Silk bedding not only looks luxurious and elegant, but also gives amazing comfort, which is very important for a good rest. In addition, silk products are characterized by a mass of useful qualities. Therefore, we can say that choosing silk pillowcases, buyers take care of their health.
Speaking about the features of pillowcases made of silk, we should separately consider the useful qualities of this material.
- The material is natural and environmentally friendly, as it is extracted from a silkworm cocoon. The composition of the tissue includes 18 amino acids and natural protein, which has a beneficial effect on the skin of the face. Touching it during rest, silk prevents the development of early wrinkles, prevents dryness, maintains elasticity and healthy skin color.
- Applying a night face cream before bedtime, a woman may not worry that all the useful composition will be absorbed into the pillow. Silk smooth tissue will not allow this, but, on the contrary, will contribute to moisturizing and high-quality penetration of the product into the pores. Even some dermatologists recommend that patients with skin problems sleep on silk pillowcases.
- Dust mites do not live in this matter, mold does not start, and therefore the fabric belongs to hypoallergenic materials. Silk pillowcases are suitable for patients with asthma.
- Experts note the beneficial effects of silk on hair. Being on the slippery surface of the pillow, the strands never cling or get confused, in the morning they do not form lumps.
- Silk bedding is smooth, very nice to the touch. Sleeping on it is comfortable and cozy, but a sound sleep is the key to health and success in all endeavors.
It is worth noting that this material has a number of minuses.
- The fabric does not absorb moisture, so ugly marks may remain on the surface of the pillowcase. Less of these typos are noticeable on products of dark tones.
- 100 percent material is wrinkled, which affects its appearance. At the same time, it is impossible to iron such a fabric.
- The disadvantage of the product is its price. Real natural matter is not accessible to everyone.
How to choose?
To make a silk pillowcase really beneficial, use some recommendations for choosing bedding.
- Make sure it is 100% natural silk, not synthetic. If you have a cheap product in front of you, it is unlikely that it will really benefit. Real natural material cannot cost a little.
- The most preferred option is charmeuse. This material is very light and gentle, it looks elegant, differs in airiness, strength, durability.
- Most often, natural silk bedding has no design. The material itself is shiny, so it looks very elegant and without drawings. The stores also offer sets with abstract patterns on silk fabric. Such options also look very sophisticated. Silk is beautiful in pastel colors, and in saturated shades (in burgundy, red, brown).
- Do not forget about the sizes. If your pillow has dimensions 50x70, then, accordingly, the pillowcase should have the same dimensions. The same rule applies to duvet covers.
So, silk pillowcases were bought and tested by households. Now we have to learn about the rules for caring for these delicate products. In general, care does not require compliance with any important conditions, since the material is strong, reliable and durable.
But if you want your products to last even longer, remaining soft and pleasant for several years, then listen to some valuable tips.
- Pillowcases are best washed gently without the use of chemical stain removers and bleach.
- It is better to wash products with your hands using a mild powder specially formulated for silk care.
- If you still wash clothes in the machine, you should refuse automatic spinning. It is better to squeeze the canvas on your own, carefully, without twisting it. To dry after washing, hang pillowcases in a room with room temperature.
- In no case should you iron such a fabric.
- Ventilate the room before making a bed in the morning. So pillowcases will remain fresh and pleasant for a long time.
Most reviews of silk pillowcases are positive. Consumers note the chic appearance of products. Among buyers there are even those who take care of silk bedding for “special occasions” or for guests (boast). Silk bed becomes an excellent occasion for young couples to relax from everyday problems and again experience romantic feelings.
The advantages of the product are its durability and resistance to various mechanical damage.
Among the shortcomings of the material, consumers note the inability of the fabric to retain heat , therefore silk sets are mainly used in the summer. Also, not everyone likes the smoothness of matter. According to some buyers, sleeping on a silk pillowcase is uncomfortable, because the pillow is constantly slipping. If a holidaymaker sweats at night, then ugly yellow spots remain on a pillowcase of light shades. Not all consumers are satisfied with the price of products.
When buying silk bedding, remember that you become the owner of a stylish, luxurious set that you need to properly care for.
Only in this case, pillowcases made of natural material will provide you with a healthy and comfortable sleep, which, in turn, will affect your performance, physical activity and psycho-emotional state.
See the following video for an overview of silk pillowcases.