Rosa is the most popular and beloved representative of flowering plants, which can be seen not only in flower beds near private houses, but also in flower beds in city parks and various public recreation areas. The high popularity of this plant made breeders work on the development of new varieties. They have a wide color spectrum, as well as high resistance to various diseases and to adverse climatic conditions.
One of the latest achievements in the field of breeding was the rose spray. The new plant quickly gained a leading position in the sales rating of this group of products due to its high aesthetic parameters and undemanding agricultural practices.
What it is?
Rose spray (pink spray) is an innovative development that arose as a result of the joint work of professional botanists and breeders in the 20th century. The second name of the flowers is the roses of the patio. Small flowers are very popular among florists, who use them to create wedding and holiday compositions and bouquets of the bride.
Distinctive features are the small size of the bush, the maximum height of the plant is not more than 80 cm, the formation of more than 9 buds on one branch. Peduncles can be both large and medium, and small, whose diameter is in the range from 3 cm to 8 cm.
The main advantages of this plant:
- mass fruiting over a long period;
- resistance to low temperatures and adverse climatic conditions;
- lack of prickly spikes;
- the last formation of peduncles in late autumn;
- the presence of a delicate aroma;
- the ability to grow in flowerpots and flower containers.
The best varieties and their characteristics
In specialized nurseries, you can see a large assortment of spray roses, which differ in both the color scheme and the shape and size of the bud.
Range of the most common shades:
There are other color shades that will surely surprise even experienced gardeners.
Representatives of pink and cream roses are the following types:
- Lovely Lydia;
- Memi Eden;
- Deep Waters;
- "Heho Spray";
- Pinks Intuition;
The following species became bright representatives of orange and yellow varieties of roses spray:
- Fire Flash;
- Sant City
- "Orange spray";
- "Baby Orange";
- Rise Shine;
Red roses include the following types:
- Leyli Flirt;
- Baby Bakara
- "Black Jack";
- "Cherie Folies";
Less popular are multi-colored varieties - “Papl”, “Princess”, “Kent”, “Droplet”, “Abracadabra”, “Orion”, “Bordeaux”, “Tiramisu”.
Particular attention should be paid to the description of the most popular representatives of this flower.
- Lovely Lydia is a Dutch plant whose height is less than 75 cm, and the diameter of the bush reaches 55 cm. The color scheme of buds ranges from raspberry to pale pink. The main feature is the presence of a dark core. The size of the buds leaves about 3.5 cm. Advantages - long and massive flowering, high resistance to low temperatures and the most common types of diseases, spectacular appearance.
- “Fire Flash” is a bright variety, the color of which resembles fire. On low bushes yellow buds with orange spots grow, the size of which does not exceed 3.5 cm. This variety is one of the most popular among florists and designers.
- "Yana" is a decorative representative of the spray rose family, the maximum bush height of which is 55 cm. Advantages - compactness, the presence of an elusive and delicate aroma. A scope - dressings of borders and balconies.
- Rumba is a colorful flower that has a deep yellow tint with pink and raspberry highlights. The number of flowers on one process is 15 pieces. The color of each bud is unique.
- "Hyha Spray" - a plentifully flowering plant, the number of bright pink buds, their number can reach 20 pieces. The height of one bush reaches 100 cm.
- Tomango is a small plant with large velvet flowers. The main feature is the preservation of color even under the scorching ultraviolet rays of the sun;
- "Black Jack" is a spectacular bush, the number of buds on which can reach up to 30 pieces. Petals have an openwork structure and are indispensable for composing bouquets.
Rose spray is an unpretentious type of ornamental plant that does not require special attention. To obtain beautiful flowers, experienced summer residents recommend the use of secrets for the care and propagation of plants.
Selection and storage of seedlings
The right choice of seedlings is the key to obtaining a strong and beautiful plant. Plants packaged in plastic bags with a nutritious soil mixture and with an open root system enter mass sales. Breeders recommend giving preference to the first type of flowers.
Signs of a healthy plant:
- strong root system;
- lack of mechanical damage;
- lack of dry branches and signs of fungal disease;
- the presence of a pleasant earthy aroma and friable soil in the container;
- the presence of live white shoots at the ends of the roots.
Before planting, it is imperative to trim the planting material, during which buds, dry branches and damaged stems are removed. The maximum number of eyes should be 5 pieces. Cutting areas must be treated with garden var.
Putting seedlings in water with sodium humate at night is a prerequisite before planting.
Time and place of landing
The choice of planting location for your favorite plant depends on its variety. For some species, the most favorable place for growth and development are solar flower beds, and for others, places with partial shade, where the buds will always have rich and rich shades.
The landing process consists of several main stages:
- the formation of a landing pit with a diameter of 50x50;
- laying a drainage layer, for which you need to choose river sand and fine gravel;
- the formation of a nutrient layer, which consists of fallen leaves, humus, manure and organic fertilizers;
- placing the bush in a prepared hole;
- backfilling a plant with soil while simultaneously compacting the soil around the stem;
- abundant watering of the bush with clean water at room temperature in the amount of 10 liters per landing pit.
If planting is planned for autumn, then from the summer it is necessary to actively prepare the land in the flowerbed.
The main recommendations for the preliminary preparation of the landing site:
- harvesting weeds and their root system;
- digging a site with turning over a soil lump;
- digging of the necessary trench;
- mixing the upper fertile layer with mineral fertilizers and placing the mixture on the bottom of the pit;
- keeping the pit for several months.
If planting is planned for spring, gardeners recommend simply digging a plot and adding fertilizer to the ground. By spring, the soil will be enriched with minerals and for planting it will be enough just to dig a hole of the required size.
Before the formation of the flower beds, one must take into account the type of plants that grew in front of roses. Quince, cherry and hawthorn will have a negative effect on the rose garden. To create favorable conditions for the growth and development of flowers, it is necessary to replace the top layer of the soil.
To normalize the acid balance in acidic soil, ash should be added, and humus, compost and needles should be added to alkaline soil.
How to propagate?
To obtain new plants, breeders identify several methods of reproduction:
- seed - growing seedlings from the collected seed material;
- rooting of branches - digging of the lower branch of the mother bush to form the root system of a new plant;
- root offspring - the separation of young plants with developed roots from the main bush;
- cuttings - cutting off pieces of the stem and placing them in a growth stimulator, as well as planting shoots in greenhouses and hotbeds;
- division - the division of a whole bush into separate independent parts.
How to care?
Caring for a decorative plant will not cause difficulties even for beginner gardeners. This process consists of the following procedures:
- loosening of the upper fertile layer;
- timely weed removal;
- regular watering and top dressing;
- correct pruning.
Ornamental plant needs constant nutrition throughout the growing season. The most important type of fertilizer in the summer is nitrogen, and in early autumn, experienced gardeners recommend applying potash and phosphorus fertilizers.
Regular watering is the main condition for abundant flowering. The amount of water depends on the ambient temperature conditions and should be increased during the period of drought. A thick layer of mulch will significantly slow down the drying out of the soil, and reduce the flow of water for irrigation.
To prevent the appearance of burns on plants, experts recommend watering only after sunset.
Pest and Disease Control
The most dangerous pests of roses spray botanists consider aphids, cicadas, spider mites and leaflets. To combat these insects, it is advisable to use a soap solution with mustard powder and red pepper, as well as special chemicals.
Powdery mildew and black spotting are among the most dangerous rose diseases. To prevent the occurrence of these diseases, regularly treat the flower beds with Bordeaux liquid and potassium preparations. At the first signs of the appearance of affected areas, treat the plants with a solution of soda.
Preventive pruning will help prevent pests and diseases. Cut off shoots must be taken out of the site and burned.
Rose spray is an ornamental plant, for which regular and timely pruning is of great importance. This manipulation contributes to the emergence of young shoots and new buds, and is also a preventive measure in the fight against various dangerous diseases.
Experts recommend trimming several times while removing old foliage and dry branches.
It is necessary to remove not only branches, but also unnecessary dry inflorescences.
A trimmed small plant will spend a minimum amount of energy and nutrients on the growth of green mass and give as much energy as possible to form a large number of bright buds.
The basic rules for conducting proper trimming:
- the use of tools that are treated with disinfectants;
- pruning should start from the lower branches;
- processing of cut places with garden var;
- cutting angle - 45 degrees.
The technology of trimming and forming the bush depends on the variety and characteristics of the selected plant.
How to prepare for winter?
Proper preparation for the winter period is an important factor that will affect the condition of the plant in the spring.
Stages of preparation:
- removal of dry branches, flowers;
- the formation of an earthen coma;
- the creation of a sand embankment;
- cover the site with dry grass or branches.
Many gardeners use a new method of sheltering plants. This method involves the manufacture of an iron frame 40 cm high above the flower garden. Styrofoam or another type of insulation is attached to the structure. The entire structure should be covered with a dense plastic film, the edges of which are fixed with earth and stones. Ventilate the structure before severe frosts.
Flower garden is an integral part of every household plot, which consists of various plants. Flowering plants not only aesthetically adorn the territory, but also give a delicate aroma and good mood.
Overview and features of flowering rose spray and others see below.