a popular type of duvet cover, characterized by convenience and the possibility of bilateral use. The model is easy to put on using certain tricks, but it has a minus: if there is no fastener, the blanket strives to leave the duvet cover.
- A side cut is a popular version of a baby blanket in which the blanket does not fall out of the case. A variation from European countries, it is difficult to put on, while the cover hides the entire blanket (if the sizes are selected correctly, there is no risk of the warm blanket falling out).
- The cut in the middle is the Soviet version with a square, rectangular, diamond-shaped hole or a narrow strip in the center. It is one of the most difficult to refuel products, and also involves the use of only one side.
Such varieties are now a thing of the past, giving way to more mobile counterparts.
Each type of duvet cover has its own easy pulling methods.
Ease is achieved with frequent training and the use of life hacks:
- Standard - a method of refueling known to everyone, in which each corner is inserted separately. Suitable for a cut in the middle. To facilitate the mission, a blanket is placed in the center of the slot, monitoring the coincidence of the corners of the blanket and the duvet cover. A method unloved by the housewives, since the corners are spreading out, the blanket is confused, the help of another person or clamps are required, which takes a lot of time.
- “Pillowcase” - a blanket is spread on the bed, then the duvet cover is turned on the wrong side. Poking hands from the inside to the corners of the duvet cover, grab the corners of the blanket from the narrow side. After that, they pull the blanket over themselves, unfold the duvet cover in the likeness of the pillowcase on the pillow and shake it. It remains to twist the two remaining corners, straighten and shake the blanket.
The method is suitable for seams on the bottom and side of the duvet cover, (there will be difficulties with the side seam if the blanket is large and heavy).
- “Sausage” is a life hack of Internet spaces from the “catch in 60 seconds” category, which surprises with its simplicity, ease and has a little trick. The duvet cover, turned inside out, is spread out on the bed, a blanket is laid on top. Starting from the side without a hole, roll up the roll. Holding the corners, they turn out the duvet cover to put on the resulting sausage, after which they unwind and shake. Life hack is suitable for a model of a duvet cover with a slit from the bottom. The mission is difficult if the incision is small.
This life hack is also suitable for a case with a hole in the middle, but it will be more difficult to fill it. Here you need to wind up two "sausages" to the center and deploy each one after the other
- "Rhombus" - a method for models with a hole in the center in the form of a rhombus or square. First, a duvet cover is laid on the bed, covering it with a blanket. Two corners are tucked on the narrow side, the other half of the blanket is pushed into the hole further away. It remains to grab the tucked corners and shake the blanket. It is also possible that half of the duvet cover is turned inside out. In this case, grab the corners and twist. Next, carry out the procedure as in the previous method.
You can twist both sides by alternately putting them on the blanket. In this case, the duvet cover should lie with the hole down.
- “Sidewall” is a method in which a blanket is rolled into a pipe where the narrow side is considered the beginning. The resulting bundle is threaded into the side opening of the duvet cover. Free corners combine with the corners of the duvet cover and shake. If the blanket is heavy, you can help yourself with clothespins or office clips.
Few people know, but the reason for the difficult pulling of the blanket into the cover may be the duvet cover material, as well as non-compliance with the parameters of both pastel accessories. We often scold sellers for the production of non-standard products, not paying attention to the dimensions, and are sincerely surprised that the blanket does not want to fit inside the cover.
To simplify the process of putting on a duvet cover, to save nerve cells, it is worth taking a few simple tips:
- Use natural fabrics. When screwing in, the synthetics will be magnetized, which will slow down the process - the duvet cover will begin to stick to the blanket, rewarding the user with a discharge of static electricity.
- Buy the sizes correctly, observing the parameters of the blanket. Elements must correspond to each other: the small size will crumple and create lumps; in a large duvet cover, the blanket will “get lost” and tangled up. In this case, rest can not be as comfortable as possible.
- Do not hurry. On the first try, using life hacks can be difficult. It is worth practicing to easily get used to them and put on a duvet cover quickly. If for the first time it can take you a few minutes, after a couple of attempts you will meet the promised 30-60 seconds.
- Fix the twisted product. If your children or you are active in a dream, a blanket packed in a duvet cover will quickly look like a shapeless lump in a bag. Various methods are provided for fixing (for example, ribbons that bind together), but they should not be extreme (pins or metal clips are not allowed).
- Choose a model with a clasp. Better than other varieties of duvet covers with a zipper. So the blanket will not come out of its cover, adding inconvenience to users. If the fastener is represented by buttons, fasten them at an angle (so that they look inside the duvet cover). This will help you get rid of the unpleasant cold and pressure of buttons, sticking feet and fingers in the hole of the duvet cover. Another modern type of fastener - buttons, they are convenient due to the internal location.
- Convenience. To facilitate the process of putting on, smooth out the duvet cover with an iron - this is both disinfection and smoothness. Or just shake it well, turn it out so that it is easier to thread and handle the process of pulling.
Fans of filling blankets in duvet covers are hard to find. However, there are those who have adapted using simple methods to easy lifting. Today, simple and easy bursting of blankets into a duvet cover is available even to men.
Thanks to the simple life hacks, you can pack a blanket quickly and simply, without spending a lot of time and nerves.
You can also find out how to quickly and easily fill a blanket in a duvet cover from the video below.