At the final stage of repair, the walls and ceilings of the room are covered with a layer of finishing putty. Vetonit KR is an organic polymer-based compound used for decoration of dry rooms. Vetonit finishing putty is a dry mixture of uniform white color. This article will describe the features and characteristics of this product.
Purpose and characteristics
Vetonit KR is applied as a final coat when leveling various types of surfaces. A layer of putty on a wall or ceiling after it dries is covered with a decorative finish. Sometimes ceilings are not subjected to subsequent finishing, since the finish layer has a fairly aesthetic appearance.
The dry mixture is diluted with water in the required proportion before use.
- finishing of walls and ceilings from drywall;
- puttying of surfaces from chipboard;
- Vetonit KR can be used for leveling cement-lime-based surfaces;
- filling walls and ceilings with moderate and normal humidity;
- when sprayed, Vetonit KR can be used to treat particle and porous fiber substrates.
Restrictions on use:
- Vetonit KR mix cannot be used for furnishings with constant high level of humidity;
- this type of putty is not suitable for application under a tile;
- cannot be used for floor leveling work.
- after complete drying of the putty layer, the surface is easily susceptible to sanding;
- the possibility of applying to a variety of surfaces: gypsum boards and gypsum, minerals, wood, paint, substrates made from organic material, concrete and expanded clay concrete blocks;
- the prepared solution does not lose its properties during the day;
- putty can be applied to the surface both manually (using a spatula), and mechanically (using a special spray);
- the plastered surface after complete drying becomes smooth and has a white color.
- mixture composition: binding agent (organic adhesive), organic limestone;
- White color;
- optimal temperature for using the finished solution: from + 10 ° С to + 30 ° С;
- dry mix consumption per 1 m2: when the thickness of the applied solution layer is 1 mm, the consumption is 1.2 kg per 1 m2;
- complete drying: 24-48 hours (depending on the thickness of the layer);
- water resistance indicator: not waterproof;
- packing: a thick paper bag;
- net weight of dry products per pack: 25 kg and 5 kg;
- storage of the dry mixture: without opening the factory packaging, it can be stored for 12 months in normal and low humidity conditions.
First you need to prepare a working solution.
- To breed one bag (25 kg) of Vetonit KR dry putty, you will need 10 liters of water. Do not use hot liquid. The temperature should not exceed 40 degrees.
- The powder must be poured into the water in parts while stirring vigorously. Further mixing should be continued until the dry base is completely dissolved. For a faster and better result, it is best to use a drill with a special nozzle. In this case, complete dissolution can be achieved in 3-5 minutes.
- After the water-powder mixture has become completely homogeneous, it should be left to settle for 10-15 minutes. After this time, the solution must be mixed again.
- Ready putty will be suitable for use within 24 hours from the moment of mixing.
- Special instructions: the remaining solution must not be poured into the sewer or other drainage systems, this can lead to clogging of pipes and hoses.
Puttying of any type of base consists of two main stages: surface preparation for applying the mortar, filling of the prepared base.
- the surface to be putty must first be thoroughly cleaned of dirt, dust, debris or traces of oil and paints;
- adjacent surfaces that do not require puttying (for example, glass windows, already finished wall sections, decorative elements) should be protected from contact with mortar with a film, newspapers or other covering materials;
- It is important to provide a temperature of at least + 10 ° C in the room during the application and drying of the putty layer.
The process of applying the finished Vetonit KR putty solution consists of several stages.
- The finished mixture for the leveling layer can be applied by spraying or using a two-handed construction spatula. In case of not complete but partial filling, it is possible to use an ordinary narrow spatula.
- If it is necessary to apply several layers of leveling putty, each subsequent one should be applied only after complete drying of the previously applied.
- Excess mortar is removed from the surface and can be reused.
- Further decorative wall decoration can only be carried out after the putty has completely dried. At a room temperature of about + 20 ° C, a layer of 1-2 mm dries out within a day. It is recommended to ensure sufficient constant ventilation while the putty is applied.
- After the layer has hardened, it must be leveled by treating the surface with sandpaper. Further, surface painting or wallpapering is acceptable.
- The tool that was used in working with the solution must be placed in a container of water immediately after the application of putty. Then it should be thoroughly washed with running water.
Contact with exposed areas of the body should be avoided. When working, use protective gloves. If the solution enters the mucous membranes, immediately rinse them with plenty of clean water. If persistent, persistent irritation is observed, consult a doctor.
The dry mixture and ready-made solution should be stored out of the reach of children and pets.
Putty Vetonit KR has mostly positive reviews from craftsmen and buyers. As a negative property, many note a very unpleasant and persistent smell, which for some time is kept in the room after work. However, finishing specialists claim that a specific smell is characteristic of all organic-based mixtures. In most cases, with regular ventilation of the room, it disappears within a few days after the hardening of the applied putty layer.
For how to properly align the walls, see the video below.