The gloves are acid - alkali resistant - reliable protection for specialists working in the industrial field. They are convenient to use due to the thin material that protects the skin of the hands and hands from interactions with chemistry. There are several varieties of such products, but in this article we will talk about acid-alkali-resistant gloves of type 2.
Gloves are an important part of an employee’s protective clothing when in contact with aggressive solutions containing chemical compounds. Acid-alkali-resistant products retain their effectiveness even at high temperatures (up to +35 degrees): they do not pass liquid and provide complete protection.
Technical rubber products of type 2 have a thickness of 0.35 to 0.55 mm. The permissible concentration of concentrates when using this type of gloves is up to 20%.
Each glove box contains a description of what the percentage of chemistry should be in order to ensure proper protection. The first type of product is often used for heavier work, where loading and moving chemicals is needed. KShchS gloves of type 2 are used in laboratories or when performing those tasks where it is necessary to feel the structure of the subject.
Products have several advantages:
- textured surface prevents small objects from slipping;
- thermal conductivity allows you to comfortably carry out work;
- the products are full, the absence of seams gives additional protection;
- easy to clean after use, reusable;
- have an affordable price;
- do not cause allergic reactions;
- withstand large mechanical stress;
- convenient in work where it is necessary to feel the structure of the subject;
- do not constrain movement.
Scope of application
Chemical resistant latex gloves are used today in various fields:
- pharmaceutics - used in the manufacture of medicines, in laboratories in contact with chemicals;
- automotive industry - work in this area involves contact with engine oils and fluids, which include acid compounds;
- chemical industry - when working in this type of production, employees are equipped with a full protective kit, where gloves are part of a protective suit, without them being in the workplace is unacceptable;
- agricultural work - even in this industry you have to deal with chemicals: when using insect and rodent control agents, at the time of disinfection of equipment and premises.
Gloves are made of durable and resistant material - latex . They have elasticity and take the shape of a hand, without giving an uncomfortable feeling when used. They are made on the basis of natural raw materials - rubber tree.
Gloves, like other products, have quality standards. Modern KShchS gloves have 2 layers.
- Top do with the addition of soot.
- The interior consists entirely of high-quality latex that does not cause allergies to the skin of the hands.
Glove manufacturers use the classic size range , where S is the smallest size and is used mainly by women, while the maximum sizes L and XL are suitable for men.
The length of the product is generally always used standard - 280 mm, which allows you to completely protect the hand from interactions with chemicals.
Among manufacturers, it is worth highlighting the Mapa professional brand, which offers high-quality products:
- Superfood 174, 175 - suitable for working with food;
- Vital 115, 117, 124 - can be operated in a slightly aggressive environment;
- Optimo 454 - provides protection when interacting with a moderately aggressive environment and others.
How to use?
The use of KHSV gloves is necessary when working with substances that can damage the skin, such substances include acids and alkalis, dyes, oils and salts, free-flowing chemicals and non-toxic dust.
Depending on the intensity of use and the material of work, the type of protection is selected . Type 2 products have a finer structure, which allows working with aggressive substances up to 4 hours, they can also be reused, but only if they are properly processed after use and stored.
See an overview of the Mapa Vital 117 Alto.