Not a single modern bathroom is complete without a bath. This plumbing item may have a different shape, structure and material of manufacture. One of the most common are models made of acrylic. Today we will get to know better such products and find out with what dimensional parameters they are produced.
Bathtubs of standard and unusual shapes are very popular. They can be found in any plumbing store. The main thing is to choose a model of suitable dimensions.
Modern bathtubs are available not only classic rectangular, but also angular or rounded. All existing options have their strengths and weaknesses. In addition, structures of different structures vary in size.
For example, most corner models differ in impressive dimensions, and simple rectangular options can also be selected small (short).
Modern bathtubs can be selected for rooms made in absolutely any stylistic directions. The richness of the range of such plumbing allows you to find the right option for any buyer.
The times when bathtubs were made exclusively from heavy cast iron are long gone. Of course, on sale today there are heavy and expensive cast-iron models, but they have a lot of worthy rivals. These include popular and affordable acrylic products.
These types of bathtubs have gained popularity among consumers due to the simple and neutral design, low cost and fairly simple installation. Currently, acrylic plumbing can be found in many homes.
The sizes of acrylic models are very different , so you can choose the right product for rooms with any area. Today, in most cases, bathrooms are very modest in size, and it can be problematic to acquire plumbing for them. But with acrylic instances such problems, as a rule, do not happen.
Advantages and disadvantages
Despite the enviable popularity, acrylic bathtubs have not only positive qualities. Such models have a number of disadvantages.
The advantages of such plumbing include the following characteristics.
- Acrylic bathtubs are lightweight. For this reason, installing them is easy, as well as transporting them. The model of standard dimensions, as a rule, weighs about 30 kg. It is quite possible to work with such a product alone, without resorting to assistants.
- Installation of acrylic bathtubs is considered quite simple and affordable. For such plumbing, you can purchase a special frame with an adjustment function. Quite often it comes with a bathtub.
- The assortment of acrylic bathtubs cannot but please modern consumers.
- Acrylic itself is a malleable material that easily takes on any shape. That is why many designers of home interiors turn to plumbing from such raw materials.
- To care for an acrylic bath, you do not need to buy special, expensive products. In addition, she will not need regular treatments with protective compounds.
- If a small defect, such as a scratch, has appeared on the surface of the acrylic bath, then it will be easy to get rid of it. To do this, clean the damage with sandpaper. Of course, if we are talking about more serious defects, then it will be more difficult to deal with them.
- An acrylic bathtub has the ability to hold heat. It will not cool quickly, like the water collected in it. Such products are chosen by users who value relaxing treatments.
- As a rule, in modern acrylic models there are special anti-slip coatings. With such additions, the operation of the bath becomes more safe and comfortable.
- Such varieties of bathtubs are available with various designs.
- Such plumbing items are hygienic. The fact is that acrylic is a material that is not subject to rotting or the formation of fungus / mold. Bacteria do not multiply on such surfaces.
- An acrylic bathtub can be supplemented with various options. It can be a hydromassage, LED backlight and even a built-in music center.
- Such varieties of bathtubs are inexpensive, which only contributes to their popularity and relevance.
As you can see, the advantages of acrylic bathtubs abound. However, they are not ideal.
Let us consider in more detail what disadvantages such models have.
- Such products can not be called very stable, due to their low weight. Install acrylic bathtubs as reliably and firmly as possible.
- Such bathtubs should not be in contact with high temperatures. Most often, acrylic is used in the production of plumbing, the melting temperature of which reaches 160 degrees Celsius. It is worth considering that there have been such cases in which very hot water in an acrylic bathtub led to its serious deformation.
- Another tangible disadvantage of an acrylic bath is its fragility. Such items are subject to mechanical damage - they are very easy to break or damage. You don’t need to make a lot of effort - just drop something heavier than a bottle of shampoo into the bowl, and it can get a crack.
- It is worth knowing that under the influence of high loads, the acrylic bath can “play”, unnaturally bending and causing discomfort.
- Acrylic can not be in contact with all household chemicals. For such models, it is recommended to buy "soft" and gentle means. Otherwise, the surface of the bowl may turn yellow or crack.
- In addition, it should be borne in mind that acrylic bathtubs cannot be washed using abrasive products that can seriously damage the surface of the product.
- There are too many bathtubs made from low-quality acrylic in stores. However, such models are presented as reliable and durable, and after some time, customers will be disappointed - plumbing begins to turn yellow and deform.
Bathtubs made of a material such as acrylic can have a variety of sizes. Thanks to a wide selection of parameters, it will be possible to choose the right product for any room.
Most often, standard rectangular bathtubs with certain dimensional lengths are found in stores.
- From 90 to 120 cm. Such varieties of models are the most compact. They are ideal for those consumers who have a very small bathroom in their apartment / house. Use such products only in a sitting position. Their width, as a rule, is not more than 75 cm.
- 140 cm. For users of short stature, a bathtub with such a length is a suitable option. You can wash it in a reclining position. Such models are considered ideal for a combined bathroom.
- 150 cm. The length of acrylic bathtubs of 150 cm is the minimum parameter at which you can carry out water procedures while lying down. Most often, such products are used in the arrangement of apartments "Khrushchev". The most common models that modern stores offer are acrylic bathtubs with parameters of 150x70 cm.
- 170 cm. Acrylic bathtubs with this length are often purchased for dwellings with a large area. They do not take up too much space, but they allow you to enjoy water procedures with maximum comfort. The most comfortable are bathtubs with dimensions of 170x70 cm.
- From 180 cm. For users with high growth, it is recommended to buy copies with a length of 180 cm (if the room area allows, of course). Constructions with dimensions of 180x70 cm, 180x75 cm, 180x80 cm are considered convenient.
For bathrooms of modest dimensions, models of non-standard shapes and sizes are suitable.
- Corner options with a length of not more than 160 cm. In such a bowl you can even fit together, despite the fact that rectangular options can have similar parameters. The main thing to remember is that asymmetric bathtubs take up more space.
- For small rooms, rectangular bathtubs with a standard size of 100 to 180 cm are suitable. Such models are good in that you can wash them reclining, despite the democratic dimensions.
- The minimum length of square bathtubs can be from 80 to 100 cm. You can also get reclining in them. They occupy a minimum of free space.
- Round bathtubs take up more space and are not suitable for all rooms. Their minimum diameter is 140 cm.
- Sitting baths are ideal for those who cannot use standard models. The smallest products of this modification are bathtubs 120x70 cm.
- The smallest length of oval options is 140 cm.
If the area of the bathroom allows, then it is possible to arrange larger plumbing of various shapes in it.
- Here you can put a rectangular copy with dimensions of 180x80 cm.
- If square meters allow, you can install a spectacular angular model of a symmetrical shape in the room. Its maximum parameters are 180x180 cm, 190x170 cm.
- The largest oval bathtub has a length of 210 cm. As a rule, in such models there is a hydromassage.
- The largest round bathtub is 210 cm in diameter.
In an ordinary apartment, you can buy an acrylic bathtub in the following dimensional parameters:
- rectangular - 170x80 cm, 180x80 cm;
- sedentary with hydromassage - from 130 to 150 cm (with a width of 70, 80 cm);
- corner hydromassage - 140x140 cm, 150x150 cm (with a height of 60 cm and 70 cm).
Fashionable Jacuzzi for two can also have different dimensions:
- rectangular - length 175, 180 cm or 190 cm, width - 110-130 cm;
- models with a width of up to 150 cm;
- round - 130x130 cm;
- angular - 150x150 cm.
And also in stores there are many acrylic bathtubs with different size ratios: 140x70 cm, 160x70 cm, 170x75 cm, 100x70 cm, 165x70 cm, 175x70 cm, 175x75 cm, 130x70 cm, 157x70 cm, 145x70 cm, 160x80 cm, 155x70 cm, 150x60 cm.
Thanks to a large selection of acrylic bathtubs of various sizes, each buyer has the opportunity to choose the perfect option for their home.
If you still could not find a suitable model, then you can always order it.
Modern acrylic models have the following shapes that affect their size:
- rectangular and square;
As for the angular models, they are divided into symmetric and asymmetric.
- Asymmetric bathtubs look very stylish and original. With their help, you can transform the interior and make it more attractive. Similar designs are right-handed and left-handed. Most often they are installed in the free corner of the room.
- Symmetric instances often have compact dimensions. The most common products are 110x110 cm (standard). They fit seamlessly into small rooms. Symmetrical instances are both high and low.
How to choose?
Let us consider in detail what parameters should be relied upon when choosing acrylic fonts of various shapes and sizes.
- Be sure to study the number of reinforced layers of the selected acrylic model. You can see them by looking at the edges of the plumbing subject.
- It is advisable to gently tap the acrylic bath. If you hear a booming sound, then this will speak about the high quality and quality factor of the product.
- Remember - the chemical smell should not come from the acrylic model. This symptom may indicate a low quality product. It is better to abandon its purchase in favor of a more reliable and environmentally friendly option.
- Swipe the surface of the font with your hand. No scratches, roughness, or any other damage should be felt on it.
- The color on the acrylic bath should be neat and even. There should be no stains on the product.
Tips & Tricks
Stains and any impurities are recommended to be removed from the acrylic bath using products for smooth surfaces, and scale - with a cloth soaked in vinegar.
When choosing acrylic plumbing, you must consider its weight. Of course, most acrylic models are lightweight, but this option still needs to be considered. Overlapping in your home should be prepared for such loads.
It is recommended to install acrylic bathtubs with a frame or a special frame.
Thanks to such individual designs, the font will not suffer from heavy loads, and will also remain stable throughout its entire service life.
And also under the bath you can install a special screen. Its size directly depends on the dimensions of the bowl and the height of the base.
If you are going to install an acrylic bathtub in a room with a complex configuration, then you better choose an option from asymmetric models. In environments with a standard layout, it is permissible to place variants of simpler forms.
In a rectangular room, it is recommended to install a bathtub of a similar structure. It should be placed along one of the walls. In square rooms, it will be better to look at a corner bowl, access to which is possible from any direction.
When choosing an acrylic bath, it should be remembered that high-quality products are made from paintings, the thickness of which is at least 5 mm.
In the family where young children live, it is recommended to use acrylic plumbing items, the depth of which is no more than 50-60 cm.
Watch the slope of the bath. At first, you will not notice it, but then it can cause discomfort if performed incorrectly. It is for this reason that you should lie in the bowl before buying. Only in this way will you be able to understand whether the selected model is right for you.
See how to install your own acrylic bathtub in the next video.