Today, YouTube is the largest video hosting company that has managed to conquer the whole world. The multimillion-dollar audience prefers this Internet portal for several reasons. Firstly, this is free content for all users. Secondly, YouTube allows its users to upload their own videos and make them publicly viewable. Thirdly, YouTube offers several options for channel monetization, opening access to the more extensive functionality of the service.
But this is not all the features that video hosting has. Due to the growing popularity of YouTube, developers have created applications designed for installation on phones, laptops, PCs and televisions equipped with Smart TV technology. Moreover, Samsung, a leader in TV production, has put YouTube widget in the list of standard firmware applications for its devices. All eminent brands followed this example.
Today, the YouTube widget is an integral part of the firmware of TVs equipped with Smart TV technology. But, despite the constant additions to the technical components of this application, there are situations when YouTube stops working.
Most often, a problem of this nature arises on Sony TVs. Of course, all the equipment of this manufacturer is famous for high quality, but the software of some devices leaves much to be desired. But on TVs of other manufacturers equipped with Smart TV technology, YouTube video hosting does not start or does not show videos at all for completely different reasons.
Lack of internet
In this case, we are talking about interference with a wireless connection or mechanical damage with a wired connection.
Outdated version of the application
Quite often, programs that have not been updated, stop working on devices of any type.
TV system problems
In this case, there can be many reasons for the malfunction of the device.
Some of them affect the launch of installed programs.
In case of system malfunctions of TV devices, the YouTube service most often does not play video.
We are talking about modifications to multimedia TV devices created before 2012 and after. At the same time, in older TVs, the widget either does not open or is missing. In some devices, the service icon remained at the same menu position, but ceased to be active.
Technical issues with YouTube video hosting service
In simple words, the technical support of the site temporarily suspends the operation of video hosting to make adjustments to the system.
How to fix problems?
After reviewing the possible causes of a malfunctioning YouTube service, you need to understand how to fix them.
- If there is no Internet connection, you need to check the connection system. Perhaps the wire has departed from the router or from the TV itself. In addition, many users report that poor network connectivity is often associated with bad weather. If the street is snowing, heavy rain or strong winds, the wireless Internet connection suffers. At the same time, the pages of the hosting itself take a long time to load, and the videos slow down while watching.
- No matter how high-tech characteristics TVs differ, they cannot work forever. A few years after the purchase, the board may burn out, the wires inside the structure may burn out, dead pixels appear on the screen. But the most unpleasant thing is the deterioration of the response speed to the remote control signals. All these points lead to incorrect operation of the multimedia TV device, and also affect the launch of programs and applications installed in the software. Only a specialist in the repair of household appliances or an official service center can help in solving these problems.
- The lack of updating the YouTube application is also the reason for the inability to use this video hosting . Of course, many modern devices based on Smart software make updating applications and programs automatically. However, if the TV does not have such a function, it is necessary to update the system elements manually.
- Each program and application installed on gadgets and devices of various types, even with the latest update, may fail . If the YouTube video hosting service has a problem, access to the operation of this application will be limited for all devices. It is impossible to try to solve this problem on your own, as the user is not able to influence the technical support of the site. But to make sure that the problem is precisely a malfunction in the service will help any other device on which a similar widget is installed.
- Error 400. There are times when a similar message appears on the screen when starting the YouTube application. According to an official source, error 400 is a network issue. However, users note that this failure can occur due to clogged cache and problems with the account to log in. The solution to this issue will be cleaning the download folder, since an oversupply of data entails a malfunction in the work of various programs and applications. In addition, cleaning must be done even if the applications begin to slow down slightly. To clear the cache, you need to penetrate the settings of the YouTube application on the TV. Go down to the very end and find the clear button.
- Another problem faced by owners of smart TVs developed before 2012 is the complete disabling of YouTube video hosting. According to the technical support of the service, their website and application are constantly being upgraded. Accordingly, TV devices created before 2012 will not be compatible with the latest YouTube app.
But even in this situation, the craftsmen were able to find a way out, and to this day enjoy the benefits of YouTube video hosting. To be among these lucky ones, you will need to purchase a new flash drive . On a regular computer or laptop, download the YouTube widget. Unzip the downloaded file to a new folder on the purchased flash drive. After the flash drive is inserted into the TV.
Next, the Smart Hub service is launched on the TV, which will display information about the data from the USB flash drive, namely the widget.
The only inconvenience is the inability to update the program through the official online store. To install the latest version of YouTube, you need to remove the USB flash drive, delete information from it, also download the latest version of the widget on your PC and make the program reinstallation procedure.
Alternative viewing methods
It’s extremely frustrating for some users of smart TVs to realize that their multimedia devices do not have the YouTube app. Accordingly, they cannot enjoy watching their favorite movies and TV shows. To correct this mistake, they are trying to find any ways to install the widget application of the popular video hosting.
In the official version, you need to download the YouTube widget in the online store of the TV.
Moreover, YouTube is a free application. However, there are alternative ways to set the viewing of this service.
- The most relevant is the installation of a special utility that allows you to switch the image from any other gadgets to the TV screen. For example, for any Samsung model, this utility is Video TV Cast. With its help, the image from the screen of the smartphone is displayed on the TV.
- Another way that many users resort to is connecting a tablet or smartphone to the TV and then connecting the devices to a wireless network. In simple words, the phone is paired with a TV, after which both devices connect to a single Wi-Fi network.
- There is also a method of relaying, which, unfortunately, is not in great demand - this is the activation of the function of transmitting a signal to a TV screen. In simple words, on a third-party device, such as a smartphone or tablet, the broadcast function is activated by transferring the IP address to the television device.
- In addition to the options presented, the owner of the TV can use a standard browser . Next, in the search engine, you must enter the name of the YouTube site. In the window that opens, the main page of the service will be displayed with a lot of videos corresponding to the user's wishes. It should be noted that this method is more convenient, but not every owner of smart TVs uses it.
See why YouTube doesn’t work on TV.