We are used to amenities, so we always try to use various new home appliances for our comfort. For example, if you have a good TV, but it has a weak sound, start looking for a way out. As a result, this problem is easily solved by acquiring a soundbar, the existence of which you may have learned only in a store selling audio equipment.
What it is?
The soundbar is a compact type of audio system that can reproduce a cleaner and more powerful sound than the speakers of a standard modern TV or other device that broadcasts information and music to us. It does not take up much space, fits perfectly into any room design, compatible with modern systems that reproduce sound. In its body there are several speakers, and in some models even subwoofers are built-in.
The soundbar is also called the soundbar, which is the “golden mean” between the expensive surround sound system and the low-power speakers of home television and radio receivers, which often make a dull sound. Using this device, the sound becomes clear and saturated, spreads evenly throughout the room. The soundbar control is very convenient, performed by the remote control, and in some expensive models even with the help of voice.
All models support connection with other devices, as well as external drives.
The range of soundbars is quite diverse.
- They are active and passive. Active have a direct connection directly to the receiver. Passive only work through the receiver.
- According to the type of arrangement, they are divided into console, mounted and soundbases.
- Most models have a wireless way to connect to a TV and other items of technology. This method without wires is very convenient and does not cause discomfort. But some models also have connectors for wired connection. Thanks to them, it is possible to connect to the Internet and external media.
Models also vary in sound and internal equipment.
- With built-in low frequency speakers and dual channel sound. Soundbars are a simple sound booster.
- With an external subwoofer. Thanks to him, sound is reproduced with a distinct low-frequency range.
- An additional channel for reproducing high frequencies is provided.
- Analogue home theater with 5 channels. Due to the sound projection simulates the sound of the rear speakers. There are expensive options, the configuration of which provides for the location of two removable speakers, remote from the main panel.
- The main panel is equipped with 7 speakers.
Rating of the best
Creative Stage Air is the cheapest model that can amplify sound. The package includes a micro-USB cable and a 3.5 mm cable. The speaker can be combined with a USB flash drive. The mini-model is made in black and has glossy and matte surfaces.
Two speakers and a passive radiator are protected by a metal grill. The decoration of the model is the brand logo. Small dimensions of the structure (10x70x78 mm) and weight (900 g) allow you to freely move the model around the apartment. It has a frequency range of 80-20000 Hz. Speakers power 5 W with 2.0 audio format. Rated power 10 watts. Shelf type installation, although you can install under the TV. The device is equipped with a large lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2200 mAh. Thanks to her, reproduction within 6 hours is possible. A full charge of the battery lasts 2.5 hours. The model can be controlled from a distance of 10 meters.
Soundbar JBL Boost TV - This model has a black fabric finish. There are rubber inserts on the back wall. On the upper part there are control buttons that are duplicated on the remote control. The design has a width of 55 inches. Equipped with two speakers. The frequency range ranges from 60 to 20,000 Hz. There is a mini-Jack input (3.5 mm), a JBL Connect function and Bluetooth. Type of installation shelf. Sound format 2.0. Rated power 30 watts. The JBL SoundShift function allows you to quickly switch between listening to music on your smartphone and playing on a TV.
There is a virtual sound technology in the Harman Display Surround sound space. JBL SoundShift instant switch between sources.
The device can be controlled by both the remote control from the kit and the remote control for the TV.
The Yamaha YSP-4300 soundbar is one of the most expensive models. The design is made in black, has dimensions of 1002x86x161 mm and weighs almost 7 kg. Equipped with 24 speakers. The kit includes a subwoofer with dimensions of 145x446x371 mm. The model is wireless. The power of the speakers is impressive - 194 watts. Rated power 324 watts. A feature of this technique is the Intellibeam system, which creates virtual surround sound thanks to the speaker battery and the reflection of sound from the walls. The sound is clean and natural, very close to the present.
The subwoofer is wireless, it can be installed in any position - both vertically and horizontally. Setup is possible with a microphone and takes a few minutes. Sound intriguingly diverges in the center and sides of the room, allowing you to immerse yourself in music or in watching a movie. OSD menu in 8 different languages. Comes with a wall bracket.
How to choose?
Soundbars are in great demand among lovers of quality sound, so their range is quite wide. When choosing a model, several key points need to be considered.
- Type of audio system and its internal equipment. The quality and power of sound reproduction depends on these factors. Much depends on the model. The sound volume and its strength depend on the clear and calculated location of a certain number of speakers. Sound quality for the most part depends on the level of the soundtrack.
- Power column. It is determined by the indicator of the volume range. The higher the power, the better and louder the sound will go. The most suitable for the soundbar will be a range from 100 to 300 watts.
- Frequency. He depends on her purity of sound. If this indicator is high, then the sound will be much cleaner. For humans, the best range of frequency perception is from 20 to 20,000 Hz.
- Sometimes subwoofers are included. They are designed to reproduce sound with a low frequency. For example, explosion sounds, knocks and other low-frequency noises. Such options are more needed by fans of games and action movies.
- Type of connection. It can be wireless or using an optical cable and HDM interfaces. They support audio formats more, so the sound will be better.
- Dimensions It all depends on the wishes and capabilities of the user. The larger the structure, the higher its cost and functionality.
You can choose a small system, but it will not give such a reproduction as a large one.
How to place?
You can place this type of equipment absolutely anywhere in the room, which depends on the design and wishes. Of course, if you have a wired model, then it is better to hang it on a bracket near the TV so that the wires are not very conspicuous. This is the case if the TV also hangs on the wall. In any model, a mount is included.
If your TV is on a stand, then the best option for installing the panel will be next to it. The main thing is that the soundbar model does not close the screen.
How to connect a soundbar?
The correct connection directly depends on the type of soundbar model selected. It will be a wired connection via HDMI, wireless via Bluetooth, analog or through coaxial and optical input.
- Via HDMI. To do this, it is important to check whether the model supports audio return channel technology, which is called Audio Return Channel (or simply HDMI ARC). It is necessary that the sound signal from the TV is output to the sound panel. For this method, after connecting, you need to choose the method of supplying sound through external speakers, and not through the speakers. This type of connection is convenient in that you can control the sound with the remote control from the TV.
- If the model does not have HDMI connectors , then connection is possible through the audio interface. Such optical and coaxial inputs are in most models. Through the interfaces you can connect the game console. After connecting, select the method of supplying sound through the external outputs of the speakers.
- Analog connector. This option is considered in the absence of other possibilities. But you should not pin hopes on him, as the sound will be single-channel and of poor quality. Everything is connected to the red and white jacks.
- A wireless connection is only possible with a Bluetooth model.
By means of the above methods, practically all models of different pricing policies are connected. Signaling is possible from a TV, tablet, phone and laptop. The difficulty is only in the corresponding pairing of devices.
See how to choose the right soundbar for your TV in the next video.