Toolbox - a product designed to store screwdrivers, various wrenches, pliers, fasteners and other accessories. It provides the convenience of storing and moving various tools. A correctly selected product will last more than a dozen years.
A metal tool box is a vault having a rectangle-shaped case. Depending on the variation of execution, it may have compartments, partitions. Such products are used for the following purposes:
- for storage and carrying of household tools, accessories and various consumables;
- to equip professional workers with the necessary tools;
- for competent placement of fishing tackle.
The use of the box allows you to organize space, get quick access to the necessary tool. If the product with the lock is used in warehouses, garages and boxes, it will reduce the risks of unauthorized use of tools.
Some models have a cover. Boxes with lids can extend the life of the tools, because in them the working accessories are reliably protected from moisture and dust due to the tight-fitting panel.
There are several varieties of tool boxes. Consider the most common and popular.
- Household boxes (open or closed box). The simplest rectangular or square products, which are a container with four walls and a bottom that are interconnected.
They can be equipped with a hinged or removable lid, have a lock or carry handle.
- A set of boxes. Products that include multiple drawers. Sliding models allow you to store many different types of tools. Most often these are non-portable options.
- Boxes, suitcases. These are cases with a handle that can be fully opened. In such "suitcases" there are 2 or 3 compartments, grooves and holders for small hand tools.
- Containers - products that visually resemble chests. They can be produced in various sizes. Small portable variations are equipped with a handle, larger modifications are equipped with wheels and a telescope handle.
- Folding products. In another way they are called transformers. When assembled, such structures have the shape of a rectangle. Inside them are paired trays that connect the flat lining. Thanks to the folding drawer, you can group tools and other work accessories into categories.
- Drawers Most often, products are used in locksmith workshops. These are dimensional options with wheels for ease of movement. Their advantages include good roominess and the ability to group tools. Among the shortcomings, their overall size and severity are distinguished, because of which the products cannot be moved to a long distance.
Drawer units are stationary models that are purchased for arranging garages or locksmiths.
Professional boxes are also on the market. These are expensive systems for storing and transporting power tools, fasteners, and other accessories.
Metal crates - strong and reliable storage for hand and power tools. For the manufacture of such products, various types of metal are used. Containers are made of stainless steel, aluminum and its alloy, iron or steel. Crates of different materials have certain characteristics.
The most popular tool storage containers include aluminum solutions. This metal is strong and durable. It is most often used in the manufacture of boxes due to lightness.
Much less often for these purposes, steel, iron and stainless steel are used.
Iron or steel box - a heavy construction designed to transport dimensional tools or electrical equipment. Such a product has sufficient rigidity in order to protect its contents from various mechanical influences.
Any metal boxes are coated with anti-corrosion compounds to protect them from premature rusting. It is worth considering that the protective film erases over time, which is why containers should be periodically restored. So they will last longer without losing aesthetics.
There are several popular tool box manufacturing companies. They mainly produce models from heavy-duty plastic. Metal structures can be found in the catalogs of the following companies.
- Stanley is an American brand. It produces reliable, strong and durable “boxes” with sections and compartments. Offers folding options.
- Haupa is a German company supplying luggage boxes with a different number of compartments and different sizes for professional or domestic use.
- Fit is a Canadian manufacturer of steel and plastic products for tool storage.
- Klauke is a company founded in 1879 in Germany. Among the wide range of products manufactured by the company there are durable and reliable steel cases.
- Kamasa-Tools is a Swedish manufacturer specializing in the production of various variations of tool boxes that can withstand heavy loads. Most models are able to transform, due to which they are characterized by increased functionality.
These manufacturers are considered the largest suppliers of metal boxes for storing electrical equipment and hand tools.
It does not matter for which tasks a tool box is purchased - for professional or household. In any case, it is necessary to approach responsibly to his choice. There are several nuances that you should consider before buying an aluminum box.
First of all, it is worth deciding on the following parameters.
- Sizes. The internal volume of the box will depend on the dimensions of the product. The larger the dimensions, the more tools will fit in the container.
- If you plan to store small parts, fasteners and other small accessories in a container, it is advisable to take a closer look at the variations with removable trays, organizers and compartments.
- If large models are purchased, it is important that they are equipped with wheels. Otherwise, difficulties may arise with the movement of structures. You need to choose products with a metal axis. The design, in which the wheels are fixed with plastic or plastic elements, is short-lived.
- It is preferable to choose a variation with a cover. It performs an important function - it reliably protects the contents of the tray from moisture, dust and other negative influences.
In addition, a handle is often placed on it, providing ease of movement.
When choosing an aluminum box, it is important to evaluate its appearance for mechanical damage. The product of good quality will not have dents, peeled or swollen paintwork.
In addition to visual assessment, you need to check the reliability of locks and covers - everything should work flawlessly. If there are difficulties when opening and closing the lid or locks, it is better to refuse to buy - such a product will not last long.
Tips for choosing a tool box in the video below.