The bed is the main detail of the bedroom. Such furniture should not only be beautiful and of high quality, but also comfortable. One of the most popular and sought after are comfortable double beds. Fortunately, modern manufacturers produce a variety of double models and equip them with various functional details.
Typically, double beds are spacious and very comfortable. They fit perfectly into many environments: from classic to modern. Most often, such interior items are equipped with large and roomy linen drawers. They are installed on the bottom or side of the bed. Such additions are very useful, especially if the area of the bedroom is not large. They can conveniently place not only bedding, rugs and pillows, but also other items for which the homeowners have not found a suitable place.
It is very easy to choose a mattress for such furniture. Modern double-deckers are equipped with reliable bases with wooden slats. Such basics are designed to install a high-quality orthopedic mattress. Experts recommend referring to just such sleeping lodges, since they are not only as convenient as possible, but also useful for the spine.
You can choose a comfortable double model for a room of any size. Today in furniture stores it is possible to find products of different dimensions and designs. The most popular, of course, are the classic rectangular options. But there is bedroom furniture and other modifications. For example, it can be an interesting angular or rounded model.
Models and Views
Double copies today are presented in a huge assortment. You can choose the right product for both an adult and a children's bedroom. Let's consider in more detail all possible varieties of double beds:
- Most often, in interiors there is a standard double frame bed of a rectangular shape. Such models will never lose their relevance, as they have a simple and attractive appearance. As a rule, such models are inexpensive, because they do not have additionally installed mechanisms and spare parts.
- Creative design boasts an original round bed. As a rule, with such models the mattress is included and also has a round shape. Such pieces of furniture look especially organically in modern interiors. They are placed not only in city apartments, but also in country houses or country houses. You can revive the interior and make it more harmonious with the help of a hanging round bed. Such furniture is located at a short distance from the floor. Such beds are attached to the ceiling in various ways, depending on the weight of the berth and the condition of the ceiling finish.
- A double bed may or may not have a headboard. Such parts are made of different materials and have different designs. Classic options are common, in which the headboard is a continuation of the bed frame. There are also such products in which the headboard is a separate part and is attached to the wall above the bed. The role of the head of the bedroom furniture can also play a wall finish. For example, the interiors of bedrooms look interesting, in which instead of standard bed headboards, beautiful wooden panels are installed on the wall.
- Double beds are often made with various additional elements. So, copies with one or three backs, soft sides or a side back are in great demand today. Such parts can have not only regular geometric shapes and angular edges. Beds with sides and backs of wavy shapes look original and elegant. They can also be complemented by elegant carved compositions.
Such elements can visually make a double bed larger and bulky, therefore, such furniture should be selected carefully. It is not recommended to place products with high and thick side walls in a small bedroom. They may seem too heavy in such conditions:
- Comfortable and practical are corner double beds . As a rule, they are equipped with three or two sides along the perimeter. Designers do not recommend placing such furniture in the central part of the room or away from the walls.
The most successful place for a corner bed will be one of the free corners of the bedroom.
- Instead of a regular bed in the bedroom, you can put a sofa bed or an armchair bed. Such soft transforming furniture can be folding or rolling out depending on the mechanism. Sofas and armchairs with extra beds can also have an orthopedic base, on which you can lay a comfortable orthopedic mattress.
Most often, sofas and chair beds are chosen for small bedrooms. In a non-separable state, such furniture seems compact and even miniature. If you decompose simple mechanisms, then you will see a spacious berth for two people:
- Interesting and futuristic design have double "soaring" beds. They are attached to the wall at a certain distance from the floor. In such models, you will not find any additional supports or legs.
- For a bedroom in which two children live, a bunk bed is ideal. Such models are often equipped with convenient stairs or steps for ease of access to the second tier. Modern manufacturers produce two-tier models, supplemented by several spacious drawers and cabinets in which you can store bedding, children's clothes and toys.
- Recently, multifunctional walls have appeared on the furniture market, in which there is a folding bed built into a niche, as well as convenient cabinets and shelves . A berth in such constructions is easily cleaned with a simple folding mechanism. The orientation of the folding beds is most often horizontal. But there are also sets with vertical berths.
- Folding beds and sofa beds are common today. In such furniture, the base with the mattress is lifted using special lifting mechanisms. At the bottom there is a spacious open niche in which you can store large items or bedding.
- The trend of recent years is homemade prefabricated beds from wooden Euro pallets. Such furnishings only seem unreliable and fragile. In fact, such furniture is more likely to bother you than fail. A bed of pallets is assembled from separate pallets (6-12 pieces), interconnected using self-tapping screws. Such constructions are collapsible and they can be easily modified if you want to.
Such home-made options can be low and located on the floor. But you can make a higher bed from pallets on legs. Simple and original furniture made of wooden pallets can have a foot and a headboard. The grounds in these models are different. The mattress can be laid simply on the surface of pallets, as on a solid rigid base.
Some people install bases with lamellas in such structures and lay an orthopedic mattress on it.
- Heavy loads can withstand double beds equipped with reinforced bases. In such designs, the lamellas are located close to each other, which allows you to optimally distribute the load on the sleeping bed. Such options are recommended for people whose weight reaches 100 kg or more.
Double beds can have various configurations. Some companies offer the service of self-selection of the necessary additions to bedroom furniture. Let us consider in more detail what details modern double beds can be equipped with:
- Practical are sleeping places equipped with bedside tables. On them you can place table lamps, gadgets, books and other necessary little things that people try to keep closer to the bed.
- Canopy beds have a truly fabulous design. Such additions have different designs and are made out of different fabrics. Charming interior items are suitable for both an adult and a children's bedroom.
- The interior of the bedroom will be more organic and complete if it is supplemented with a double bed with a bedside unit or a bedside module. These parts can have different dimensions and are equipped with drawers, shelves or built-in niches.
- You can freshen up the atmosphere with a backlit bed . Most often, such decorative elements are installed in the lower or lateral part of bedroom furniture.
- Multifunctional are double beds with massage. As a rule, such a function in bedroom furniture has several degrees of intensity and is controlled using a remote control.
- Double beds can be supplemented not only with classic bedside tables, but also with original hanging bedside tables . Typically, these parts are a continuation of a large headboard and are located a short distance above the floor.
The furniture painted in white has a refreshing image. A bed of this color will be in harmony with many ensembles. But do not forget that the white color can visually make the furniture larger and heavier, so it is not recommended to place it in a small bedroom.
Fashionable and attractive is a black double bed. Particularly spectacular and attractive, such furniture looks against a contrasting background. For example, it can be walls of white, beige or cream color. Expensive and stylish is the natural color of wenge.
Furniture of this shade will look harmonious in a room with wall decoration in soft, deep or light colors.
To create a bright and creative environment, a bright blue bed is ideal. A similar color looks impressive in tandem with white, cream, chocolate, blue and turquoise. Universal furniture is alder and milk oak. These natural shades have a calming effect and are great for the bedroom.
The red bed will look juicy and rich in the interior. However, with such furniture should be careful. Such a coloring, especially if it has a bright shade, can cause irritation in the homeowners.
The beds are made of both expensive natural and cheaper artificial materials.
- The most environmentally friendly and attractive models are made of natural wood . Most often, in the production of beds, solid pine, durable and durable oak, beech, inexpensive birch, noble wenge, light alder, etc. are used. Such furniture pleases customers not only with a long service life, but also with excellent performance. From a natural wood material comes a pleasant and soothing aroma that fills the entire room.
Also, the tree has excellent thermal properties. So, at low temperatures, a bed made of natural material does not become cold, and in hot conditions it does not overheat. Such furniture is expensive, and not every consumer can buy it.
- Cheaper are beds made of chipboard, plywood or MDF . These home furnishings look attractive, but are less wear-resistant and durable. In addition, chipboard is a toxic material, since hazardous formaldehyde resins are used in the manufacturing process.
- Steel beds are the most durable and wear-resistant . But unfortunately, furniture made of such a material will look organically far from all styles.
For the upholstery of double beds, the following materials are most often used:
- Genuine leather . Leather models are expensive and are durable and wear resistant.
- Faux leather. This high-tech material is elastic and soft to the touch. Eco-leather beds are not much different from leather ones, but they are cheaper.
- Leatherette . Such upholstery is dense, but less wear-resistant. Leatherette does not tolerate temperature extremes. Also, cracks may appear on its surface over time.
- Textiles . For fabric finishes, materials such as velor, jacquard, plush, tapestry, chenille, microfiber are most often used.
The length of the berth should be 20 cm more than the height of a person. The longest is a large bed with a length of 210 cm. It is perfect for a user with a height of 190 cm. The most common are beds with dimensions of 160x200 cm. For this model, it is easy to choose a mattress and bed linen.
Wide and spacious are sleeping places with sizes 200x210 and 200x220 cm. For smaller rooms it is better to choose narrower options. The standard height of double beds is 45 cm.
Popular styles and designs
For each stylistic direction, you can choose the perfect furniture:
- For a light and delicate Provence style, a simple and natural wooden bed, decorated with bedding in soft colors, is ideal.
- For sophisticated classics, you can pick up larger and heavier furniture made of dark wood (with and without varnish). Carved footboards and headboards will look harmonious in such an environment.
- In the Art Nouveau style , a bed with regular and simple shapes will organically look. It is advisable to choose furniture in light and neutral colors and complement it with contrasting bedding.
- Fanciful and luxurious interiors can be complemented by chic spacious beds decorated with a carriage screed and furniture studs. Upholstery of such products may be leather or velvet.
- For a high-tech interior, a bed with metal and glass details is suitable. You can choose a more modern "soaring" model.
- The ensemble in the "loft" style should be complemented with wooden furniture. It may have a rough look. Organically in such interiors will fit poorly processed wood surfaces of furniture.
- In the Japanese style, you can arrange a simple and concise bed of dark (slightly less - light) wood species, having a headboard of the correct shape.
Rating of the best designer beds
High-quality and beautiful double models are produced by Malaysia. Attractive beds from this manufacturer are made from natural solid Hevea and metal. For example, the elegant model "Gledis" (Gledis) with a size of 140x200 cm is made of natural wood and complemented by beautiful forged details (head and foot).
In the Russian market, furniture manufacturers from Europe are very popular. Luxurious double beds are produced by the furniture factory from Italy - Arketipo . This manufacturer offers a choice of customers high-quality and solid models made of natural materials, made in different styles.
Arketipo's signature Italian beds are especially popular with upholstered headboards and furniture studs. Such exquisite design has a model Windsor Dream .
Spectacular models with carved and curly headboards are produced by the Italian furniture factory Bolzan. The products of this brand are equipped with linen boxes, made of natural wood and complemented with rhinestones.
High-quality double models are offered by Belarusian manufacturers. For example, elegant and solid furniture made of solid oak is produced by the Gomeldrev brand. Luxurious products of dark and light shades called “Bosphorus Premium” are in great demand.
Laconic and minimalistic beds are offered by the Bobruiskmebel brand. It is worth noting high-quality models made from natural American cherry and oak called “Valencia”. They are presented in three colors.
Beautiful European beds are offered by the German company Wald and Former. The products of these brands are made from both natural and cheaper materials and are suitable for interiors of different styles.
Popular and worldwide double beds are offered by Chinese, Polish and Spanish manufacturers. Even the most demanding buyer can choose the right option.
How to choose?
Choosing a double bed should be based on the following criteria:
- Price If the budget allows, then you should buy an expensive premium bed made from natural materials. Such elite products are distinguished by a chic and stylish design. If you are not ready to spend big money, then it is better to buy a cheaper or economy class model.
- Frame and warp. The design of the bed should be of high quality and durable. It is recommended to choose models with wooden slats.
- Size . For a spacious room, you can buy a large two-bedroom model with side tables and other additional elements. You can also pick up an unusual king-size large bed. For a small bedroom it is better to buy a compact model.
- Design. The appearance of the bed should be consistent with the style of the bedroom. If you buy a bed for a nursery, then it is better to give preference to a simple home model in a pleasant color and complement it with bedding with interesting prints.
Interior placement tips
For a one-room apartment, it is better to choose a folding sofa or chair-bed, a small bed of rectangular or angular design. The second option must be placed in the corner of the room.
For spacious rooms, more spacious models with high headboards and sides or round beds designed for large rooms are suitable.
You can see even more varieties of double beds in the next video.