A large bed is the decoration and central place of any bedroom. The interior of the entire room and comfort during sleep depend on the choice of this piece of furniture. One of the most popular models are double beds with a lifting mechanism.
Features, pros and cons
Functionality, reliability, a high level of comfort - all this is about a double bed with a lifting mechanism. It looks original, revitalizes the interior, gives it freshness and novelty.
A distinctive feature of the models is the lifting berth, for the transformation of which it is enough to pull the handle.
Advantages of the bed:
- Profitability. The beds have built-in drawers used to store bedding and seasonal items. Things can occupy the entire space under the bed, which allows you to significantly free the cabinets and shelves in the room for storing more important items.
- The original design. A transforming bed will fit well into a modern interior, and a wide range of products will allow you to choose furniture for any interior. Brands offer both minimalist models, deprived of decor, and decorated with carved elements, contrasting inserts, and ornaments.
- High strength. Models have a long service life, which depends on the quality of the raw materials used.
- Convenience. Quality products are equipped with orthopedic mattresses that provide a comfortable rest and maximum relaxation of the muscles and spine.
- Profitable price. Beds with a lifting mechanism have an affordable cost, if necessary, you can purchase a budget option for a small apartment.
Despite the variety of positive features of furniture, it is possible to distinguish individual negative models. The disadvantages include design features of individual mechanisms and mattresses. Cheap products can be difficult to fold out, have a short service life. The wooden frame has the ability to dry out, absorb moisture, however, this minus is neutralized by processing with special solutions and mixtures.
Upholstered furniture is distinguished by design features and external characteristics. Companies offer both standard direct models and those with an unusual configuration. Types of double beds with lift:
- Classical Such a transforming bed rises exclusively vertically, can be located on any side, lean against the wall or be in the middle of the room.
- Corner A practical solution for a narrow room. The headboard is located on both sides, because the model is placed purely against the wall.
- With side hoist. The model is suitable for installation against a wall, which saves free space. The berth is laid out to the side.
- Orthopedic. Bed equipped with a medical mattress. The model is chosen by those who have a backache, because the furniture provides support for the spine in a natural position.
Separately highlight children's models. They are small in size, however, fold out, like adult high beds. Thanks to the small height, the child will not fall, and its compactness allows you to place furniture in a confined space. In addition, products are made only from safe materials.
The choice of raw materials lies with the conscience of each particular manufacturer:
- Most often, wooden models are presented on the market, as they are durable, wear resistant and have a long service life. In addition, such products are easier to assemble and disassemble. European brands, as a rule, produce furniture from an array of valuable species of wood. Products of lower quality are created in the CIS and in Asia.
- To design exclusive models, natural stone can be used - this option looks elegant and very representative, however, it is not suitable for all interiors. As a decor, take metal elements, plastic. For upholstery, several types of materials are also taken.
- The leather base of the bed looks futuristic and suitable for modern interiors; models from eco-leather also stand out.
- Often used textiles. Fabric upholstery is presented in different color combinations; it can be decorated with almost any patterns and patterns. At the same time, high-quality textiles will maintain color saturation for a long time, will not tear, in addition, it is soft to the touch.
Double beds have standard dimensions, roughly correlated with each other. The largest are considered models whose dimensions are 180x200 cm. This option is suitable for placement in spacious rooms. Beds of 140x190 cm are relatively miniature and more suitable for the relaxation of one person who loves to impressively sit down during sleep. There are also intermediate dimensions: 160x200, 140x200, 150x190 cm, varying for each specific manufacturer.
When choosing a scale, the prevailing shades in the interior are taken into account. The main rule in the design is that for the decoration choose 1-2 basic colors and 1 additional, which will be presented in the minority. It is permissible to take materials one tone lighter or darker than the selected ones, however, one cannot overdo it with their quantity. A white bed is a universal solution for a minimalistic bedroom, the implementation of which, however, cannot be approached through the sleeves. Interior items should not merge into a single spot, so be sure to combine several light shades.
When decorating the bedroom, it is recommended to take neutral tones, soothing to the eyes, for example, different tones of brown. Variegated colors and contrasts are also acceptable if a person can relax, looking at the bright interior. The black bedroom is a bold decision, which you should implement with extreme caution. Too dark a bedroom will put pressure on the psyche, visually reduce the space.
When choosing unusual design projects, it is recommended to contact professionals.
Rating of popular brands
Double beds with a lifting mechanism are present in the assortment of many companies. Models are produced by European, Russian, Belarusian, Chinese furniture factories, which supply products, including to international markets. Beds of the following brands are most famous:
- IKEA. A world-famous company from the Netherlands that designs furniture in a minimalist style. Simple and functional models are popular all over the world and are suitable for any interiors.
- Lagoon. The brand is from Belarus, a characteristic feature of which is a wide range of products. It is durable and reliable, able to serve for many years.
- Askona. The company focuses on creating comfortable furniture, therefore, takes into account and analyzes the needs of real consumers. In the lines there are orthopedic models.
- Dream Land. Russian company engaged in the production of orthopedic furniture. A great option for people with a sick spine and those who want to sleep with maximum comfort.
- Toris Environmental friendliness and safety are the distinctive features of the furniture of this brand. For production, only natural raw materials are taken.
- Ormatek. A large Russian holding actively introducing innovative technologies into the production process. The product range is represented not only by beds, but also by mattresses.
Beds are approached with special care, since not only the appearance of the room, but also comfort during sleep depends on this. The best models are not necessarily very expensive, however, you should not chase a low cost either.
When choosing furniture, it is recommended to compare the characteristics of the beds presented in a suitable price segment. It happens that the products of well-known brands are more expensive only due to a recognized name.
What to consider when buying a bed with a lifting mechanism:
- The size. Dimensions depend on the area of the bedroom and the preferences of the owners of the apartment. If only one person plans to sleep on a model, you can opt for a relatively small bed. Couples come from how much they both need space so as not to get crowded.
- Materials It is a bed frame and a mechanism. Arrays of valuable species of wood are taken for the manufacture of premium furniture; in the manufacture of budget products, they can use plywood, chipboard panels. The transformation mechanism is both wooden and metal. Upholstery material is also considered.
- Mattress. It should repeat the bends of the back, to promote muscle relaxation during sleep. There are mattresses with fillers or a spring block; the latter is characterized by a long service life and an increased level of comfort.
- Transformation. How much the bed will be laid out depends on the type of mechanism. It depends on the personal preferences of the person. If you plan to regularly raise a berth, take the model whose frame is made of the most durable materials.
The design of the bed is consistent with the interior of the whole room. You can choose the finish for specific furniture or vice versa. The main condition is that all interior elements must be in harmony with each other. The bedroom does not have to be strictly framed in a specific style, a mixture of several design trends is permissible. Oversaturation of the decor is unacceptable, as is the simultaneous combination of too many colors.
Interesting ideas for placement in the interior
A monochrome bedroom is an ideal solution for those who appreciate rigor and restraint in design. The base of the bed is made in black, has sharp, pronounced angles, geometric patterns can be placed on the head of the bed. The same motifs prevail in the interior of the whole room: on cabinets and cabinets, decorative elements; as an additional tone, you can take a gray color.
Delicate, romantic natures will appreciate the rooms, decorated in pastel shades. The bed and other furniture are made in beige, sand, vanilla tone. It is permissible to incorporate motley elements if there are not too many of them: for this purpose, a peach cover or pillows, bright paintings or photographs on the wall are suitable. In such an interior, beds with rounded corners characterizing smoothness and peace will look advantageous.
For the interior in Art Nouveau style, a sofa with leather upholstery is suitable. The base can have the effect of antiquity, decorated with decorative rivets and metal details. When choosing leather in dark tones, the decoration of the walls and ceiling should be light and plain, the same applies to carpet and curtains. If you plan to include elements with drawings and patterns, they should be at a minimum so as not to overload the space.
A combination of materials with different textures and patterns will help to create a relaxed interior . Checkered bedspread - a simple effective solution that can transform the interior. It can be like other elements of decor or be the only detail with a picture located in the bedroom. When choosing bedspreads, color compatibility is taken into account: it is easiest to combine calm tones.
For how to assemble a bed with a lifting mechanism, see the next video.