If you need to process a small plot of land, then a modification of the walk-behind tractor, such as a tractor-breaker, will help you solve this problem. The acquisition of specialized equipment for tillage and household needs is very expensive, and not everyone has enough finance for this. In this situation, one should resort to ingenuity and design inclinations in order to build a mini-tractor from the MTZ motor-block with their own hands.
Features of the selected unit
The walk-behind tractor from which the mini-tractor will be made must meet a number of characteristics.
The main parameter is the power of the unit, the area of the plot, which can be cultivated in the future, depends on it. Accordingly, the more powerful, the greater the processed space.
Next, it is worth paying attention to the fuel, due to which our homemade tractor will function. It is better to opt for models of diesel-powered motoblocks. Such units consume less fuel and are very economical.
An important parameter is also the weight of the walk-behind tractor. It should be understood that more massive and powerful machines are capable of processing a significantly larger number of square meters of land. Also, such models have a higher cross.
And of course, you should pay attention to the price of the device. We advise you to choose models of domestic production. This will help you save a significant part of the money, and at the same time you will receive a high-quality walk-behind tractor, from which you can later make an excellent tractor.
The most suitable MTZ models
All units of the MTZ series are very large-sized and have suitable power in order to convert them into a tractor. Even the old MTZ-05, produced back in Soviet times, is suitable for this purpose and is a fairly high-quality model.
Based on the design, it will be easiest to make a tractor based on MTZ-09N or MTZ-12. These models are distinguished by the greatest weight and power. But it is worth noting that MTZ-09N is more suitable for alteration.
If you think that you can make a 3-wheeled vehicle from MTZ motoblock, as from other model motoblocks, then you are mistaken. In the case of these walk-behind tractors, only 4-wheel tractors should be designed. This is due to the fact that these devices have a two-cylinder diesel engine.
If you need to assemble a tractor from a walk-behind tractor, you will have to follow this sequence of actions:
- first you need to transfer the unit to a specific mode so that it can function with a mower;
- then it is necessary to dismantle and remove the front platform of the device as a whole;
- instead of the aforementioned group of parts, install elements such as the steering wheel and front wheels, then fasten everything with bolts;
- in order to strengthen the assembly and increase rigidity, you should fix the adjusting rod in the niche, which is located in the upper part of the frame (where the steering rod is located);
- mount the seat, and then attach it using electric welding;
- Now it is necessary to form a special platform on which such components as a hydrodistributor and accumulator will be located;
- fasten another frame, the material for which steel should serve, in the rear of the unit (this manipulation will help to organize the adequate functioning of the hydraulic system);
- equip front wheels with a hand brake.
See how to make a mini tractor from MTZ walk-behind tractor in the next video.
The all-terrain attachment will help to significantly increase the patency of the manufactured tractor. It is noteworthy that for this there is no particular need to change something in the design or in its individual parts. All you have to do is remove the standard wheels and install tracks instead. This will significantly increase the efficiency of a homemade tractor-fracture.
This modification is especially indispensable for our harsh winters, if you add to it also an adapter in the form of skis.
Among other things, the crawler attachment is indispensable for use after rain. This is due to the fact that standard wheels do poorly when driving on wet soil: they often slip, get stuck and slip in the ground. Thus, the caterpillars will greatly help to increase the patency of the tractor even in not very favorable conditions.
The most adapted for MTZ motoblocks are caterpillars manufactured at the Krutets domestic plant. Their peculiarity lies in the fact that they are able to easily withstand the weight of sufficiently heavy MTZ walk-behind tractors.