Today the market is represented by a huge selection of furniture, but wicker rocking chairs deserve special attention, which have gained popularity for their beauty and grace. Such products allow you not only to rest well on your back after a busy day, but also relax your soul. This piece of furniture is considered universal and fits well both in the interior of a country house and apartment.
Features and scope
A wicker rocking chair is considered an original piece of furniture that embodies the hearth and comfort. It is a comfortable seat, equipped with a back, armrests, has high stability and light weight. The base of the design of such chairs is usually semicircular; a vine is used for its manufacture. Thanks to this, while in the chair, you can choose a comfortable position, bend over and swing. For the first time, models of such furniture appeared in Southeast Asia, they were used in the interior design of houses and terraces of landowners, now rocking chairs have become an integral part of the design in offices, living rooms, offices and children's rooms.
Wicker rattan products are ideal for relaxing, as their uniform, rhythmic and calm wiggle has a beneficial effect on the human body, contributing to the relaxation of tired muscles and joints. To increase the comfort of the seats, many manufacturers complete them with soft pillows. In addition, this type of furniture allows you to escape from extraneous thoughts and is used during training of the vestibular apparatus.
If you often spend time in a rocking chair, then you can increase concentration, activate the heart and increase immunity. This element of the interior is literally able to radiate positive energy, creating harmony in the surrounding space.
Advantages and disadvantages
Rocking chairs made of twigs are presented in a huge assortment, each of their models is different in color, size, shape and price. It is worth noting that this piece of furniture does not have to be purchased ready-made, it can be made with your own hands using an individual design. The main advantages of wickerwork include the following points.
- Environmental friendliness. During the production of furniture, only natural materials are used that do not cause allergic reactions.
- High strength and long life. Rattan furniture retains its attractive appearance for decades, the chairs are resistant to mechanical damage.
- Comfort Thanks to the flexible weaving, the vacationer can take any position convenient for him.
- Combination with other interior items. Designs made of twigs ideally fit into any style of the room. They look especially chic in the design of country houses.
As for the minuses, they include low resistance of products to water (because of this, furniture can not be used outdoors), sudden changes in temperature and sunlight (deformation of the structure is possible). In addition, not everyone can afford the purchase of such furniture, since the cost of it is quite high.
Rattan rocking chairs are available in several types and may differ in purpose. For example, some models are made exclusively for use in the country, while others are suitable for arranging living rooms. In addition, the chair is so.
- Simple. It is a classic version of furniture that resembles a chair, but is additionally equipped with armrests and a flat back. The legs of the structure are vertical, they can be removed so that the chair sways. Such furniture fits perfectly into different interiors and provides a pleasant, comfortable stay.
- Hanging. It is distinguished by a variety of forms, among which the oval and circle are especially popular. The design is attached to a special hook fixed to the ceiling.
- Papasan. The main feature of the model is that in its design the armrests and backrest create a rounded plane with a small recess. Thanks to this, using this chair is comfortable and pleasant. On sale you can find products that allow several people to sit in them at the same time.
Depending on the material of manufacture, this furniture is divided into created exclusively from wicker elements (using rattan or vines) and combined, in which details from other materials may be present for decoration and increase comfort.
Today wicker chairs are made from a wide variety of materials, each of which gives the product its advantages and disadvantages. This furniture is most often produced from vine, rattan, but the following raw materials can also be used:
- roots of spruce, fir and pine;
- bark of birch (bark) and linden;
It is worth noting that for all the aesthetic and operational qualities, the most popular is rattan, which is the shoots of a rattan palm.
This material is characterized by light weight, various thicknesses, beautiful shades, but is expensive. In this regard, many manufacturers began to use not only natural, but also artificial material for weaving furniture. Outwardly, it is no different from natural, but the cost of it is available for all categories of the population.
How to choose?
Before you buy a wicker rocking chair for a summer residence or apartment, it is important to determine its purpose and take into account the design of the room where you plan to put it. To make the right choice in favor of a particular model. The following factors should also be considered.
- Cost. Usually products made from natural raw materials are expensive, but they are environmentally friendly. If you buy furniture at a low price, you need to be prepared for the fact that it is most likely poor-quality and contains harmful substances in the decoration. To avoid this, it is recommended that you ask the seller for a quality certificate.
- The material of manufacture of the frame. Since this part is central in the structure, it must be rigid and strong. It is advisable to choose models in which the frame is made of metal or wood.
- Product design. This factor determines whether the furniture will harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the room. Before buying, you need to pay attention to the pattern and color of the chair.
- Quality. All joints in the design of the rocking chair should be small. If there is a slight creak when using the product, then no need to be scared. This is it adapts to the physique and weight of the future owner. It is important to check the density of the weaving of the vines.
When purchasing a rocking chair for a baby, it is worthwhile to focus on how much the furniture can withstand, whether it is safe to operate, whether belts are included in the configuration. In addition, the furniture must be stable and consist of a steel case.
Examples of use in the interior
Symmetry and harmony in the space of the room can be easily achieved by using a wicker rocking chair in the interior. This piece of furniture is often chosen for rooms decorated in eco-style, hi-tech, modern and loft. Here are the most popular ideas for creating an interior with a rocking chair.
- In the living room. Thanks to wicker furniture, you can give the room coziness and homely warmth, as well as set up family members and guests for a friendly conversation and a good rest. A rocking chair made of twigs is best placed in the center, complementing it with a wicker table and chairs. This piece of decor will look no less chic both near the fireplace or in the corner next to the coffee table.
- In the bedroom. To create an unusual design in this room, it is best to choose chairs made from light shades of rattan, this will give the interior a natural and chic. Furniture is recommended to be placed next to the dressing table and bed. If the area of the bedroom allows, then it can be supplemented with a heavy wicker sofa and a coffee table made of twigs. Glass vases and small figurines will help to emphasize the beauty of natural material.
- A rattan rocking chair will also look good in the interior of the office, on the balcony and terrace . It will allow after a hard day to enjoy a good rest and relax. So that the decor item harmoniously fits into the general view of the room, it should be selected for the color palette of wall decoration and flooring. It is recommended to place the wicker product in one of the free corners, complementing it with a small dark wood table. The glass top will add sophistication to this composition.
An overview of the wicker rocking chair, see the video.