Lighting devices play an important role in any style. In addition to the main purpose, they make the look of the interior complete and holistic. One of the most cozy and homely comfortable areas of design is the "country" style that arose in America, introducing a sense of peace, warmth and comfort into the room. It is a fashionable trend in the design of country houses, theme restaurants and hotels.
Country style chandeliers have a number of features and stand out from other analogs.
Ceiling chandeliers should fully comply with the characteristics of style, decorating the room. A large ceiling lamp located in the center of the spacious room automatically becomes a key element of the interior, so its choice should be thorough.
Country lighting fixtures combine ethnic motifs and naturalness. With external simplicity, they stand out with notes of elegance. These lamps bring a touch of antiquity to the interior. In the manufacture of chandeliers in the above direction, objects with a history are often used. It can be a real cartwheel, a blackened chain, and much more.
Some models are decorated with floral patterns, textile materials and other decorative elements.
Before you talk more about the features of the chandeliers, you need to understand what is the style of "country". This direction has absorbed the spirit of antiquity, reflected in the use of objects of special textures. Being the standard of home comfort and warmth, it is created through the use of natural wood in large volumes.
The array is practically not processed or covered with transparent varnish to preserve the natural pattern of the tree and its expressive pattern. Often, stone is used as finishing materials.
In this style, natural materials, including fabric, are used. The colors of the textiles used are soft, calm, relaxing, natural. This is mainly brown, beige color and their shades. As supplements use white, burgundy, gray, green, black tones.
To make the style more expressive, in addition to the chandelier, forged elements, animal skins, horns and stuffed animals are added to the interior.
Features of a chandelier in a rustic decor
For each style, there are certain canons, according to which, it is necessary to select lamps. A rustic wooden chandelier with wrought iron elements fits perfectly into the country, transforming the room beyond recognition.
Lamps in the above direction have a number of distinctive features:
- No sharp corners, geometry or clear lines. The correct country chandelier combines soft transitions and smooth shapes (forged details in the form of climbing plants can adorn it).
- The main material for chandeliers is a natural solid wood. It can be domestic or foreign grade. As a complement, metal parts and fabric are used.
- Country chandeliers have large parameters; they are massive ceiling lights. For full design, they need a lot of space.
- The effect of artificial aging is an ideal design technique for country chandeliers. Designers often use coarse and unprocessed elements, giving the product a special charm.
- For lighting devices in this direction, natural gamma is used. Often, shades are distinguished by a characteristic metallic luster and imitation of aging.
Variety of models
The range of chandeliers in the country power is diverse and depends on the raw materials used, shape, size. This allows brands to find an approach to each buyer who is a connoisseur of this stylistic direction.
- Hardware. Metal country chandeliers can be made of brass, bronze and other metal alloys. To make the product look expressive and attract the eye, black color is added to the alloy, thereby highlighting individual lines or details. Metal models look more compact and neater than wooden counterparts.
Such ceiling accessories are not often used as the main source of artificial light: heavy weight is an obstacle to such a decor.
- Chandelier in the form of a wheel. The chandeliers in the shape of the wheels of an old cart are very popular in the style of "country". This element acts as the base on which the lamps are placed. It is suspended from the ceiling, decorated with chains and iron parts. This may be a product based on a real wheel or its workshop imitation.
It’s quite difficult to find a cart wheel, but such items are rare and are called “accessories with a story.”
- Fabric and harnesses. Textile materials are often used to decorate plafonds in a rustic style. Coarse and textured fabric, the composition of which must certainly be natural, is best suited. Together with fabric in the design of chandeliers, designers use coarse ropes and tows.
- "Horned" chandelier. As a design decoration of rustic chandeliers, the horns of various animals (moose, deer, saiga) are often used. It can be natural horns or their imitation of natural wood, treated with varnish.
It is worth noting that the above models are the most common and popular in this style. The development of the design sphere does not stand still: specialists are constantly developing new models of lighting fixtures.
Given the popularity of country style, lighting stores offer a huge variety of models. There are expensive accessories for sale made from rare varieties of wood and other natural materials, as well as budget options that only visually resemble items from the catalog of luxury goods.
Where to get?
You can buy pendant chandeliers in the country style in special online stores. Such a purchase is especially convenient if in the city of the buyer there is no specialized boutique with lamps in the necessary decor. On the network, customers have the opportunity to choose the perfect model in appearance and cost.
The second way is to go to a large lighting store, which offers a huge selection of chandeliers, including in a rustic style.
Craftsmen can make a country chandelier on their own. On the expanses of the worldwide network, many lessons have been collected on how to make a lamp yourself.
If you decide on this option and complete it, you will end up with a unique handmade product. Such items are valued much higher than factory analogues.
Country lamps and chandeliers have an expressive appearance that sets them apart from other models. Before heading to a store or placing an order through a remote store, you need to determine exactly where the new lamp will be placed. Country style is better suited for spacious rooms. However, this does not mean that such a chandelier cannot be placed in a room with a small usable area.
For large rooms, a massive chandelier is ideal. This may be a multi-level model of wood, decorated with horns, branches and other elements. The standard location is in the center of the room. When decorating the banquet rooms of restaurants, you can install several ceiling chandeliers. Particularly successful lamps of this type look in rooms with high ceilings.
For small rooms it is better to choose models more compact, placing them pointwise or around the perimeter of the room.
Glass: yes or no?
As a rule, glass is not used to decorate a chandelier in the country style, but as a supplement this material is quite appropriate.
Colored glass shades can be part of the luminaire in the above style. Warm shades of models, for example, yellow or orange, look organically. You can also find models with frosted glass.
Designers recommend not saving when buying a chandelier for a room in a country decor. If you want to organize a real rustic style, you have to spend money on natural materials and expensive models.
It is not recommended to use this type of chandelier in a children's room. This applies to products with forged elements, horns and other sharp details.
For this area, it is better to choose a lamp decorated with fabric and thick threads. It can be a plain textured material (beige, brown, milk shade.) Or a fabric decorated with a small floral pattern.
You can find out how to create an original country-style chandelier with your own hands by watching the video below.