Large speakers Sony - the object of desire of millions of true connoisseurs of quality and clear sound. With them, both the classical string concert, and the fashionable rap or recording of a rock concert will be listened with pleasure. Floor-mounted Bluetooth speakers with light music and portable with a flash drive, other Sony speaker models are always popular, but how do you know which ones really deserve attention? We will talk about this in our article.
Advantages and disadvantages
The large speakers of Sony, like other products of this brand, managed to earn a good reputation. However, like any other equipment, they have enough advantages and disadvantages. Consider the positive points.
- Autonomous execution. Most of today's popular Sony speakers are portable. By focusing on the mobility of its devices, the company has gained new fans.
- Sony Music Center proprietary program. It helps to control the speaker remotely via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, configure playback of tracks when integrated with mobile devices.
- Functions for improving sound purity. Thanks to ClearAudio +, the output reproduces quality music without flaws.
- Modern technologies. Support for NFC, in addition to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, is far from all portable speakers. Sony has taken care of this.
- Stylish design. The body with streamlined lines, color conciseness. These speakers look stylish and expensive.
- Powerful bass reproduction. Extra Bass system plays them as spectacularly as possible.
- Built-in backlight. Actual for party lovers, but for more serious music connoisseurs it can also be useful.
- Battery discharge protection in portable systems. If 50% of the battery power is lost, the sound will become quieter.
No cons, too. Large Sony speakers do not have full protection against moisture , most often the manufacturer is limited only by the level of performance according to the IP55 standard.
Oversized models do not have wheels - other methods have to solve the transportation problem.
Review of the best models
A huge speaker with a built-in battery with karaoke and backlighting is an excellent choice for open-air relaxation with friends. However, portable acoustic models quite well established themselves as an element of the home interior. Unlike competitors, the current lineup of Sony speakers does not offer equipment on wheels. In these devices, the main emphasis is on sound quality and current technical performance. It is worth considering the most popular models in more detail.
GTK-XB60 Extra Bass
A column weighing 8 kg with a stable housing can be installed in horizontal and vertical positions. The model has a function of combining with other similar devices. On a plastic case with a metal front grill, strobe lights and LED lights are placed to create additional visual effects. A microphone jack allows you to play karaoke, bundled also Audio In and USB ports.
In stand-alone mode, the equipment operates up to 14 hours, at maximum power and volume - no more than 180 minutes.
High-end 154W wireless speaker with 7 speakers and 8 amplifiers. Dimensions of the model - 43 × 13.3 × 12.5 cm, weight - 4.7 kg, it is placed in a minimalist case with touch control buttons, it looks stylish and modern. The equipment works on the basis of Bluetooth 3.0, has a USB connector, supports NFC and Wi-Fi, and easily integrates with Spotifiy, Chromocast.
The package includes a remote control, batteries for it, a charging cable. This is an audio system for home use, created in configuration 2.1, it has low-frequency speakers and the ability to play sound in high resolution.
This is not just a speaker, but a full-fledged acoustic audio system for holding noisy parties in the open air. It is designed specifically for parties, has a performance according to the IP67 standard, is not afraid of even water jets. Long battery life allows it to become a real center of attraction for lovers of unbridled fun until the morning. The top panel unfolds, can be used as a stand for drinks. The speaker is distinguished by high sound volume and playback quality - music in any style sounds "excellent".
Among the functions available in this model are a connection to USB and Bluetooth, a built-in radio tuner with the FM band, a microphone jack with karaoke. On the case there is a convenient carrying handle, as well as a tripod mount for installation at a height. The dimensions of the equipment are 33 × 37.6 × 30.3 cm. The equipment weighs less than 7 kg.
A large and quite powerful floor-mounted portable speaker with light music. The equipment is well protected from water and dust, it can work up to 24 hours without recharging thanks to a 12,000 mAh battery, supports NFC technology - you can simply put the smartphone on the case. The rectangular format column has a size of 10 × 27.9 × 10.5 cm, weighs 1.5 kg, which makes it convenient to transport.
The hardware configuration is 2.0, there is an Extra Bass mode for playing low frequencies. The speaker with color music (built-in multi-backlight) supports Bluetooth and a USB flash drive, there is an audio input of 3.5 mm.
Criterias of choice
Large Sony speakers can be selected for home or camping, travel, parties with friends. Regardless of the purpose of the equipment, the sound quality is expected to be high, and the price affordable. When choosing a suitable model of technology, it is worth paying attention to important points.
- Weight and size of equipment. For a large speaker, operated outside the home, this factor will definitely be decisive when choosing. The larger the device, the more difficult it is to call it mobile. But sounding in larger speakers can still be made louder and cleaner.
- Material and ergonomics of the case. Sony has everything in order with the quality of the components used. In ergonomics, models with rounded corners seem more convenient, but classic versions with rectangular ones are also quite successfully used at home.
- Moisture protection level. If we are talking about columns that will be used outside the walls of the house, it must be high enough. Otherwise, the operation in any conditions will not be discussed. It is worthwhile to make sure that the equipment is really ready to be in the rain or snow - the documents should have a figure no lower than IP55 for protection against splashes and IP65 for direct contact with water jets.
- The presence or absence of a display. Most Sony speakers do not have it - this saves a lot of energy, and all controls work fine even without a screen.
- The presence of backlight. It provides the creation of a festive atmosphere, indispensable for outdoor events and parties. At home, this option is not so important.
- Wired or wireless performance. Modern Sony speakers almost completely have built-in batteries, ready for stand-alone use. This is convenient if you plan to transport the device frequently.
- Power. Large speakers gain to listen to music loudly. Accordingly, it is worth considering models with a power of at least 60 watts from the very beginning.
- Built-in interfaces and ports. Optimally, if there is support for Bluetooth, USB, memory cards, you can pair the speakers with each other by wireless or wired connection. Sony speakers still have NFC, which allows you to set the instant broadcast of music from your smartphone.
- Configuration. Large speakers Sony should be chosen exclusively in stereo or in a complete set 2.1 with a subwoofer that enhances the sound of bass. When choosing a system with a subwoofer, you need to give preference to models in which its power exceeds 100 watts.
- The stock of battery life. Wired speakers need a power outlet, wireless speakers can be operated "at full strength" without additional recharging from 5 to 13 hours. The larger the column, the more powerful the battery should be.
- The presence of remote control. For a large column, this is a significant plus. Remote control helps turn the backlight on and off, change the volume or track. This is convenient, especially when organizing events and parties.
Given all these factors, you can easily find the Sony speaker of the right size and format for listening to music at home or organizing parties without too much hassle.
An overview of the large speaker Sony GTK-XB90, see the video below.