Modern cuisine is designed to save people time and energy. Therefore, its content is constantly being improved. The time has passed when there were only shelves in the cabinets. Now, instead of them, there are all kinds of mechanisms. But there is a place that is hard to imagine with them. These are corner sections. When designing, questions always arise about the rationality of their use. In this case, all kinds of retractable devices come to the rescue.
They are needed in order to facilitate access to the most remote areas, to place a large number of objects there, making the process of their use more convenient.
Corner sections are those with which parts of the L-shaped or U-shaped kitchen are joined. The possibilities of their filling depend on:
- provisions - the choice of mechanisms for the lower sections is wider due to the greater depth;
- destinations - for washing or drying, for utensils, products or household chemicals there are adapted devices;
- the presence of construction objects in them (wide ducts, the presence of a large number of pipes can interfere with the installation and extension of mechanisms);
- shape, size of cabinets and how to open them.
The cabinets used can be of two options.
- In the form of a polygon , which has either one wide door, or consisting of two parts. A method of opening a wide door may be conventional. The facade, consisting of two parts, can be folded accordion sideways. All kinds of elevators in this case are not used because of the impossibility of fastening. The size of the wide sides is 600 mm.
- In the form of a rectangular docking section , to which is attached another, forming a right angle. The door can be retractable or swing. The length of such a section is usually 1000, 1050 or 1200 mm. Moreover, the door width, respectively, can be 400, 450 and 600 mm.
It is possible to do less, but it is inexpedient - then only narrow objects can pass into it, and certainly not mechanisms.
Most often, in the upper cabinet above the sink, a dish dryer is made. This is essentially correct. But not quite convenient. As a rule, it is quite deep, and putting dishes is convenient only from the edge. It is not rational to set the second level of drying, because its internal angle will be even further. It is better to place the dryer in the closest closet in the neighborhood .
The most convenient mechanisms in this case will be rotary (they are also called "carousels").
They may be:
- fixed inside the cabinet (the axis connecting all levels can be located in the center or on the side so that wider things can be placed);
- attached to the door (in this case, the levels are semicircles).
Depending on the shape of the cabinet, the carousel shelves are:
- adapted, with a notch (before closing, all shelves must be turned with the notch forward, otherwise the cabinet will not close).
Usually, stainless steel is used to make rotary mechanisms, and less commonly, wood. The bottom of the levels can be solid or mesh (not suitable for small things, but contributes to air ventilation). The bottom and other parts made of plastic are less reliable and will last less.
They can be divided by the number of levels:
- two are suitable for cabinets with a height of 720 mm;
- three for 960 mm;
- four for the desktop section (installed on the countertop), but if you need to place tall things, one level can be removed for a while.
Swivel mechanisms do not use the entire internal space up to the corners. But they make its use more convenient - for this level you just need to turn and take the desired item.
If a sink is installed in the lower kitchen cabinet or pipes occupy most of it, then there are few options for pull-out systems. It can be:
- bins, containers for storage and sorting;
- all kinds of bottles, holders or baskets for household chemicals.
Throwing garbage into a bucket in a closet is inconvenient in the same way as pulling it out of there every time. To simplify the process and get rid of mistakes, you can use buckets fixed in this way: when you open the door, the bucket goes outside, and the lid remains inside.
An ordinary bucket can be replaced with a sliding system with containers. They can be used both for sorting garbage and for storing vegetables. They all have lids and are made of plastic. They are easy to remove and wash.
But also the place under the sink can be used to store cleaning products, brushes, napkins. Items can be stored in containers or special holders. For the safety of children there are special devices with locks - hazardous liquids are placed in them.
If the mechanism is attached only to the frame (sidewall or bottom), it can also be fixed in the beveled corner section, you only have to push it out manually without opening the door.
If the corner cupboard is empty, there are many more options for filling it.
They can be safely placed in the beveled section. Of course, the width of the box is the same along its entire length, and does not cover the side zones of the cabinet. But using them is much more convenient. High ones are intended for large items, additional railing will help to keep them. And low - for cutlery and other trifles.
Boxes can also be installed in the docking cabinet by rearranging the sidewall of the frame. The main thing is that the drawers of the cabinet standing perpendicularly do not interfere with the extension of the drawers.
"Magic corners" and "carousels"
In the lower cabinets, the same rotary mechanisms can be used as in the upper ones. Only the size is matched appropriate.
Another interesting device is the pull-out shelves. To make the turning process easy, they are given a special shape. Small sides contribute to the fixation of objects. Shelves can be put forward in turn or simultaneously.
There is a special basket system located at different levels. Due to this, they can put dishes of different heights and sizes. The whole structure moves smoothly and silently, you just have to open the door.
Using all of the above devices is pleasant and convenient. They have only one drawback - they significantly increase the cost of the furniture in which they are installed. However, years of convenience compensate for this.
How to choose fittings?
For the internal structure of any cabinet to work well, you need high-quality fittings.
- Hinges - provide comfortable, silent closing of doors. In the case of retractable systems, the loop opening angle should be maximum.
- Guides or metaboxes are needed for the smooth extension of drawers and baskets, as well as their closing without cotton. It will be better if they, like the hinges, are with closers.
- Handles - should be comfortable and withstand heavy weight. In the case of docking modules, mortise or hidden models are preferred.
- Various baskets, shelves and levels . The material from which they are made is important here. It should be durable, safe and easy to clean.
Metal is preferable to plastic. Matte surfaces are more practical than shiny ones.
In the choice of accessories, first of all, you need to be guided by reliability and convenience, and only then by design.
For ideas on pull-outs in kitchen corner cabinets, see the next video.