Light panels are an additional original element in the interior. Light images, multi-color details can be located both in a vertical and horizontal position. They are placed on the walls and windows. Today, there are many options for such paintings. This article will discuss the features of such a decor, their types, nuances of choice, rules of care.
A light panel is a decorative image that is applied to glass or any other substrate. The pattern is highlighted over the entire surface, at the edges or in separate areas. The material on which the picture is applied does not heat up. The backlight itself consists of small LEDs. Due to their properties, the possibility of heating is excluded.
The main features of the light panel:
- unusual decoration, which is not used so often in interior design;
- energy efficiency and reliability through the use of LED backlight;
- ease of use and care;
- large selection of drawings;
- reasonable cost;
- the creation of the aesthetics of the living room.
There are some types of panels without pictures. Light decoration is a strip of LEDs . With her help, individual accents are made. The tape is easy to give the necessary original shape.
Some light models have a complex structure . The basis for the decor are full-fledged panels with LEDs. This option can act as a wall lamp. The brightness of the LEDs is enough for this.
There are many options for light panels. All of them have their own characteristics, as well as lighting elements, due to which a light effect is created.
Overview of the types of lighting elements
Wall luminous panels have various options for light elements. The visual effect of perception depends on their type.
They create diffused light. The luminous flux illuminates all the details of the image evenly, without dimming and a bright accent in individual parts.
LED Strip Light
As a rule, ribbons are used as an additional element of illumination. When using the tape as the main light element, it is recommended to place it over the entire area of the composition. It is important to know that such lighting will be too bright. It is better to pay attention to the picture with muted shades.
Ribbons come in a variety of colors. Different shades will help create an unusual decorative effect.
Lamps with a matrix
The choice of elements is very diverse, and the models are quite practical.
There are many varieties of decorative products with backlight. The most interesting product options are presented below.
- Photo printing . The image is applied to the glass surface by a special method. Application work is done with fine filigree. The result is as close as possible to the naturalness of the image. With the help of photo printing on glass, the most complex design idea can be realized. With proper lighting, you get a wonderful effect. The “World Map” panel is very popular among print options on glass. LED strip passes along the contour of the image of all continents. Separate lamps illuminate the main countries and capitals of the world.
- Stained glass window . A beautiful work reminiscent of a real work of art. It is carried out in three ways.
- Imitation of a stained-glass window using glass painting.
- Soldering technology involves the use of framed colored glasses that connect together.
- Fusing is a technique of fastening individual colored glasses into a single composition. Work takes place in special furnaces at high temperatures. The image is obtained with a beautiful relief.
- Painting on other materials or volumetric images. Products are illuminated by tape or spotlights. There is no internal illumination. The decorative effect is created by lighting individual parts of the panel. And also the lamps have a panel around the perimeter, they highlight certain areas of the image with tape. This creates an additional visual effect.
- Products from lamps and LED strips. In this case, the image is completely missing. The composition consists of contours created by lighting elements. So, New Year’s decorative panels in the form of deer, New Year’s spruce, snowflakes and snowmen create a special impression.
- Panel made of natural materials. Decorative elements are very original. When creating them, Himalayan salt, various stones with antibacterial properties are used. Such panels decorate the walls of beauty salons and saunas.
- The salt panel looks like a pattern that is laid out with salt plates. The pattern is highlighted, creating a fantastic image.
- Onyx is a stone that is used to create panels. Onyx panels can be placed in any room. The stone creates the effect of the movement of waves or drops. A variety of shades and shapes allows you to choose the necessary decor for any environment.
- Decorative products from duralight with backlight . In this case, you first need to create a sketch, and then the pattern. Duralight will be fixed on the pattern. The figure is gently bent, and the work is completed by connecting the backlight. When creating a volumetric composition, a frame is needed.
- Panel portholes are in great demand. If such a product is available, an additional window effect is created. For compositions using images with cosmic motifs or seascape.
- Mirror light panels . The decor turns any room into an original art space. Most often, mirror products are used to solve certain problems in design. The placement of the element helps to correct some of the flaws in the environment, namely:
- increase in the amount of light;
- visual enlargement of a cramped and narrow room;
- adjustment of volume, depth and height of the room.
The shape of the products may be different. There are options in the form of a circle, square or polygon. Oval or rectangular models have an original look. Some panels consist of connected parts, others have an integral design.
How to choose?
When buying a backlit panel, several main criteria should be considered.
- The glass coating must be free from damage, scratches and other defects.
- It is necessary to choose a product where it is possible to replace individual parts without violating the integrity of the composition.
- The presence of a fuse in the power system.
- Parallel connection of fixtures. With a serial connection, the operation of all parts will be disrupted at once if any of the LEDs or lamps ceases to work.
And also the choice of panels directly depends on the location and decor. LED products can be with drawings of Greek heroes, classical architecture. Unusually look panels with photo printing of paintings by famous artists.
For furnishings in a minimalist style , they focus on geometric images.
For the bedroom, a model of light shades with abstraction is suitable. Decor with subdued light will be an excellent night light.
Some light products have a flicker function that creates a calming effect. Luminous products have an automatic inclusion mode, which is also very convenient. Inclusion models also have a number of functions. When placed on a wall or above a bed, an emphasis is placed on a specific point.
The panel sometimes serves as a full-fledged lamp. Products have touch control. Therefore, you can easily configure the operation of the light element.
The backlit panel has a long lifespan. The decor is easy to care for . Periodically, you need to clean the surface using a soft sponge and liquid detergent or shampoo.
Abrasive cleaners or bleach are not recommended.
If the lighting element fails, it must be replaced. Do not do the work if there are no experiences with the use of lighting devices. It is better to contact the master.
You can not check the panels for strength. Glass, which is the basis for many models, is quite reliable. But with targeted exposure, the surface may be scratched, cracked or broken.
The light panel will be an excellent solution for the design of any room. There are many variations of images, which together with light elements give an original decorative effect. Product selection depends on many factors. It is necessary to take into account the style and palette of the interior.
Recommendations and some selection tips will help you choose a high-quality, interesting product that will last for more than one year.
See how to make a light panel in the next video.