If you plan to build a comfortable warm bath at your summer cottage, then the issue of installing a furnace for it is one of the most important. There can be several selection criteria: cost, fuel economy, heating efficiency, and service life.
One of the most profitable options is the Thermofor sauna stove, the pros and cons of which will be discussed later.
The company "Thermofor" has been manufacturing heating equipment since 2003 and has gained vast experience in this industry. The name of the company in Greek means “heat-carrying”, and this speaks for itself: it produces reliable units that effectively warm any room, even in severe frosts.
Among the products of the company "Termofor" there is a wide variety of stoves for a bath, both gas and wood.
The Siberian company Termofor manufactures sauna stoves that can quickly heat the interior of a steam room at low temperatures. Their feature is the combustion chambers made of heat-resistant steel used in aircraft manufacturing, which are able to maintain heat inside for a long time. And the double burning system used allows heating the bath to the required temperature in the shortest possible time. For example, the boiler reaches 100 degrees in 60 - 70 minutes of operation in the frosty winter and literally in half an hour in the summer .
For more than 15 years of work, the manufacturer "Thermofor" has received international certificates in the field of quality and safety standards, as well as many other awards. Heating systems for baths are in great demand and popular in our country and abroad.
Advantages and disadvantages
For all furnaces, Thermofor is used in the manufacture of a pyramidal chamber made of durable alloy steel, which heats the stones for the steam room immediately from 5 sides. The required temperature can be adjusted, with different models the capacity is different - from 25 to 100 kg .
Work with all devices is safe; there is a self-cooling door that cannot be burned.
In addition, bath stoves from this manufacturer have the following advantages:
- material - stainless chrome steel, able to maintain heat for a long time, strong and reliable;
- light weight of the whole structure;
- installation for all types of universal;
- variety of models for any bath;
- reliability and ease of operation, durability.
Of the disadvantages it is worth noting:
- relatively high price for most models;
- the walls of stainless steel furnaces do not exceed a thickness of 3 mm.
But in general, for your suburban bath you can buy a decent option of several types.
The Thermofor company makes more than 30 models of furnaces for a bath with a volume from 4 to 50 cubic meters. m. By type of fuel, they are all divided into gas and wood . The first type has only 4 varieties with a boiler volume of 6 to 18 cubic meters. m. They are successfully used in country houses where gas heating is supplied. The efficiency of such devices is high, and for heating it is only necessary to turn on the furnace in the desired mode and wait 30 to 60 minutes.
Thermofor gas furnaces are made of heat-resistant stainless steel or Carbon structural steel. They have several color options. Some come with ready-made gas equipment, for others you need to buy burners and a gas supply system in addition. If you are too lazy to bother with harvesting firewood and igniting a traditional firebox, then the Taimyr and Urengoy gas stoves from this manufacturer are the most successful option.
Wood-burning stoves "Thermofor" have a much wider variety of models. This is the best option for those who want to feel the natural bathing atmosphere with the heat from burning logs and a pleasant smell of coal. It is possible to choose heating units with a closed heater, with an open one in the form of a barrel or a real fireplace, in which all the beauty of burning firewood is observed.
Such varieties are available with large glass, heat-resistant and safe to touch . They are of great value, but in the bath there will be a unique atmosphere and natural heat from burning natural logs.
- Gas furnaces from the manufacturer "Termofor" "Taimyr" and "Urengoy" have 2 modifications: Inox and Carbon. They differ in the material of manufacture. In the first case, it is heat-resistant stainless steel, in the second - thickened structural. All of them have a modern design and compact dimensions, the heater is open, so it is possible to organize hot wet steam in a traditional Russian bath.
- The model of the Skoropark wood-burning stove is able to heat hot water in a minimum amount of time and form moist steam in the steam room. With it, a comfortable temperature of up to 65 degrees at a humidity of 45% is maintained in the bath. Unlike other manufacturers, it forms water vapor, not dry air. With a weight of 41 kg and a loading volume of firewood of 30 liters.
This oven can heat a steam room with a volume of 10 m³ in half an hour, and the maximum volume of a heated room is 18 m³.
- Variety "Wasp" is ideal for small steam rooms with a volume of 4-9 m3. Its shape is very compact, resembles in appearance a column that can be put in the corner of the steam room. A hidden 10-liter heater and a chimney with a diameter of 115 mm easily heat a small bath and give enough hot water for washing 2-3 people. The case is colored, made of structural high-quality steel. There are 2 options for material: Inox and Carbon.
- Models of Tunguska wood-burning stoves are also of two varieties: Inox and Carbon, have closed or transparent woodburning with heat-resistant glass. With a sturdy steel casing with a thickness of only 2 mm, they are able to heat the steam room to 60 degrees in just 45 minutes. The heater is located on top - it is convenient to give hot water to it. Devices are very compact and effective in work.
- Geyser furnaces have a sufficient volume for heating large steam rooms with an internal volume of up to 40 m3. They are also equipped with thin strong walls with a thickness of 2 mm, so they have a high efficiency. Up to 100 degrees, you can heat the boiler with dry wood in just 1 hour.
- The model from the manufacturer "Termofor" "Sayan" XXL with a heater volume of 150 liters is suitable for large steam rooms where you can create a really powerful heat. The shape of the furnace is very original - in the form of a barrel with a metal frame made of durable shiny steel. The front part is equipped with a translucent screen, so you can always watch the burning firewood.
The Sayany XXL model is designed for efficient heating of steam rooms with a volume of 12 to 24 cubic meters. m
- The Angara furnace with a furnace volume of 40 l and a heater weighing 70 kg is able to heat a room up to 18 cubic meters with natural wood. m. Complete with a tank for heating water and a heat exchanger, it can warm the air in the steam room and water to 100 degrees in 1 hour. It is made of stainless steel, resistant to corrosion, has a nice design, is simple and easy to install.
- The Kalina models are designed for large steam rooms with a volume of up to 30 cubic meters. They have a very large transparent screen with a protective glass with a diagonal of 54 cm, a large heater on top with a volume of 40 liters. The unit casing is black, made of chrome heat-resistant steel. Such furnaces are able to work regularly for 8 to 10 years; a product warranty is usually given for 3 years.
- Inox Anthracite bath stoves Vitruvia have a very original design. The case is made of black and silver strong steel, on the front panel there is a huge screen through which you can watch burning firewood. Its size is 58 centimeters on the diagonal, and this is a record among the Thermofor lineup. And the indicators of furnace heating are large: the unit heats a room of 18 cubic meters in a minimum time m, the heater holds 45 kg of stones.
The installation of Thermofor stoves should be carried out depending on the technical characteristics of the selected model: the volume of the heated room and the fuel consumed, the width and length of the chimney, the height of the chimney above the roof. In addition, all work is carried out in accordance with sanitary standards SNiP 41-01-2003.
The stove must be placed on a flat horizontal surface, the floor under it and the wall adjacent to the unit, it is best to sheathe metal sheet to prevent fire . The furnace door must be at least 1250 mm from the opposite wall.
It is very important to connect the correct chimney. It should be made of a sealed metal pipe, corresponding in diameter to the Thermofor stove of this model, not have horizontal sections, be isolated from the ceiling, attic and roof. The top of the chimney should be at least 500 mm from the canvas , it should have a heater and an upper umbrella.
The wooden floor in the bath must be isolated from the stove, and the walls should be protected with a screen.
Features of use
Before the first kindling, first of all, it is necessary to make sure that the furnace and heat exchanger, water tank, protective structures and chimney are correctly installed and connected. For the first time, it is absolutely necessary to heat it with the door and windows open, having loaded the firebox and water tank to the full volume , with an empty heater and for at least 1 hour.
At first use, a specific chemical odor may be released due to fresh engine oil, which lubricates the unit parts. This should not be afraid - with further regular use, it will disappear.
After the first kindling, it is necessary to wait until the furnace cools down completely, empty the tank from water, and the firebox - from the remnants of burnt wood, ventilate the steam room. After that, you can load the heater with stones (in accordance with its working volume) and use the furnace for its intended purpose.
With regular use, it is forbidden to leave the Thermofor stove unattended, to melt it with wood with gasoline or other flammable liquids, to dry any things on the unit body, to close or open the door, including a transparent one, not by the handle, to ignite the wood fuel channel.
Owners who have purchased various models of Thermofor stoves for their baths mostly speak positively of them. Heating appliances are appreciated for their reliability, fastidiousness in work, excellent efficiency with little use of firewood. However, most of the modifications, thanks to a transparent screen, give an excellent picture of burning firewood, which many also appreciate.
In general, they note that at a similar price this is the most profitable choice from domestic heating devices for a suburban bath. Of the gas options, the most positive comments are on the Thermofor Taimyr Carbon models, and of the wood ones, they prefer Angara and Tunguska stoves.
An overview of the Thermofor furnace is given below.