It’s comfortable to equip a small room with area - one of the most difficult tasks for owners of small-sized apartments. As a rule, choosing between comfort and modern design, we often have to make a compromise. And one of the successful options in this case is the purchase of comfortable and compact furniture in your apartment.
Even if you live in a small room, you can very well create a cozy atmosphere for relaxation and a pleasant pastime for all members of your family.
The first thing we need to place in the interior of a small room is comfortable upholstered furniture. Ideal option for limited space, it is, of course, transformers among which armchairs-beds occupy one of the most popular positions. Due to its huge popularity, this piece of furniture has a wide range of diverse models, so you can easily choose an option that fully meets your tastes and requirements.
Undoubtedly, a chair-bed is one of the most comfortable elements of furniture. In the evening, you can relax in it with your favorite book, after a busy day, and at night it will turn into a warm, cozy nest for a sound and full sleep.
In addition, a small and compact chair in a confined space is a great save on space.
And in the armchair-bed there are also a number of advantages in comparison with traditional pieces of furniture, and this, first of all:
- Small compared to a regular bed or sofa.
- Combination of various functions: during the day - a comfortable chair, at night - a separate berth.
- Comfort and usability for small rooms and small apartments.
- Low weight of the product, which promotes mobility, which facilitates the process of cleaning and moving furniture in the room.
- Flexible price range available to a wide range of customers.
Features of choice
When choosing a chair-bed, you need to consider not only the quality of the design, but also your individual needs.
- The first thing you need to pay attention to is the ideal stability of the product when unfolded, as well as sufficient space to organize a comfortable sleeping place for you.
- The second important condition is the simplicity and convenience of the folding mechanism, which allows even a child to easily cope with turning the chair into a comfortable bed for sleeping.
- Another important criterion is high wear resistance in everyday use.
- It is also worth paying special attention to the build quality and the material from which the furniture is made. It will also be nice to find out from the seller whether the upholstery of the model you like tolerates cleaning.
- And, of course, choosing this piece of furniture for your room, you should not forget that your chair should correspond to the given design of the room. This can be either a harmonious combination with the overall design of the room, or a game of contrasts, depending on what style you have chosen to organize your living space.
Types of folding chairs
One of the most popular types of chair beds in our time are models with orthopedic mattresses , which are particularly versatile and have enhanced functionality.
As a rule, models of this type have a sturdy construction and a durable coating that is resistant to repeated use. Moreover, they have a relatively low weight, which allows even children to easily cope with the transformation of the chair into a comfortable sleeping place.
The orthopedic basis of this model provides the correct and comfortable position of the body during sleep, which contributes to excellent relaxation and healing of your body.
Another popular model that is ideal for a small room is a chair-bed with a spacious box for linen . The effectiveness and compactness of this model is difficult to overestimate. Due to some design features, the box for linen is not present in every model. The volume of the laundry compartment in different models is also different. The largest linen compartment, as a rule, have models with a roll-out mechanism.
A corner armchair-bed is one of the most effective ways to save usable space in a small room. Two backs of the chair, combined at right angles, are formed using a mechanism in which only one side is laid out to arrange a berth. The super compact dimensions of this model allow you to easily install it in almost any interior.
Those who like to sleep on a wide surface can be offered a chair-bed model without armrests . Its main advantage - the lack of a traffic limiter - is ideal for people who can not stand stiffness and crampedness during sleep. This model also has the advantage of being assembled, as it takes up less space and looks more neat and compact, even in a very small room.
For young children , special chairs with a built-in bed are also developed. Often manufacturers make such models of bright colors in the form of cars, animals or fabulous creatures. When choosing a children's model, special attention must be paid to the environmental friendliness of the material from which the furniture is made.
Key quality criteria
When buying a chair-bed, remember that healthy sleep is your main need, which this piece of furniture is designed to satisfy, so choose only high-quality copies. Particular attention should be paid to the following quality criteria , which must comply with folding upholstered furniture designed for sleeping:
- Practical and convenient folding mechanism - the most even surface during transformation is given by accordion and click-gag mechanisms. Roll-out sofas and sofas with the eurobook mechanism are significantly inferior in this parameter, since they consist of sections creating a separation of the mattress.
- The metal frame at the base of the structure is much more durable and practical , unlike the aluminum base, which is completely unsuitable for everyday use. Variants with wooden structures are also acceptable, the only thing you have to take into account the humidity level in the room, since with too frequent temperature differences the wooden frame can be deformed, which will lead to difficulties in its operation.
- The width of the berth : the larger its dimensions, the more comfortable and calmer your sleep will be. The most comfortable seats for this parameter are armchairs with no armrests, as well as models with accordion or click-gag mechanisms.
- A very important indicator of the quality of upholstered furniture is the filler of the mattress, ideally it should be uniform and medium hard, able to keep the shape of the product when taking into account the weight of the sleeping person. The best option for chair-beds are orthopedic mattresses with blocks of independent springs.
An overview of the model of a compact chair-bed in a small room - in the next video.