Good sleep is very important for human health, and for general well-being, and for mood. Therefore, a comfortable stay is extremely important. And if extraneous noise is not always possible to eliminate, silicone ear plugs will come to the rescue. It is worth knowing how to choose them correctly.
Silicone ear plugs are products in the form of cones. They are hypoallergenic, elastic and soft. You can use them repeatedly. Simply rinse with warm water and wipe dry, you can treat with alcohol. Silicone is used sheet or thermoplastic . The first type is more wear-resistant, but they are selected only by the shape of the ear. But the second kind is soft and can take any form. Anatomical earplugs can be made to order, providing all the necessary sizes for this.
Products typically provide noise absorption in the range of 20-40 decibels . Even if they are very comfortable, and they are not felt, doctors do not recommend getting involved in them. Sleeping with earplugs in your ears every day is not worth it.
Due to addiction, it will then be impossible to sleep even with a slight noise background.
It is better to use them in certain situations. These include:
- long journey by plane, train or bus;
- if the windows are open in the summer, and the station or airport is nearby, therefore, the beeps of trains and the noise of aircraft prevent sleep;
- if you need daytime sleep, and the neighbors decided to listen to music or drive a nail into the wall;
- if any member of the family snores severely.
Criterias of choice
To choose the right ear plugs, a number of factors must be considered.
- The material . Earplugs are made of different materials, for example, from wax, foam, polyurethane. But the most popular silicone, because they are made of plastic material.
- Degree of elasticity. This factor plays an important role, because the denser the product fits inside the auricle, the better the sound is absorbed. In addition, comfort depends on this, and this is very important for sleep.
- The softness of the product . Earplugs should be soft so that they do not press anywhere, do not rub the skin, and do not cause irritation.
- Safety This factor is also worth paying attention to. And here, too, silicone options win. They are easily processed with warm water, alcohol, peroxide, and hygiene is very important.
- Simplicity of operation. Comfortable earplugs are those that fit easily into your ear and fit snugly without creating empty space. They should not protrude much over the edge of the ear, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to sleep.
- Noise protection. For sleep, experts recommend using options with protection up to 35 decibels. It is believed that this is enough for sleep.
- For someone, the manufacturer may also matter . In this case, it is worth paying to those who have already proven themselves on the best side in the production of these products. These include companies such as Hush, Ohropax, Alpine Niderlands, Moldex, Calmor, Travel Dream.
Features of use
In order for nothing to disturb sleep and rest was comfortable, you need to insert earplugs correctly. To do this, with one hand you need to slightly pull the earlobe, and with the other insert a plug in the ear. At the same time, you need to gently squeeze it with your fingers, inside the auricle it will take the desired shape. Do not try to push ear plugs as far as possible. If they are made of quality material and correctly inserted, they will not fall out anyway. After sleep, they are also easily removed from the ears.
You need to take the edge of the gag, squeeze it slightly with your fingers and pull it out of your ear.
Reusable earplugs can be used up to a year. The main thing is to properly clean them so as not to infect. To do this, take a cotton pad, moisten in an alcohol solution and wipe. Or wash under running water with soap and rub. Earplugs should be stored in a special box or bag, so they will not become dusty, will not get dirty and will not be lost. If the earplugs protrude too far beyond the edge of the ear, they can be cut to fit your size. Since they are quite soft, such manipulation is easy to do with clean, sharp scissors.
For tips on choosing an ear plug, see below.