Cleaning service employees do not do without household gloves. They are also necessary for housewives. During cleaning and doing other household chores, contact with dirt and various chemicals is inevitable. Gloves help protect the delicate skin of the hands from the negative effects and prolong its youth. Today, the range of such products includes several varieties. Products differ in materials, design, purpose. About how to choose the appropriate option, our article will tell.
According to GOST, household gloves are a means of personal protection of hands during household work. This can be cleaning (daily or general), repairs, measures to improve the personal plot, planting and caring for plants, etc.
Products repeat the shape of the hands , allow you to freely take any objects, hold the tool. They protect the skin from pollution, which is especially important in the presence of scratches (the material prevents the development of infection). Also, such protection is important for people with sensitive skin, because in contact with detergents, some may have allergic reactions. Do not ignore the use of such products for women who want to prevent dry skin and premature aging.
It is important to remember that any household gloves are not designed to work with potent chemicals, industrial oils, solvents, gasoline and other hazardous substances. They can not protect from the effects of sharp objects.
- From natural rubber (latex). These are thin elastic products that retain finger sensitivity. They are tear resistant, but they are easy to cut or puncture with a sharp object. Material quickly deteriorates on contact with chemicals, so such models can quickly fail.
Latex products are suitable for working with water (washing dishes, fruits and vegetables, surface wet cleaning). They can also be used during work with paint.
- From artificial rubber (nitrile, vinyl). Nitrile and vinyl products are more durable and wear resistant. This is achieved by adding artificial fibers to the material. Such products better tolerate the effects of aggressive chemicals, mechanical effects. In this case, sensitivity is lost. In addition, such products are not too elastic. However, artificial models are better suited for washing floors, cleaning plumbing. You can use them in garden work (when spraying with fertilizers, planting and moving crops around the site, weeding, harvesting, etc.).
To improve ease of use, cotton spraying is applied to the inner surface of such products. Such a fluffy substrate minimizes skin irritation and avoids direct contact with rubber.
- Silicone In a separate category include gloves-sponges made of silicone, designed for washing dishes. On the inside of such products is something like a brush made of the same material. Thanks to the silicone “hedgehog”, the user can completely abandon the use of familiar sponges. Elastic villi create a large amount of foam from a detergent, perfectly cleaning dishes from grease and dirt.
- Textile. Knitted (cotton) products with spot PVC coating are designed for "dry" use. They are suitable for cleaning construction debris, carpentry, repairs, warehousing and loading, they are useful in contact with the ground in the garden, when caring for indoor plants. Such protective equipment is often used in production, in the field of construction, auto mechanics, installation.
Models made of cotton fabric prevent the appearance of corns and scratches, protect against pollution and, to some extent, from mechanical damage (depending on the density and class of the product). They provide good adhesion to objects, allow the skin to "breathe", do not constrain movement due to its elasticity. Such gloves usually last a long time and fully justify their moderate cost.
The only drawback is that knitwear is not designed to come in contact with water or other liquids. In addition, in the absence of PVC spraying, the degree of protection of such models is markedly reduced.
All household gloves can be divided into several groups according to their purpose:
- plumbing - made of artificial rubber with a high cuff height, the most dense products;
- for room cleaning - nitrile and vinyl models with cotton spraying;
- for washing dishes - products from natural and artificial rubber, silicone;
- for cooking (washing fruits and vegetables, processing meat, fish, mushrooms) - models made of natural rubber;
- for "dry" work - fabric products;
- for the garden - rubber and knitted models (the type of gloves is selected depending on the type of work).
Which is better to choose?
When choosing household gloves, several key aspects should be considered.
- Destination . Think about what you will come in contact with - water, dust or earth. The choice of material depends on this.
- Size . Gloves should sit comfortably on their hands, without falling off or exerting pressure. You can find out the size by looking at the packaging of the product.
- Cuff length . Rubber products may have different lengths. The larger this parameter, the higher the level of protection. However, do not forget that a long cuff can slightly hamper the movement.
- Color . The color range of rubber and silicone products is very wide. These are black models and bright options (blue, green, yellow, pink). The choice depends on personal taste.
- Manufacturer Many buyers prefer Japanese products. However, among Russian manufacturers there are also worthy firms.
For tips on choosing household gloves, see the next video.