Currently, everyone wants to make their life as comfortable and healthy as possible, which is why not only products of natural origin, but also various items for daily use are in great demand on the modern market. The most important criterion is sleep. For a healthy sleep, you need an orthopedic mattress - this is currently recognized by many. To dwell on the right option, you need to understand which one is recognized as the best and what advantages it has.
What is it and how is it different from a regular mattress?
Such a mattress fixes the position of the back, neck and lower back so that a person does not feel discomfort during sleep. Such a product is able to support the spine due to its springless basis. And the fillers, which are placed throughout the body, maximally adapt to the body of each person.
It is worth noting that the body is unique, and everyone has certain postures for sleeping, in which people feel comfortable. Therefore, an orthopedic mattress (in contrast to the usual) should repeat each bend and not have hollows or convex parts. The most popular option is a mattress with medium hardness, because too hard can hurt the spine, and too soft does not return to its previous shape.
Another characteristic of such a product is orthopedics. During sleep, it is impossible to control the position of the back, so when choosing a regular mattress, you can easily get scoliosis or chondrosis. This outcome can only be avoided by purchasing a suitable type of mattress.
The weight of orthopedic mattresses is quite significant, because in this product there are all kinds of fillers that can relax your back during sleep, bringing comfort.
Soft options are designed for older people, pregnant women and for those who are in rehabilitation in the postoperative period.
It should be noted that hard mattresses are suitable for those who suffer from joint disease, for children whose spine is at a developmental stage, and for those who are overweight.
Benefits, advantages and disadvantages
It is this type of mattress that has recently become popular and in demand in our country. It cannot cure diseases associated with the spine, but can eliminate them at the initial stage of development.
The benefits of this product are:
- in that it leads to a state of complete relaxation of the muscle;
- repeats all bends;
- with the help of special impregnation eliminates the appearance of various fungi and bacteria;
- distributes the load throughout the body, unloading the spine;
- It is made from natural materials that exclude the risk of allergies.
It is impossible not to mention the advantages of an orthopedic mattress with shape memory.
- it adapts to the weight of the person;
- convenient at any time of the year;
- different environmental and medicinal properties;
- prevents the spine from bending;
- has anatomical features.
Do not forget about the shortcomings.
- Both a spring and a springless mattress have a rather heavy weight , it needs to be turned over every six months.
- Another significant drawback is that the glued layers may have a specific odor that disappears within a few days.
They also have contraindications: they are forbidden to those who experience pain in the lumbar region.
At present, the choice of a mattress is a rather laborious and long process, since among the many models it is necessary to single out the most comfortable and convenient option, one that does not cause any harm to health. In the modern market there are a number of different models. To get a really high-quality mattress, you need to understand the types:
- Spring-loaded with independent springs. The essence of such a product is springs, which are placed in a special case and work separately from each other. This view maximally repeats every bend of the body. Such a mattress has an orthopedic effect, allows you to feel a state of complete comfort during sleep, distributes the load. These models have a high price, but they guarantee a quality and healthy sleep.
- Water. Such a mattress in appearance does not differ from ordinary. However, it is only necessary to lie down - and the difference is undoubtedly felt. Lightness is the key word in the characterization of just such a product. Such mattresses are skeptical, but they have several advantages.
Water models improve blood circulation, support the back, have a heating system, so the place will never be cold, have a stiffness system that adapts to any type of physique. They are hypoallergenic and able to calm nerves.
- Springless. Such mattresses are filled with various fillers in the form of cotton wool, linen or latex. There are high and low degrees of orthopedics - depending on the filler. It can be chosen in accordance with the doctor’s recommendations, since children, for example, are not recommended to use too soft mattresses, and those who suffer from lower back diseases, on the contrary, are not recommended to choose solid models.
- Summer Winter. This type of mattress has a two-sided surface, one of which retains heat, and the other - moisture, leveling the surface. On the one hand, it has a soft base, on the other - a hard one. The price of such products is different, since everything depends solely on the content and material of the selected model.
- Rolling curl. This kind is very easy to transport, because it easily fits even in the interior of the car. However, such a model has a number of disadvantages that need to be mentioned. When twisting, a significant load acts on the mattress, which can significantly spoil it. After purchase, it can not be used within 72 hours, this factor is one of the most negative.
- Folding. It may seem that this type of mattress is no different from the usual, but it consists of three folding parts that can be folded and easily fit into one of the cabinets. He will serve as an excellent assistant if guests are welcome. After all, such a folding mattress will replace the bed and will be as comfortable as possible, since it adapts as much as possible to the characteristics of the human body. Among the features can be noted a relatively light weight due to thickness, compactness, temperature control and moisture resistance.
With balls inside. It is a mattress with polymer balls that has a massage effect, provides prophylaxis for various pains in the back and improves sleep with its double waveform. Transverse waves support the body, provide a massage effect. Transverse relax each part of the body.
- With plates. This mattress is chosen by many. It affects all muscle groups and relaxes throughout sleep. Thanks to the built-in plates, it is perfect for those who have joint damage, radiculitis, arthrosis, arthritis or osteochondrosis. With the help of them, there is a certain heating of the sore spot, as well as the removal of pain.
- Bilateral. Such models make it possible to sleep on two sides, but they must be turned over every six months to avoid deformation. You can buy such a mattress both with the same stiffness and with different ones, it all depends on personal preferences.
It should be noted that each mattress is divided into classes:
- Premium When creating such mattresses, multilayer structures are used that provide good sleep and rest. They are made of high quality materials (according to modern developments). To feel comfortable after sleeping, not to be sluggish and not to have problems with the spine, it is worth it once to invest in expensive elite models. Owners of such products are not disappointed in the choice made.
- Economy This option is quite reliable - despite its budget price. Using certain technologies, this product supports the back so that it stays level all night, relaxes various muscle groups - and simply provides comfort. It is worth noting that low cost is not a reason to be skeptical about such a mattress. It (unlike an ordinary standard mattress) is durable and durable.
- Ordinary. They have a classic spring unit, but do not have the orthopedic properties inherent in the above models. Wadded mattresses have gained great popularity in the modern market, but only because of the low cost. If you want to take care of your health, this option must be excluded, since the cotton models do not support the spine, are easily deformed and absorb moisture.
Currently, almost every manufacturer is trying to adapt to the interests and taste of the buyer, making mattresses of various shapes and fillings. For example, round mattresses and products for sliding beds are very demanded in the market.
Fashion trends do not stand still. Products designed for sleep, which are made in the shape of a circle, are no longer new to anyone. This option is ideal not only from an aesthetic point of view, but also from a functional one. The beauty of such a mattress is combined with convenience, since it does not have corners or straight lines. But it should be noted that it needs to be deployed every month or turned over in order to avoid the appearance of depressions.
Composition and Excipients
Modern models, as a rule, are made of quality materials. Wadded uncomfortable mattresses have long faded into the past, they can hardly be found in stores. To choose a mattress that is as close as possible to your wishes, you need to consider several types of fillers. So you can fully make a choice, make the right decision:
- Latex. This filler is one of the ideal as it is natural. It turns out latex from the juice of hevea tree, which undergoes special processing and gets the usual look for us. Due to its naturalness, latex does not allow ticks and various fungi to appear, since it is environmentally friendly.
This option is very convenient, because it adapts to the human body, bending in the right places - and vice versa. This product is durable and has such a feature as the lack of heating during sleep, and this is especially true in the summer.
- From polyurethane foam (PPU). Such material is quite specific, but looks like ordinary foam rubber. It is hypoallergenic, resilient and elastic, has orthopedic properties. Many people think that artificial material or foam can do much harm, but this is completely wrong. Polyurethane models do not contain any chemical compounds that could adversely affect health.
In order for such a mattress to please the owners for many years, it is necessary to observe some rules: remove dust with a vacuum cleaner, dry only in a ventilated room or in the air when washing, turn the product over every six months (to avoid deformation).
- Foam rubber. This traditional filler loses its former popularity every day, because it is being squeezed out due to the appearance of a large number of first-class materials. But foam mattresses are currently purchased by people who sacrifice their health because of the low cost for this model. Among the positive qualities can be noted multifunctionality, ease of care, good ventilation and resistance to moisture.
- Orthofiber. Such a filler is artificial, it is created by special technology and has a springy structure. Due to this, the mattress has such features as high orthopedics and maximum comfort. Such a mattress is not deformed, has good breathability, strength.
- Bamboo. When creating a mattress, it is not the trunk of the tree itself that is used, but its internal filling, which is the basis. It is created without the use of any chemical elements. Such a filler is characterized by antibacterial action. It is suitable for people with asthma or various types of allergies. The fiber is quite light, such a mattress is “airy”. Unpleasant odors are not eaten into it, since air among the bamboo fibers is able to circulate quite freely. You can use it for a long time, since it does not undergo deformation, therefore it is elastic and durable.
- Hollofiber. It is created artificially. Due to the lightweight parts of polyester, such a filler does not lose its shape, passes air well and is always filled with heat. The advantages of such a mattress include the fact that it is suitable for allergy sufferers and is not inferior to other types of fillers. Among the features, one can distinguish elasticity, ventilation, wear resistance, minimal absorption of odors, and the absence of fungi and bacteria.
- Gel. Such a filler remembers the shape best of all. The gel, due to its structure, can memorize three directions at once. It is gel mattresses designed for people who undergo rehabilitation after surgery. This product is very comfortable, which was appreciated by some consumers. However, it is bought quite rarely, since it has narrowly targeted applications.
Any mattress, as a rule, supports the back and spine - due to its rigidity inherent exclusively to it. Such products are divided into several groups, which everyone needs to know about - in order to choose the right mattress:
- Soft. It is suitable for people with low weight or for the elderly. You should not buy such a mattress for children and adolescents, since their skeleton is just forming, and excessive softness can only worsen the situation.
- Semi-rigid. Such a mattress, due to its medium hardness, is able to maintain the back and the health of the spine. Many people who have acquired a semi-rigid model, note a marked improvement in sleep, mood and well-being.
- Hard. These options are for people with ailments such as scoliosis and osteochondrosis. They are suitable for children who only form the skeletal system. Full people should not sleep on such mattresses.
You need to approach the purchase of a mattress and bed wisely and accurately. These two products are simply obliged to ideally fit each other in size, otherwise you can simply forget about a healthy dream. Too large a mattress can hunch, and a small one does not fill the bed completely, creating cracks.
Even an expensive mattress of premium quality and class with the wrong choice can bring a lot of discomfort, and from sleep in this case you will get a minimum of pleasure and comfort. To distinguish mattresses, it is necessary to divide the available sizes into groups.
Single: 80 × 190 cm; 80 × 200 cm; 80 × 180 cm; 80 × 160 cm; 90 × 200 cm.
Half-sleeper: 120 × 190 cm; 120 × 195 cm; 120 × 200 cm; 110 × 190 cm; 150 × 200 cm; 135 × 200 cm.
2 bedrooms: 140 × 190 cm; 140 × 195 cm; 140 × 200 cm; 160 × 190 cm; 160 × 200 cm; 180 × 190 cm; 180 × 195 cm; 180 × 200 cm; 190-200 × 190 cm; 190-200 × 195 cm; 190-200 × 200 cm; 190 × 90 cm; 200 × 200 cm; 100 × 200 cm; 100 × 190 cm; 175 × 90 cm.
Baby standard: 60 × 120 cm; 70 × 190 cm; 70 × 160; 70 × 200 cm; 70 × 140 cm.
The height of the mattress depends solely on your taste preferences.
But it should be noted that individual wishes when choosing should be forgotten by people who are overweight, since it is desirable for them to purchase high-end models. This way you can avoid the maximum degree of deflection of the mattress.
Rating of the best manufacturers
A wide range of mattresses is presented on the modern market, each of which has special characteristics. Each manufacturer maximally adapts to the potential buyer, improving their product and making it original. But for the correct choice of a mattress, it is not enough to know their purpose and main points. Only with the help of reviews and verified companies can you compare all the information and get a really high-quality mattress that will last for many years:
- German mattresses are famous for their high quality and make a person's sleep as pleasant and healthy as possible. When creating any model, the Germans (thanks to innovative technologies and high-quality materials) create premium mattresses, the comfort of which you will feel the very first night. In a word - to succumb to doubts about the quality of German mattresses simply does not make sense.
- It is worth noting the manufacturer called Ikea. It is his products that are of high quality and affordable price. The company provides a large selection of mattresses whose warranty period exceeds 20 years. If the mattress did not suit you, the store can return the money within three months from the date of purchase, which is very convenient. The company produces spring, springless, toppers and children's mattresses.
- The standard of durability, quality and maximum comfort in modern times are Italian mattresses. When creating any model, Italians use only new materials and technologies: latex foam or materials with shape memory. They successfully practice the use of materials with a porous texture, which makes the mattress stiff, breathable and hypoallergenic. Mattresses are impregnated with natural compounds that affect a person only in a refreshing way.
How to choose for daily use?
It should be noted that the mattress must be chosen not only according to external criteria, but also according to internal characteristics, based on the material from which it is made, on the degree of rigidity and on the purpose associated with age, weight and disease.
The mattress for the elderly, as a rule, should be moderately soft, because joints can hurt from a solid model, and health can deteriorate. You need to approach the choice very seriously and carefully. Often, such a choice is an unsolvable problem, since most older people tend to a conservative solution. Unfortunately, this greatly affects health, since even the smallest cavity can cause spinal curvature.
Doctors recommend at this age to choose orthopedic mattresses, since they repeat all the bends of the body and quickly return to their previous position.
It must be borne in mind that people of advanced age are more prevented from falling asleep by discomfort. Their sleep is very sensitive, and literally every hillock or hollow is felt. To avoid such inconvenience, you need to choose the right mattress.
Everyone knows that extra pounds provide additional load on the spine. Standard mattresses are not designed for such loads, bending occurs, which negatively affects health. For obese people and with a lot of weight, sleep in this case will not be useful. On the contrary, a state of drowsiness and fatigue will appear.
Mattresses specially designed for this category of people can now be found at almost any manufacturer. The main features and criteria will be high strength, resistance to deformation, loads and orthopedic properties.
Mattresses for adults can be completely different in their design characteristics. It all depends only on personal wishes or on the advice of a doctor. Depending on the degree of disease of the spine or joints, a hard or moderately hard mattress is selected that can deliver the owner only pleasant sensations and ensure a healthy sleep.
After surgery on the spine, with a hernia, with osteochondrosis of the lumbar, you need to buy a mattress that will be endowed with orthopedic properties and which will take the maximum shape of the human body, will help relax the muscles of the neck and spine.
It is necessary to mention the mattress with a compressor - an anti-decubitus product. When buying such a product, you need to pay attention to what it is made of. The most suitable option is a mattress made of rubberized fabric, which is cleaned without much difficulty. It must have a blowing system so that there is no discomfort. But the most important thing is the presence of a silent compressor.
When choosing a model for a student, it is necessary to compare only hard mattresses or products with medium stiffness (with independent springs). You must take into account the height and weight of the adolescent - these are very important factors. The best option, of course, will be a mattress with a natural filler, which will only positively affect the health of the child.
Care and maintenance
Each mattress has its own service life. However, it is possible to extend it for several years, only by making some efforts, carefully caring for him. The main thing is to put it correctly so that it does not deform, so that there are no additional folds or bumps.
The foundation here plays far from the last role. It is a wooden lattice that facilitates the passage of air and has excellent anatomical properties. A bed with an iron frame will be more difficult to move, you can only put it on the floor and forget about the movements. However, having such a foundation, one can be sure that under the influence of a large body mass or jumping children it will not break.
The most comfortable cases are, of course, zippered cases , so it’s worth looking at this particular look (because of the maximum degree of convenience).
It is also worth noting the mattress cover that needs to be cleaned. If it is removable, it can be easily removed and washed in a typewriter, while the non-removable must be cleaned by hand, removing stains with a specially designed product.
Another indispensable part of a comfortable bed is the topper. This is a thin mattress that does not require special care. It is only necessary to occasionally shake it and wash it - in accordance with the characteristics of the material from which it is made.
It should be noted that the pad with orthopedic effect, if any, also requires care. But we must remember that in no case can it be knocked out. You can only vacuum it, and ideally, just brush it.
When choosing any mattress, it is necessary to study all its characteristics, features and read reviews of people who have purchased a particular model from some manufacturers.
A large number of positive reviews were sent to Askona Victory mattresses. They are quite actively advertised and are popular because they are endowed with qualities such as maintaining shape, bending in the necessary places for this.
Another good mattress (according to customer reviews) is the Ormatek Season Max 4D Matrix. This model is two-sided, it is endowed with two sides, different in rigidity, which is very convenient. Thanks to the independent block of springs, the natural components included in the composition, and the anatomical properties, it will not only give pleasure to the owner, but also ensure a good healthy sleep.
Perhaps the third popular mattress is the "Sporty Spring" Schlaraffia. The company has existed on the market for more than 100 years, and therefore it has earned the trust of customers. This model has not only positive characteristics, but also a very reasonable price, which cannot but please consumers. This mattress is different in that it is divided into two parts, each of which has a different stiffness. Such a mattress is intended for couples, since each side is made taking into account the female and male anatomical features.
To choose the most suitable option, you need to consider a variety of factors. Compare several products, their characteristics - and after that it will be possible to determine the choice. So you will not be disappointed in the end.
See how to choose the right orthopedic mattress in the next video.