Shoes take up a lot of space in an apartment, especially if a large family lives in the building. Since the storage of shoes is often associated with the need to maintain order, cleanliness, and also seasonal care, it makes sense to take care of a variety of shoe storage systems in the closet that are suitable for each particular pair.
Benefits of special storage
Many people believe that the purchase and installation of special departments for shoes in cabinets or hallways is a waste of time and money. Shoes can simply be made up at the front door or put into store boxes for the winter. However, they are not quite right.
First of all, if a large family lives in an apartment or a house, a huge number of pairs of shoes at the threshold creates disorder and dirt. Everyone will stumble about how horribly abandoned shoes are, and the right pair will not be easy to find in this mess. In addition, it will not be easy to clean the room, since dirty shoes will have to be moved every time. Also in the autumn-winter season and rainy weather, the entrance hall will be subjected to increased pollution.
To save yourself from a long and exhausting cleaning, it is worth taking care of a more cunning way of storing shoes, for example, galoshes, pallets or special metal shelves.
I must say that shoes that are not worn for a long time (for example, winter boots) should be stored correctly. Even an expensive leather pair will easily lose its appearance if you remove it for the winter in a plastic bag with other pairs, without taking care of the filler and processing of the outer and inner sides of the boots with special means.
Special storage systems do not just allow you to keep everything you need on hand. They organize the space in a stylish, convenient and creative way, allowing you to keep the room in order and decorating it. When cute and beautiful shoe nets, pockets or shelves are present in the room or closet, you don’t want to put dirty groomed shoes on them. Thus, unusual ideas for storing shoes will also help extend the life of shoes.
There are many ways how to most conveniently and ergonomically place shoes in a closet.
First of all, shoe shelves can serve as a great place to put sandals, shoes, sneakers and boots in the closet. They are easy to install in the right amount, even with your own hands. You can use a wooden or metal structure. Wooden shelves will be most suitable for storing shoes for a long time . For example, to remove warm shoes for the summer season, you need to wash and treat them with protective equipment and remove.
Many people prefer to store pairs in factory boxes or specially purchased paper boxes that look more presentable. This is due to the fact that better hygiene is maintained in this way, and the shoes will not be covered with dust.
You can attach photographs of pairs to the boxes, then it will be much easier to find them, especially in a large shoe collection.
The shoe rack can be allocated a special place in the closet. Its shelves can be hinged or extendable. In addition, if the size of the hallway or dressing room allows, you can purchase a separate shoe cabinet with shelves arranged in the most convenient way. Hinged fittings save space best , so it can be placed even in the narrowest room.
A retractable shoe rack is usually part of a large fixed closet or dressing room. Although not everyone can afford to place such a house, if you can still find a place for it, it will greatly simplify everyday life. You can also arrange special compartments for each pair in the closet. So you definitely won’t lose anything, everything will be in place. Such inserts in the cabinet are made of thick cardboard or plastic. The lighting in the cabinet will make using the built-in shelves a simpler and more enjoyable process.
In addition, stationary plastic shelves are popular. Their plus is easy maintenance and low weight of the structure itself, which makes it easy to rearrange and transport when moving. However, not everyone will like the aesthetic appearance of such a piece of furniture.
Metal nets for shoes are designed to replace wooden shelves. They are very durable, easy to care for, they do not absorb and do not accumulate odors. In addition, the mesh design allows the vapors to ventilate and breathe, which is the most hygienic way of storage. The grilles can be made retractable, then they can be rolled out of the cabinet if necessary.
Metal shoe holders are also popular. They resemble hat hangers and differ only in height. It is convenient to hang slippers and slippers on them, as well as other couples in casual style. There are special coasters for women's shoes that cling to the poles with heels. Such a piece of furniture, in addition to its main function, can become a decoration of the hallway.
If the climate is warm, and mostly the inhabitants of the house wear lightweight flat shoes, then you can arrange special pockets that are hung on the cabinet door from the inside or outside or on the wall. They are sewn from dense textile, which, if necessary, can be washed. If you create them from bright and catchy material, this way of organizing space will decorate any interior.
Boxes are a very popular way to store shoes, especially in small apartments. Sometimes it is possible to allocate a box for each pair or at least the type of shoes, but most often everything is stored together. This is a good option for storing shoes, which is used almost every day and needs careful care.
However, it is recommended not to abuse this method. Dirty shoes piled up in a pile will quickly lose their appearance and become worthless.
For example, the fact that the closed box does not circulate well and dust accumulates leads to drying out and cracks on the soles of shoes and artificial leather.
In order to prevent accumulation of dirt in the hallway in wet and snowy weather, it is recommended to use pallets. These are flat plastic boxes filled with pebbles or pebbles, where shoes are placed for drying. This method saves a lot of effort when cleaning rooms.
Below are some interesting, economical, and stylish ideas for storing shoes at home. Perhaps they will inspire designers and apartment owners to their own curious decisions.
- The most common way to store shoes is to put them on shelves. To save space, it is worth using folding shelves. When raised, they take up very little space, but they allow you to keep the entire shoe wardrobe in order.
- A large collection of beautiful shoes can be placed in a personal dressing room. Putting them in a cabinet is only in its pure form and regularly dusting off dust from steam. It is not necessary to store shoes in a closed cabinet for a long time, sometimes couples require airing. Compliance with these simple rules will significantly extend the service life of products.
- Metal shelves are best placed inside a closet or dressing room. They are very practical and durable, and also help prevent dampening of shoes and the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- To place shoes conveniently and to prevent their dusting, pairs can be placed in cardboard boxes or in plastic containers, which are sold in wholesale supermarkets. They have convenient mounts and are quite durable. Transparent walls are an additional advantage of this storage method, but for reliability, you can still attach photos of each pair to the container. This will help to avoid confusion.
- High-heeled shoes don't have to be hidden. They can be made to decorate a room in one of the modern styles. To do this, the pairs are located on metal or plastic rods, for which they cling to heels. This method is not only convenient, but also decorative.
- High-booted boots can be hung on hangers. This method looks very unusual, but can be justified by its convenience. In addition, if the bar for boots is located in the hallway, it does not interfere with wet floor cleaning.
- If the lack of free space does not allow you to store things in any way, except in a box or chest, it is worth taking care of the device of separate compartments for each pair. Instead of a lid, fabric or loose plastic can be used to circulate air in this design.
Each of the above examples is interesting in its own way and can be beaten for each specific interior.
For more shoe storage ideas, see the next video.