Printers are integral assistants in office work. With their help, you can easily transfer text or a picture typed on a computer to a sheet of paper for a minimum period of time. Printers come in many forms of work on various paper sizes. In this article we will consider laser printers with A3 paper size.
A3 format laser printers are devices whose operating principle is similar to a copy machine. First, a magnetized area forms on the paper, onto which the printing powder is subsequently attracted. Then a sheet of paper gets into print. Upon completion of printing, the powder cools and hardens, and the finished image or text remains on a paper sheet. A3 format is a paper size of 297 * 420 mm. Laser printers have a fairly high price compared to inkjet counterparts. They make it possible to print high quality text or pictures.
They print more quickly, they have a longer service life, and refilling cartridges is not difficult.
The cartridge resource is designed for a large number of sheets; during operation, they emit a low noise level, are environmentally friendly and safe for humans. Printers with the A3 format are perfect for printing a graduation project or a term paper, for working with drawings and all that is needed for student learning.
With their help, you can give out sketches of the stained-glass window, created by yourself, you do not need to calculate an additional scale, since the A3 format will greatly simplify the task.
Laser printers differ in quality and color. It can be color and black and white monochrome options. Monochrome printers use thinner paper, they are much smaller in size, transmit images in a black and white palette, but no worse than color. Able to transmit though a black and white image, but with different shades of gray.
- The model of the HP Color LaserJet Pro CP 5225 laser printer has a maximum expansion of 600 * 600 dpi, it does both color and black and white printing at a speed of 20 pages per minute, printing of the first page begins after 17 seconds. Cartridge yield is 75,000 pages. The yield of black and white per month is 7000 pages, and color - 7300. The device is equipped with four cartridges. Data transfer is possible by connecting to a computer via a USB cable. The control panel has a monochrome screen with which you can control the progress of the specified functions. For work, paper with a density of 60 g / m2 to 227 gm2 is used. RAM is 192 MB, and the processor frequency is 540 MHz. The paper feed tray holds 350 sheets and 250 sheets for dispensing. During operation, the device consumes 440 watts. The model weighs 40.9 kg and has the following parameters: width 599 mm, depth 338 mm, height 545 mm.
- The HP Laser Jet Enterprise printer model is designed in black and white and has a stylish design. It has a maximum resolution of 1200 * 1200 dpi, is equipped with one black and white cartridge, the resource of which has 100,000 pages, and the monthly resource is 10,000 pages. Printing the first page starts after 11 seconds. The device can issue 41 sheets per minute. There is the possibility of duplex printing. The monochrome model transfers data to a computer via a USB cable or via a network. For more convenient use, there is a monochrome screen on which the specified function and the stages of its execution are visible. For work, it is necessary to use paper with a density of 60 gm2 to 200 gm2 square. The RAM of the device is 512 MB, the processor frequency is 800 MHz. The paper feed tray holds 600 sheets, and for 250 sheets, during operation the device emits a minimum noise level of 56 dB, but consumes 786 watts of power. The model weighs 38.5 kg and has the following parameters: width 568 mm, depth 596 mm, and height 392 mm.
- The Kyocera FS-9530DN printer has laser printing technology with monochrome color. The maximum resolution is 1200 * 1200 dpi. The device has one black and white cartridge with a resource of 300,000 pages, and can print 40,000 pages per month. Printing of the first page starts after 4 seconds, the printer can produce 51 sheets per minute. There is a duplex function. For work, it is necessary to use fairly thin paper with a density of 45 gm2 to 200 gm2. The RAM of the model is 128 MB, and the processor frequency is 600 MHz. The feeder tray holds 1,200 sheets, and for the output of 500. During operation, it emits noise with a level of 51 dB. Consumes 900 watts of power. The model is made in gray color and stylish design. The control panel has a small monochrome screen with which you can observe and control a given function. The model weighs 68 kg and has such dimensions: width 646 mm, depth 615 mm, height 599 mm.
- The OKI C823 dn printer is made in white and comes with 4-color color laser printing. Data transfer is possible via a USB cable and the Internet. There is a duplex function. Maximum media size A3. The print speed is 23 pages per minute, and the extension is 1200 * 600 dpi. The monthly cartridge load is 75,000 pages. To monitor the performance of functions there is a small display. The device weighs 40 kg and has the following dimensions: width 449 mm, height 360 mm, depth 552 mm.
- The Kyocera ECOSYS P404DN model is equipped with laser monochrome printing technology and has a maximum resolution of 1200 * 1200 dpi. The yield of a black and white cartridge is designed for 15,000 pages. Printing the first page starts at 8 seconds. It can print 40 pages per minute. There is a duplex function. Data transfer is possible through connecting to a computer using a USB cable, via a network and an SD card reader. The device has a small monochrome screen. The RAM of the device is 256 MB, and the processor frequency is 750 MHz. The input tray holds 600 sheets, and 500 sheets for dispensing. The model works very silently and has an indicator of 50 dB. Power consumption is 642 watts. The device is quite compact and has a small weight of 20 kg. Its parameters are: width 469 mm, depth 410 mm and height 320 mm. This is the best model that has cheap consumables.
If you decide to purchase a laser printer with this paper size, then when you select it, you need to consider some parameters. A very important indicator is the amount of memory and the high frequency of the processor . The more these indicators, the better the printed image will be formed. The device memory can be increased with the help of additional modules.
When choosing, pay attention to the cartridge . Each cartridge has its own resource, so if you use the printer a lot, then when choosing a model, you need to dwell on the cartridges with the highest resource. If during use the resource is often exceeded, the device will quickly fail. Not so indicative parameter is the output of the first page. After all, the difference in indicators is seconds, and this is not so much.
Despite the fact that you can refill the cartridge for the first time yourself, but over time you still have to purchase a new one. Its cost depends on the brand of printer. For example, consumables in HP printers are several times more expensive than in Samsung or Canon counterparts. It is useful in the printer to transfer data over the Internet. With it, you can set the print from a distance from your mobile with a special application. Print speed plays an important role. If you purchase the device for business purposes, and sometimes printing at the office is urgently needed and does not require slowing down, then the maximum and best would be 60 sheets per minute.
See an overview of the A3 laser printer below.